NEurope
khilafah

FIFA 09

Having played both demos I think Pro Evo is the much better footballing game (though Fifas package is way more impressive), I've decided not to get any football game though, as Fifa Wii is meant to be shit, and the next gen games just frustrate me after Pro Evo Wii, players don't run where I want them to, my players don't pass where I want them to etc. Feels like going backwards; so I'll stick with Pro Evo Wii and just wait for 09 next spring :(

Having played both demos I think Pro Evo is the much better footballing game (though Fifas package is way more impressive), I've decided not to get any football game though, as Fifa Wii is meant to be shit, and the next gen games just frustrate me after Pro Evo Wii, players don't run where I want them to, my players don't pass where I want them to etc. Feels like going backwards; so I'll stick with Pro Evo Wii and just wait for 09 next spring :(

I wonder how much they will improve things for the wii, as they are set to include classic controls so will they just have the pointer controls the same as last time around...and rest on their laurels.

my players don't pass where I want them to

Use the left analogue stick to aim the pass? Works on both PES and Fifa..

I wonder how much they will improve things for the wii, as they are set to include classic controls so will they just have the pointer controls the same as last time around...and rest on their laurels.

Thats the thing about the Wii version. I still 50/50 on the new version. Although the last game was great I just not sure on where they can take the Wii version in the future. Yeah they have added ML but I have played that for death already on the PS2 versions.

better A.I, online leagues, tournaments etc is what I want..

Thats the thing about the Wii version. I still 50/50 on the new version. Although the last game was great I just not sure on where they can take the Wii version in the future. Yeah they have added ML but I have played that for death already on the PS2 versions.

think you best play fifa then because konami seem very slow on the uptake for such things..

bah.. just played a good hours worth of the fifa demo again, and now im swaying back towards fifa. Seems that i prefer whichever one im used to at the time, lol! Fifa does offer a better overall package though, hmmmm. $10 more expensive here in ozland, though thats not really an issue.

Spose i should mention im playing the PC versions.

They are adding in CC support yeah, and also a wiimote and CC co-op play too. Also much improved AI, better shooting and defending. For me there's LOADS they can do with it.

Use the left analogue stick to aim the pass? Works on both PES and Fifa..

Do you mean the right stick? I'll give that a go (I actually did this a couple of times by accident when playing) but it's still not the same as pointing to EXACTLY where you want the ball to go :)

What can they add to the PS3/360 versions they CAN'T add to the Wii version? In theory?

Do you mean the right stick? I'll give that a go (I actually did this a couple of times by accident when playing) but it's still not the same as pointing to EXACTLY where you want the ball to go :)

I mean the left stick, the one you use to run and move players, when you press the pass button you aim the control stick in which direction you want it to go.

Obviously it won't compare to pointing exactly where it goes, but it should at least direct it to a player as long they're where you point your control stick.

I mean the left stick, the one you use to run and move players, when you press the pass button you aim the control stick in which direction you want it to go.

Obviously it won't compare to pointing exactly where it goes, but it should at least direct it to a player as long they're where you point your control stick.

Oh....sorry about that. I don't think I get you though, does the ball go where you push or does it pass to the person closest to the direction you're pushing?

do PC versions of FIFA allow for mods etc... like Pro Evo does?

no clue :)

A question though, what camera angle do you guys use in fifa, anything ive tried gives me motion sickness ><!

Oh....sorry about that. I don't think I get you though, does the ball go where you push or does it pass to the person closest to the direction you're pushing?

All depends on settings really, if you have passing on assisted then it will 'help' it go towards the person, if you have the game on manual, the ball will just go to that direction.

Its been like that in most football games for quite some time.

Great goal and against my 'favourite' local enemy :p

One thing though...HOW THE HELL do you you access videos you upload? I've no idea and have looked into it a few times. Must be missing something :(

I can log on as my EA ID but no videos I've uploaded are on the page there?!

I added the video widget on my profile page... only way I could do it.

Yeah, t'was a sweet tonk. I wish you could save to the HDD though. Why can't you?

Edit: What a farce. I scored 5 goals in that game and I ranked 3rd.

Last game Essien got 111% pass completion rate. 11/10 passes completed... not sure how. :p

11/10 lol. The ratg system is a bit of tosh at times like. PES always seems to be a bit more realistic with it's marks. Assists don't seem to be taken into consideration neither. Shame.

No saving to the HDD is a bit silly yeah. It would be great to save photos (ala wipeout HD)....could make some cracking bg's. With the upcoming firmware update I can dream. Maybe next year.

WOO! Got it to work. Cheers Daft!

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/887966 (SWP On the run, first time volley from a deep cross)

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/887500 (Screamer into the top corner from Hargreaves)

My Player went on a 10 game goal drought last night on "Be a pro" mode, But that ended when I got picked for the England squad to play a friendly against PR China where I scored 2 of the goals in a dominant 4-0 Victory.

Props to Dyson for a fucking hilarious game tonight. It was pretty much a fight on the pitch, but it was genius. I really need to get the hang of proper slide tackles...

Rofl, the game was utter class, it really was. 2-0 down until the 80th minute, where I score one, and then nab another one in the dying second forcing it to extra time. I get a penalty and take it to 3-2 in extra time, certain I'm going to win, only for Dan to equalize. Luckily I'm uber pro right, and managed to score to make the final score 4-3 to meeee. :D The game was full of so many hilarious moments though, many yellow/red cards were to be had!

Sorry I disappeared after it, one of my housemates appeared out of nowhere with a huge TV.

Props to Dyson for a fucking hilarious game tonight. It was pretty much a fight on the pitch, but it was genius. I really need to get the hang of proper slide tackles...

This game seems to think football is a non-contact sport. I've slide tackled got the ball and then the man, only for the ref to give a free kick and then card my player. It's a bit broken in that department.

This game seems to think football is a non-contact sport. I've slide tackled got the ball and then the man, only for the ref to give a free kick and then card my player. It's a bit broken in that department.
Don't you think a few wrong decisions make it more realistic despite a little frustrating?