NEurope
Jav_NE

Wasps!

Oh. Fuck.

.tuo ti erugif nac uoy fi eeS .sdrawkcab ti etirw ot nesohc evah I ,derob ma I ecniS .txet tnavelerri yletelpmoc siht gnitirw ma I ,gnol sretcarahc net tsael ta eb ot deriuqer si tsop a sA

I don't normally mind wasps. I've been stung loads of times and hardly noticed it. Plus, they are very good at flying and tend to find the window easily. (Sorry about your girlfriend though - that's obviously a horrible thing to happen.)

Queen wasps are very scary though. A couple of months ago I was doing my weight training in the conservatory, when a gigantic wasp flew in. It was so big, I honestly thought it was a hornet. It had stripes, but much longer legs than usual, even in proportion to its massive body. I can only assume it was a queen wasp.

Obviously, hornets are very scary too. Other than those and the "dirty" types of fly, I like insects.

A tip for those who hate spiders: try and befriend any Shaking Spiders you see! These are the ones with very, very thin legs that make webs in the corner of the ceiling. You can tell it's a shaking spider because when threatened, it shakes in a circular motion. Apparently, these are very tough for their size and can eat the scary types of spider!

I don't normally mind wasps. I've been stung loads of times and hardly noticed it. Plus, they are very good at flying and tend to find the window easily. (Sorry about your girlfriend though - that's obviously a horrible thing to happen.)

Queen wasps are very scary though. A couple of months ago I was doing my weight training in the conservatory, when a gigantic wasp flew in. It was so big, I honestly thought it was a hornet. It had stripes, but much longer legs than usual, even in proportion to its massive body. I can only assume it was a queen wasp.

Obviously, hornets are very scary too. Other than those and the "dirty" types of fly, I like insects.

A tip for those who hate spiders: try and befriend any Shaking Spiders you see! These are the ones with very, very thin legs that make webs in the corner of the ceiling. You can tell it's a shaking spider because when threatened, it shakes in a circular motion. Apparently, these are very tough for their size and can eat the scary types of spider!

Aren't those called cross spiders?

Aren't those called cross spiders?

I don't know. They look like Harvestmen, but they aren't. A Harvestman has a single, "pear-shaped" body, whilst a Shaking Spider (or any spider) has a segmented body.

I don't know. They look like Harvestmen, but they aren't. A Harvestman has a single, "pear-shaped" body, whilst a Shaking Spider (or any spider) has a segmented body.

The most regular spiders in Denmark are the cross spiders (the small ones that always sit in window corners) and house spiders (the bigger, black ones). House spiders creep me out, but cross spiders don't. I guess it's all about the size.

The most regular spiders in Denmark are the cross spiders (the small ones that always sit in window corners) and house spiders (the bigger, black ones). House spiders creep me out, but cross spiders don't. I guess it's all about the size.

Hmm, I'm not sure if you've got shaking spiders up there yet. I think I read they're from South Africa, and we've only noticed them in England over the past few years. If it shakes in a circular motion whilst upside-down, it's a shaking spider.

I dont mind spiders too much, as long as they arn't those ones that run really fast or the really big ones.

I had renewed respect for bees after watching a program last light on the honey harvest in Nepal. They really are clever, and he said without them 1/3 of all our crops wouldn't exist. That's pretty impressive how much we rely on them and dont really realise it.

Not wasps no, no. They just piss us all off.

That video made me say exactly the same thing as Danny lol.

I hate the lil buggers - I remember one summer stepping on two barefoot at the same time. I was in agony!