NEurope
darkjak

360 Quality

I've heard a lot of bad things about the 360's quality. From controllers breaking after virtually no time at all, to the red circle of doom. I personally have a friend whom got a game stuck in the tray. He just put the game in, and after some time he heard a noise and the game froze. He tried to open the tray, but it just wouldn't.

What quality problems have you experienced? Are the claims exaggerated?

i got the red ring.

pads are the best on the market though, and I've never had drive trouble other than being dumb and moving my machine about with a disc in

had mine for almost 2 years now, original pads and original console, no problems apart from the occaisonal crash

The controller that came with my console kept disconnecting due to the battery pack being loose but smashing it up the wall fixed that. The other one I have I use all the time and it's worked perfectly.

I've had the console 2 years now and had it replaced last February due to it crashing constantly (no RRoD). This one has worked fine so far.

I would say the worst of the problems are over and a bigger deal is made of any that break just because of the problems over the last 2 and a half years.

I love the 360 pad. The console itself is a piece of crap. Overheating, noisey as hell, disc read errors, ejecting errors etc.

Mine had disc read errors, refused to play DVDs-any DVD-but was fine playing games(till it got a disc read error), plus you can't easily back up the HDD i don't think. And did i mention it's fecking loud?! It's not an issue when you're playing games (unless it's a quiet game) but still, damn loud!

No console is problem free but the 360 is the shoddiest piece of hardware i've had since i got rid of my HP laptop for my mac. If you can live without fable 2, gears 2 and a couple of other games, the reliability of the PS3 is worth it. But all consoles can fuck up, the 360 just fucks up significantly more often than the Wii or PS3.

Had mine for seven months now. Only got minor problems such as the occasional disc error and the tray refusing to eject. The Wii is a more of a pain in the ass really, more often than not it takes several minutes before it plays a game or enter a channel. And the noise makes the 360 sound like a lullaby.

My old 360 had crashed once or twice had no problems since i got the elite, my wii and ps3 have also crashed so i think i'm one of the lucky ones....

Oh almost forgot! I had to have my wii replaced over 8 months as it just stopped working.... So in my experience the wii is my most unreliable console!

for me no probs yet...touch wood.

The only gripe for me right now is how loud the machine is. Its too fucking loud.

You're pretty much guaranteed to get the red ring at least once. I have, on my elite. But my controllers are fine, although the buttons used to get stuck but I think that was because they got grubby.

The Wii is a more of a pain in the ass really, more often than not it takes several minutes before it plays a game or enter a channel. And the noise makes the 360 sound like a lullaby.

Strange. My Wii is completely quiet, and starting channels and so on doesent take much time at all. Only complaint is that it often has trouble finding my router, although I haven't had that problem since i downloaded the latest update (last time before that I upgraded was like four months prior, so it's not necesserilly the latest one that fixed it).

I'm getting second thoughts on buying a 360. But I can't afford the PS3 (well, I can, but I'm not so wealthy that it would be worth my cash), so I'll just stick with my Wii. I haven't picked up Galaxy, Metroid or Brawl yet, so I'll invest my cash there instead.

I've had the RROD and two wireless controllers break on me.

As for the Wii I think launch Wiis are prone to the problem Tales is talking about. Mine is like that and I know a couple of people who have Wiis like that.

Had mine for seven months now. Only got minor problems such as the occasional disc error and the tray refusing to eject. The Wii is a more of a pain in the ass really, more often than not it takes several minutes before it plays a game or enter a channel. And the noise makes the 360 sound like a lullaby.

Definitely something wrong with your wii there...the 360 is about 99 times as loud as the Wii.

I've had the RROD and two wireless controllers break on me.

As for the Wii I think launch Wiis are prone to the problem Tales is talking about. Mine is like that and I know a couple of people who have Wiis like that.

So that might be why my Wii sometimes takes up to 10 minutes to start a game sometimes. That's an estimate though I usually unplug it via the plug when all I see is a black screen for 5 minutes. I remember once it took 4 unplugs for it to finally start a game.

As for my 360. I had mine over 2 years I think, maybe 3. Only had one fault with it that I had to send it back. Back when that epic grou of people played we'd lay till gone 1 in the morning and mine managed all those without making any noises. It managed to stay on for 12 hours whilst I played Eternal Sonata and some mulitplayer games with nintenchris one day. Then there was E3 where we left it in a Gear lobby. The 360 gets hot as soon as you turn it on nevermind with a disc in it.

None of my controllers have ever conked out on me. I just hate that the little rubber nibs wear away over time on the analogue sticks.

I'm getting second thoughts on buying a 360. But I can't afford the PS3 (well, I can, but I'm not so wealthy that it would be worth my cash), so I'll just stick with my Wii. I haven't picked up Galaxy, Metroid or Brawl yet, so I'll invest my cash there instead.

It is definatly worth getting another console with the wii, i am just spoiled and could afford to buy myself a 360 and a PS3. I wouldn't let the RROD problems put u off 2 much, it can be anoying if it happens (never happened to me) but at least microsoft give a 3 year warrenty against RROD and im hearing they are getting better at the time taken for a replacement/repaired one.

My Wii was also louder than my 360. I heared the Wii over the sound of my PC, I've never heard my 360 over the sound of my PC.

Anyway, I've never heard of any contoller problems with the 360 - the controllers are extremely well made and designed.

I've only had a few minot problems with my 360.

Iv had one break on me, they fixed it fast though. The controllers are a beast, never heard of anyone complaining about those.

The games make up for the shitty console imo.

My Wii does that start up crash too, rather annoying. Especially with Brawl since I have to go through the Freeloader malarkey every time.

Although I would say my 360 is louder than my Wii. But I've never had any RROD problems yet, having owned it over a year. A few disc read errors though.

Strange.

The Wii I have is the most quiet disk-based console I know of. If you pause certain games (No More Heroes is the only game I have that does this) make the console make a klicking sound when you pause at certain parts of certain missions which i find kind of annoying.

Has the quality gotten better over time on the 360?

The controller error was something I read about in a gaming mag a few months after the 360's launch.

I'm on my 4th (or 3rd) 360.

My girlfriends got my third (which is a little trooper, 100 hours on Katamari...) and i'm on my Elite which 16 months in is trouble-less.

Strange.

The Wii I have is the most quiet disk-based console I know of. If you pause certain games (No More Heroes is the only game I have that does this) make the console make a klicking sound when you pause at certain parts of certain missions which i find kind of annoying.

Has the quality gotten better over time on the 360?

The controller error was something I read about in a gaming mag a few months after the 360's launch.

As I said, I think the worst of it is over and a big deal is made of any that break now simply because it's 'that issue' again. Sort of like 'here's yet another one' when in reality it's down to a more acceptable number. PS3 is still a more reliable machine, but with the 3 year warranty on Xbox there's not really anything to worry about.

Strange.

The Wii I have is the most quiet disk-based console I know of.

Yeh, it's honestly shocking that people are saying their Wii is louder than their 360. The Wii is clearly a low spec console with barely a powerful fan to even produce a loud sound. The 360 has a massive power brick and when actually playing a game (not on the dashboard) the sound seems immense for both me and my friend. Maybe the Wii gets louder if the fans are blocked?

It's not louder, it makes this weird sound.

Like this:

You can easily ignore the 360, but not that.

That's quite strange...if I were you, maybe try get a replacement from Nintendo as it could get worse.

That's quite strange...if I were you, maybe try get a replacement from Nintendo as it could get worse.

I would advise the same. Mine is near silent.