NEurope
ThePigMarcher

Madden '09

So this is due to drop next week and I see no thread (I may have missed it). I would probably be correct in the assumption that there are very few people interested in this.

As always , I can't wait , especially as I need my yearly NFL updates (I would prefer the return of the 2k series but thats another story).

I also have the expectation that somewhere along the line EA will screw up somewhere and leave me disappointed , '08 was a letdown in many areas , especially as '07 was absolutely incredible for a Wii launch title (nothing to do with the Shaun Alexander cover , honest .... damn Madden curse).

However , early previews seem to be really positive and with the addition of stuff like 'call your shots' this could be the NFL fans dream.

I do have concerns over the new 'all-play' tag and really hope that EA don't dumb the game down to capture the casual market , especially as they seemingly screwed up with NCAA '09 which I did plan on importing but thankfully didn't.

I really hope the on-line aspect gets improved this year because last years effort was pretty shocking (and yes , I know it was a first year effort).

There are quite a few things that also need work so I really hope that my 5 month campaign of extensive exchanges to EA support last year wasn't completely wasted. However , they probably already knew that they would get my cash again this year so why would they bother.

So , anyone else interested in this , or will it be another year of poor sales , and endless hours in the EA Lobby by myself.

For the UK I'd say your in the minority for sure. Google some Wii Madden fans :p. The all-play moniker has been removed from all EA PAL titles. I was going to get FIFA/TWoods and maybe NFL but tbh I'm just going to wait and see what motion plus brings to the EA stable now. Seems like the right thing to do considering there are so many other decent titles coming out over the next few months.

I've still not gone for Madden Wii yet. I've always been a PC Maddener because of the third party updates etc. With that out the window, I'm back on Madden 04. Football Freaks are doing a Madden '09 update for PC on '08 so I may just use that instead.

On a semi-related note, how's Seattle's Training Camp going? In fact...I don't know what you guys have been up to recently. The only thing I know is that we signed your backup MLB...

I loved Madden 07 on the WIi - best Madden in years for me (not usually a fan). I'm tmpted by this one to be honest, I may pick it up.

Only just seen the review on IGN (scored 8.5) http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/897/897601p1.html

Really does sound positive , improved play-calling screen and seems to have reverted back to more of that from '07 (which worked well). On-line is supposedly improved , how they could really tell just yet though is questionable , and the gameplay apparently has not been dumbed down for the casuals too.

No bugs discovered in around 40 hours on gameplay , I find this hard to believe , but EA might have surprised us here.

Will have to see what some of the gamespot forums throw up when the game officially launches Stateside tomorrow , but things may look rosy.

What with this and a largely positive preview for NHL 2K9 on gamespot , maybe it'll be possible to start enjoying sports games on the Wii again.

On a semi-related note, how's Seattle's Training Camp going? In fact...I don't know what you guys have been up to recently.

Apart from the injury bug which seems to have hit , then largely positive. My concerns about WR depth and the o-line may have been answered , centre is a problem though. We may have found our solution to continued problems at TE , if Carlson can step it up in the pros and we may have a rushing attack again this year.

Defense is looking really solid again this season , with arguably the best LB corps and secondary in the league , now we just have to rely on John 'Vanilla' Marshall actually using the guys to their best ability.

Oops , sorry mods , got a little sidetracked there.

EDIT 14/08 - Yay , arrived this morning so may post some impressions shortly. Just in case anyone cares :p