NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

N-Europe ONLY site I can view?!

Ok, bizarre problem. I recently had the decibels turned up to 9 on my internet connection to stop interference...I don't know what any of that really alters but that's what BE have done due to every-twenty-second disconnects.

So now it is more stable (roughly twenty min dc's atm) but as of tonight (7pm) I can ONLY go on N-Europe. Any other site does not work at all. Nothing. Not even Google!

Now I've done all of those normal things such as restarted computer/checked for virus' spywares etc and done the simple thing of turning off the router/internet completely and restarting...so when I did I could view some other sites...ebay.com worked and nothing else I could think of did. No facebooks/youtubes/wiki's/googles etc...

So yeah, totally confused. I've cleared all histories/cookies etc too. Now I'm just utterly confused. Anyone?

Be are having continued DNS troubles I guess. They really have a terrible DNS system, it makes some pages load slower than they should as well (although you may not notice it). I hope they can fix their DNS problems once and for all so this type of stuff doesn't have to happen anymore, otherwise their service is awesome.

You can try using OpenDNS.

That's really strange, I had the same problem last night on O2 (i.e. Be), but I use OpenDNS. I don't think it was a DNS problem because just typing in Google's IP address didn't give me anything.

It all came back to normal about 11pm.

I'm on Be. One night I had those disconnects and just gave up on it for the night. Otherwise now I can view any web page I want.

I would still choose Be for 20/1.3 for £22 a month even if it gave me trouble 5 times a month.

God is telling you something.

Yes.... telling us to be faithful and to believe in Be : peace:

Yes.... telling us to be faithful and to visit N-E frequently.

Fixed for divine justice.

I'm using be and opendns and I haven't had this problem

I don't think it could have been a DNS problem as I was using OpenDNS and had this problem. It also wouldn't work by just using an IP address instead of a web address so I'm pretty confident it wasn't a DNS problem.

Not to worry though, problem was only there for a few hours, everything's fine now.

Sign in to follow this