NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ViPeR

360 Repairs feedback

I'd just like to know, if you've had your 360 repaired, what state your 360's came back in guys and girls. I got mine back today. I was initially pleased at the fact they gave me 1 month subscription but when I got it back I can see why. I plugged it in and it didn't even turn on. I really have to force the plug in to get it to work (oo-err). I'm guessing all that remains of my original console is the case. The CD tray is probably the most disappointing as it really struggles to open and close like it's 10 years old. Now whether this is because it's brand new or extremely old is anyones guess. It also makes some extremely weird noises when loading up/reading a disc. I've no idea what motherboard they replaced mine with either, I don't think it's this 'Opus' thing floating around. I don't have much hope of this one lasting as long as my previous (11 months). So enough of that. What horror/success stories have you guys had just so I can compare.

Sigh...Microsoft really have screwed up big time with the reliability of this console, then it seems like they treat existing customers like crap when it comes to repairs. I really think they should have replaced every circulating 360 with a model that was guaranteed not to red ring so easily (devoted their efforts to finding this solution). Continuing to sell a product that is near guaranteed to break in a reasonable space of time is downright atrocious.

I got my elite just over a month ago and I'm not looking forward to the almost inevitable red ring. Rest assured, when I do have to get it repaired I'm going to rip the guy's (customer support) balls off and shove them down his throat. =D

The noise you're getting, does it go kinda "Ruh." because that's quite common in drives when it takes a disc.

I don't get what you mean by "struggles" to open. Vid... or something. As for the board, they should have replaced that regardless. They're trying to get rid of all the old Xenon boards, even the 60GB 360 now has a new motherboard (only difference is that theres only 1 set of RAM chips and they're all on the top of the board rather than under and on top which stops some of the heat issues).

I think the CD Drive must've been wearing itself in. It's fairly smooth now. What I meant by struggling was that it'd open and close slowly and stutter half way through. It still does the stutter slightly but not as badly. I know what the noise is but it just sounded different from my previous but I guess if it's different innards that'd make sense. Any idea I can find out what motherboard they replaced it with?

Sign in to follow this