NEurope
Jackster

Exam Results 2008!

I'm going to resit C1 as well.

I'm also considering taking 4 A levels next year (Maths, ICT, Biology and Business). Although i'm not really a fan of business it is sort of a back up if i fail any other. Also i'm thinking a business A level would be easier than an AS in Physics.

Chuck, i'm also thinking of doing Computer Science aswell, but like you i don't know why Uni yet.

I'll possibly be doing AS physics depending on the option blocks.

Well, I got...

English Language A2: A

Media Studies A2: A

Applied ICT A2: A

General Studies A2: A

Law A2: A

Spanish A2: A

I was pretty suprised but Yay me!

Nope, that's wrong, you keep the best score, if you did worse in the resit you keep the original etc

Ive always been told otherwise

I'll possibly be doing AS physics depending on the option blocks.

Its bludy hard man... I got solid E's on all the modules...

agreed, as physics was stupidly hard, my lecturer didnt like me. i once managed to work ut the answer to a set of questions, though my working out was entierly wrong. did i get a thumbs up for inventing an easyer way to do physics? no. i was met with him, hands on his head, asking what the point of my existence was.

Physics isn't too hard if you're only taking it to AS, especially if you've done (or doing) some of the Maths Mechanics modules. A2 does step it up considerably though.

Well, I got...

English Language A2: A

Media Studies A2: A

Applied ICT A2: A

General Studies A2: A

Law A2: A

Spanish A2: A

I was pretty suprised but Yay me!

Six? Insane, nice one. Though I do spot a few mickey mouse subjects (general studies :shakehead ). Now the subjects I did - Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry - are the ultimate combination of awesomeness :heh:

Physics isn't too hard if you're only taking it to AS, especially if you've done (or doing) some of the Maths Mechanics modules. A2 does step it up considerably though.

Six? Insane, nice one. Though I do spot a few mickey mouse subjects (general studies :shakehead ). Now the subjects I did - Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry - are the ultimate combination of awesomeness :heh:

Our school makes you take general studies.

I've done AS maths and will be doing A2 next year so I think Physics should be ok. And I'll only be taking it to AS.

Ive always been told otherwise

No doubt to stop you retaking :P

I retook a computing exam and got a couple marks lower (32 instead of 34, both Fails lol) but i kept the 34.

No doubt to stop you retaking :P

Dom is indeed right. However, for remarks, at least in A-level summer exams, the second mark is the final one.

So if I did retake C1 and got a C or whatever they would still take my B?

They would indeed.

If you need any help with any core maths, gimmie a shout on MSN, I'll be happy to help, if you wish.

They would indeed.

If you need any help with any core maths, gimmie a shout on MSN, I'll be happy to help, if you wish.

You may be getting a shout from me then sometime this/next year. :smile: What usually happens is that i don't understand the work untill i start revision (or learning) 2 weeks before the exam.

That is disgusting. Seriously. :shakehead:heh::smile:

Ach, my mum is picking up my GCSE English result, I'll be on my way to Reading though, so I might have a shit weekend if it's below a C and I don't get into uni >_<

You may be getting a shout from me then sometime this/next year. :smile: What usually happens is that i don't understand the work untill i start revision (or learning) 2 weeks before the exam.

Go for it.

I haven't done C1 in ages, but C3 and 4 are my speciallities, and when I did C2, a year ago, I got an A, so I must be pretty good.

I'd have an A overall if it wasn't for that damned Mech 2 paper I didn't finish...

GCSEs are out (non-bold = grades already aquired last year).

Drama: B, Distinction

Btec PE: Merit (expected to fail)

Science: A, A

English Language: A*

English Literature: B (Marks being appealed)

History: B

Geography: B

French: B

Maths: A

Can't say I wouldn't have liked to get higher in History and Georgraphy, but French really got very hard in the last year. Overall, these are more than enough for Sixth Form.

Oh Yes - worked so hard for these results!

BTEC: Distinction

English Lit: A*

Maths:A*

Biology: A*

Physics: A*

Chemistry: A*

Geography:A*

General Studies: A*

Statistics: A

P.E: A

RS: A

French: C (expected D :))

Critical Thinking AS: B

Overall really happy with my results. :)

Well done everybody else with your GCSE results (I hope you got what you all wanted).

Congratulations Spirited. You beat me; much respect.

I got:

English Lit: A*

Maths:A

Biology: A

Physics: A

Chemistry: A

Geography:A*

History: A

Media Studies: A*

IT: A

French: B

R.E.: B (Got this last year)

I'm really pleased with these results.

YAY! Got into Kent depsite failing to meet every requirement they set me.

Got a D in GCSE English and they still let me in ^_^