N-Europe

Graphics Card Time

Calza

Yep, I'm needing to buy a card and hopefully you guys will help me.

Basically it needs to be less than £100 (the cheaper the better) as well as a good PSU to go with it.

My specs at the moment are Intel E4500 at 2.20GHz, 2GB of memory and I believe its a 300W PSU but I'm not sure. Basically its a Dell so I'm guessing it will be the bare minimum they could of gotten away so thats why I'm needing to get a new one.

I just really want a really good value bang for buck card now I know the 4850 is getting amazing reviews and is the best mid-range card ever but its about £110+ (afaik) and then the cost of the PSU so unless it really is the best option I was hoping to spend a bit less.

I was thinking maybe the 8800GT or the 9600GT but it would help just to hear your thoughts.

Id probably go for the 8800GT (about £96 from ebuyer), can be found for cheaper than the 9600Gt. Its also much better than the 9600gt and offers decent competition to the 8800gtx even though its half the price. I have one and it hasn't let me down yet.

The 4850 looks pretty sweet though.

If your PSU is high quality, it might just pull it. But considering it's Dell, you might want to get near 400W. I believe you can get a nice 380W Zalman cooler for 25-30 pounds, that should do the trick I think.