NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Beef? We only serve Kangaroo here!

Just browsing the BBC News website, and came across this article:

Switching from beef to kangaroo burgers could significantly help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, says an Australian scientist.

The methane gas produced by sheep and cows through belching and flatulence is more potent than carbon dioxide in the damage it can cause to the environment.

But kangaroos produce virtually no methane because their digestive systems are different.

Dr George Wilson, of the Australian Wildlife Services, urges farming them.

He says they have a different set of micro-organisms in their guts to cows and sheep.

Source:

BBC

So, imagine that. In 10 years time, we might all be eating Kangaroo burgers. Fancy that, eh?

You can already buy Kangaroo burgers from Walkabout i think. Never had one though

Can you?! o_O

I didn't know that. Wonder if they're popular, at all?

You can already buy Kangaroo burgers from Walkabout i think. Never had one though

i have had a kangaroo steak from there. it was really nice.

i sometimes with i was a baby kangaroo so i could sit all nice and warm in the pouch and be caried around.

still, im all for it,

So we let cows live to fart the Earth to hell.

Or basically they're putting English farmers out of business for this reason.

if it helps your conscience- they're nasty violent things when pressed, and would kill you.

And here I thought Kangaroo meat was some taboo similar to eating donkey or dog/cat meat. Is it possible to mass-produce kangaroo meat though? I don't think they're as plentiful as the cows in this world.

And here I thought Kangaroo meat was some taboo similar to eating donkey or dog/cat meat. Is it possible to mass-produce kangaroo meat though? I don't think they're as plentiful as the cows in this world.

dont forget cows arnt nautraly that aboundent. i cant see any reason we couldnt do mass kangaroo farms.

I read somewhere that cows are as abundant as the chickens of this world, hence their flesh are the most-consumed globally.

A while ago they were talking about finding ways to use the gas produced by cows and sheep for energy...

what a crazy world we live in... I cant see this actually happening, though its cool to think about it. Kangaroo tastes nothing like beef, its more of a novelty thing to eat kangaroo. Dogs love to chew on kangaroo tails, they can last a while :P

I read somewhere that cows are as abundant as the chickens of this world, hence their flesh are the most-consumed globally.

Where do you think the cows and chickens come from? The old wild land where Billy the wild chicken and Petey cow roam freely? The number of those animals in this world is solely down to people breeding them.

Orrr we could all just eat veggie burgers :heh:

...actually even I find them quite gross...although vegetarian chicken nuggets are not bad at all!

Orrr we could all just eat veggie burgers :heh:

...actually even I find them quite gross...although vegetarian chicken nuggets are not bad at all!

I remember my sister went vegetarian for two weeks, and my Wicked Stepmother forced everyone else to go vegetarian with her.

Probably one of the most nutritiously unpleasant two weeks' my father and I have ever endured. Sausages should not crumble to dust when you poke them, they should squirt a mysterious sweet-smelling liquid. Burgers should not leave you feeling hungrier than before you ate them.

BTT: Kangaroo meat, please tell me there is not a whacked-out religion where kangaroo meat is considered taboo? Knowing the human race, there'll be some group of nut-jobs that say even looking at kangaroos sends you straight to Hell.

Adidas Predators are made of kangaroo leather so I wonder what happens to all the meat?

Sausages should not crumble to dust when you poke them, they should squirt a mysterious sweet-smelling liquid.

What kind of sausages do you eat?

Never had kangaroo before, but wouldn't mind trying some as i am up for trying anything once then if i don't like it i won't have it again.

Dont think i could eat it, kanagaroos are so cute. I thought about it when i was in Australia but i opted for crocodile instead because they're evil. Damn thats one chewy reptile!

Never had kangaroo before, but wouldn't mind trying some as i am up for trying anything once then if i don't like it i won't have it again.

Like sushi?

I remember my sister went vegetarian for two weeks, and my Wicked Stepmother forced everyone else to go vegetarian with her.

Probably one of the most nutritiously unpleasant two weeks' my father and I have ever endured. Sausages should not crumble to dust when you poke them, they should squirt a mysterious sweet-smelling liquid. Burgers should not leave you feeling hungrier than before you ate them.

sounds like she didnt know how to cook em. i went veggie for a bit to shift some weight (worked a treat btw) i never had a problem with vegie sauages, the linda mcartney ones are fan tastic. i dont mind the burgers, though admitedly they need a bit of ketchup. the chicken is good, the meat balls good. vegie mince is tricky to use, only trust it in pies.