NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Your Official Reactions to the Revolution Controller.

I've been noticing that there are many threads where people are explaining their own reactions to this controller. It's getting a little messy here, guys and gals.

So, i think it would be best if we kept it all in one place. This forum is hectic, and new threads are being created a bit too often for my liking.

So, here is your official reactions to the Controller thread! Post away.

Both positive and negative feedback are equally as welcome. But let's not turn this into a flaming war.

I think that controller looks a lot like a remote controller and that it's hard to control, I wanna play with that controller!!!, that's all I have to say ;)

I think its going to save videogames. I've been playin since I was 5 and honestly it is getting a bit stale. Thank god, buddha, satan who ever you worship for Nintendo. I can't wait to play StarFox on this thing!

I think the controller is as radical (too early to say revolutionary until it actually becomes industry standard) as Nintendo said and most of us said was impossible due to the nature of the internet - millions giving ideas and mockups, but they still out did us.\

Personally I'm extremely excited by this and has literally got me excited about home gaming again - I think it will produce some absolutely stunning games and create new genres. I love the idea of the add-ons and the possiblties with this, and also how nongamers will take to it.

The negatives could be that it could have the reverse affect of what nintendo expects - that it will be a lot easier to use, I personally think it could alienate people, I mean, if we didnt read loads about it, see the video would we really know what to do with it?

Also, the whole 3rd party issue - if they embrace it, port their games, creta new games, utilise its functions, then Nintendo really could go back to number one, if they dont then it will plant nintendo in 3rd place. Im fine with that, though it would be nice to get the best of both worlds without having to buy two consoles.

Personally, I think NIntendo will do it, make it work, it WILL become industry standard and they will rise in popularity.

The first thing that came into my mind when i saw it was "what can this thing do?"

As soon as i read what it was capable of, and after seeing the "famous" video, i was excited.

I saw it at first and thought "WTF!? THIS SUCKS!!" Then I downloaded the trailer and I was totaly amazed! Infact, the Revo has zoomed from last to first place in my most wanted consoles list. This thing is genius and deffinatley a revoultion like we were promised! These truly are exciting times! :D

For as long as I can remember now I’ve always been just a little bit disappointed with Nintendo’s hardware unveilings, (before absolutely loving them) but this time as soon as I saw it I had no such disappointment at all which is bizarre seeing as it’s such a radical change.

Seeing the video straight after the images though just confirmed it for me, it’s like the perfect controller, a combination of all of Nintendo’s previous pads rolled in to one with a new “twist†–sorry. But I’m so excited to discover this new way of playing games and I really do think that Nintendo is paving the way for how all games will be controlled in the future.

My only negative opinion towards the controller is an extremely minor one, and that is that the cable connecting the controllers looks a bit short…told you it was minor, I just think it would be better if it was completely wireless.

i've read some indie developers interview on the penny-arcade forums

they loved it

imagine eternal darkness, when you go insane, the controller gets inverted and stuff :o

personally i loveit, just thinking of whats possible with this thing, and they have people paid to do just that ;)

My first reaction was : "A REMOTE!! :shock: " But after seeing the video and reading some more about it I really think it will be great.

Okay, when I first looked at the pics yesterday morning I was like

"WTF!! That is ridiculous." and I was so disappointed. So I went to school, thinking aobut how shite it looked then I go home, watched the trailer and WOAH!! I FELL IN LOVE. I still watch that trailer over and over again and get so excited. It looks perfect and it could be the most fun piece of entertainment ever made.All I feel now is I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!! Roll on SSBR screens.

When I saw the pics I had no idea what you could possibly do with it, but when I saw the movie I got very excited. With that controller you will completely be sucked into the game. Instead of pressing a button you can do what you would do in real life! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

All I can say is that it looks amazing. I can't wait to feel how it works. Heh, for 36 hours I thought that the remote and the analog stick thingy was all there's to it (I got all dissappointed about not enough buttons and such), but when I read about the shell design like 10 minutes ago I can't stop but feeling hyped for the first time about Rev.

It's unique. I think it's the right direction for Nintendo to take. The pad would look at home on your coffee table next to your DVD and tv remotes, and because it's a non-threatening thing to hold people who might otherwise ignore gamepads could be willing to give it a go. After all, everyone uses remote controls, and the power button is right there - what would it hurt to give it a go?

I was one of many others who initially thought WTF , but after reading more about it and seeing the video , I soon came to realise the possibities for this thing are mind-blowing. Personally I cannot wait to get my mitts on this thing now.

Nintendo really need to show that video when it comes to marketing because I fear that many others will just see the controller and have similar initial reactions that many here seemed to have.

Honestly I'm still a bit confused... As my shity computer won't show the bloody trailer! AAAAargh!

I was like: WTF?

And I had to write an article about it for Moz La Punk in 15 minutes too, so I had to come off unbiased.

When I had everything on 'paper' though, I began to see the potential.

What has surprised me even more is how come no-one thought about this sooner even though I certainly did not foresee it. Maybe the technology just was not there.

It dawned on my earlier whilst my missus was messing around with Mario Kart . I noticed how much she was moving the controller to get around a corner instead of using the analogue stick , and I realised that quite a few gamers do this subconciously anyway.

Maybe Nintendo realised this and just expanded on the idea ( I am not criticising them either cos I love the idea).

For as long as I can remember now I’ve always been just a little bit disappointed with Nintendo’s hardware unveilings, (before absolutely loving them) but this time as soon as I saw it I had no such disappointment at all which is bizarre seeing as it’s such a radical change.

Seeing the video straight after the images though just confirmed it for me, it’s like the perfect controller, a combination of all of Nintendo’s previous pads rolled in to one with a new “twist†–sorry. But I’m so excited to discover this new way of playing games and I really do think that Nintendo is paving the way for how all games will be controlled in the future.

My only negative opinion towards the controller is an extremely minor one, and that is that the cable connecting the controllers looks a bit short…told you it was minor, I just think it would be better if it was completely wireless.

i HEAR its supposed to be eventually

however, look for a pic of iwata holding it above his head, it looks abotu as long as i'm going to need it, hell, if it were 2 pieces, i'd probably lose one anyway :S

Initially I was like WTF? Then i was like OMFG. Then I got it, and started wetting myself with excitment. And then my head exploded. All within the length of time the video took to play. Oh, yes indeed.

Yeah, I agree the boards are a little messy, it might be because of the Revo-Europe news section. Anyway, at first I didn't like it, I thought it was impratical, but later I came to my senses and realised it has huge potential. The fact that there is a normal controller is great, because not everygame can use motion sensors and stuff, but most games can gain a lot from using it. You might say that there are few buttons, but most of the buttons are used for actions that can be easily replaced by a movement. So, I think this will be totally awesome and I can't wait to try it out.

i HEAR its supposed to be eventually

however, look for a pic of iwata holding it above his head, it looks abotu as long as i'm going to need it, hell, if it were 2 pieces, i'd probably lose one anyway :S

Yeah good point.

I’ve got a feeling they might make the cable a little bit longer than the one on the prototype, plus as much as a completely wireless setup would rule I don’t think it’ll be feasible without having a serious impact on the battery life anyway.

Sign in to follow this