NEurope
Jackster

Exam Results 2008!

Well I got a mixed bag. I got an A in Geography, I say A but that was just for one module I didnt get a sheet with the full AS grade. I got all E's in Physics, a D in Maths and a D in ICT which is what I expected from what Strider said.

Got me a B in Graphics, Photography and Computing. Buzzin got As this year in Photography.

And a D in General Studies. Writing about space flight and colonising the moon is enough to warrant a C it seems.

Proper gar.

Fuckin YES!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely shitting it the past day... had a dream where Id got poor results... woke up, walked in to see two clever kids crying on the wall and a guy who's good at english tell me he only got C. By this point I was fucking terrified. Form tutor handed me the envelope witha frown, which didn't help. Anyways took it outside with me mate...

English - A

Biology - A

General Studies - A

Art - B

Chemistry - D (Knew Id cocked that up, did basically no revision)

So pleased, considering I was predicted ACCC :D Time to change my perspective on uni's i coudl get into...

EDIT: Them be AS results btw not A2

Well done everyone :smile:

Seems to be good news all round! Although you guys who woke up at 7am are crazy imo :p

Well done guys. :)

Still can't believe you have to go into school to get your results. We get ours by post, or now now on the internet or even via text.

Still can't believe you have to go into school to get your results. We get ours by post, or now now on the internet or even via text.

:o You have the internet in Scotland??? wow, who knew ;)

- another sidepoint - is that a kinks reference in your title?

Anyway, congrats to all. Even if you didn't do well and didn't get into uni it's not so bad, it just means your life will take a different path. Not necassarily a worse path either. As for people moving on to A2s, be warned A2 is a lot harder. - OK there's a chance I'm getting a bit sentimental as I've just come back from having a few drinks

Well done guys. :)

Wait what?

You mean they don't get it in the post in England?

Getting an email is pretty cool too, you can forward it to people so they don't all whine and tell you they want to see your letter >_>

Congratulations everyone.

I hope no one was too disappointed with their results.

Well done people :)

AS results are as follows:

Biology - A

Chemistry - A

Maths - A

Further Maths - (scrapped an) A

So i'm happy :)

I got A's in all my AS modules apart from Mechanics 1, which I expected.

So yeah, I officially got 5 A's.

WOOOO!!!!

:o You have the internet in Scotland??? wow, who knew ;)

- another sidepoint - is that a kinks reference in your title?

Nah, I'm just a well respected man who like's his shirts which set me free all day and all of the night to come dancing on a sunny afternoon. :indeed:

I'm torn about mine.

Art - A (YES, that's the only one I really needed)

English - Not finished the modules yet, so yeah...got A in poetry and prose.

Design Technology - This year I won the prize for this. Got at the end of term and everything. I knew I'd done well in my coursework thus. And indeed, I got an A for my coursework. However, I ran out of time during the exam papers, meaning I barely got any of the design stuff done. I got a D and a U in the papers. I hate. At least I can resit.

Problem is that I NEED D.T at at least a B by next year, and the fact that stuff we need for the exam, we aren't even taught during the year, we have to learn it for ourselves, basically.

Can't believe it is already a year since my GCSE results =O. I have no results to collect this year as I'm doing the IB, with no exams and results untill the second year. I did have mocks though, which I did fairly well in =). Hope everyone got what they wanted!

Fucking epic.

I checked the UCAS site, and was greeted with this: "Congratulations! Your place at University of Surrey (S85) to study Civil Engineering (4 years) (H201) has been confirmed. "

FUCK YEAH!

I got BBC minimum, I'm fucking ecstatic.

Welcome to leafy Surrey, you'll enjoy it here!

Congratulations everyone.

I hope no one was too disappointed with their results.

Now we must wait until Thursday for our day of judgement.:heh:

Congrats to everyone with their A/As Levels, and good luck to everyone with GCSE grades to obtain!

Congrats all you A-level kids. I know im a bit late but pff. Im sure the weekend has been a blur of drunken debauchery anyway.

No, I still have to wait to see if I've got my C in GCSE English before going out and ruining my liver. :(

So I went to enrol for year 13 today and was told my E in Math and Physics wasnt really good enough to carry on in. I was 'advised' to drop them both and take Applied Science in AS. So I want to do Computer Science (not sure which university) and most uni's require a science, math, or technical A level.

So I got D in Geography ( although I dont see how when I got A, C, D)

and a D in ICT

and two E's

So Ive hit a snag. I need to drop one. If I'm doing Computer Science the obvious thing to drop would be Geography... but that is statistically my best subject. So I could get extra help with Maths and Physics, with a really great Math teacher whom Im willing to spend hours extra a week. What should I dooooo

I got a B in maths, 2 marks off of an A. C1-B, C2-A, Stats-A. So anyway I wanted to carry on at A2 but I wanted to retake C1. Can I do this and still keep my C2 and stats? And what would happen if I did worse in it?

You keep the resit score if you did worse in the resit

Nope, that's wrong, you keep the best score, if you did worse in the resit you keep the original etc

I'm going to resit C1 as well.

I'm also considering taking 4 A levels next year (Maths, ICT, Biology and Business). Although i'm not really a fan of business it is sort of a back up if i fail any other. Also i'm thinking a business A level would be easier than an AS in Physics.

Chuck, i'm also thinking of doing Computer Science aswell, but like you i don't know which Uni yet.