NEurope
khilafah

FIFA 09

I also havent played a football game since 2002 (well, i played about 3 minutes of pes6). Downloaded the pc demo of fifa 09 last night, absolutely loving the potential of BAP mode :)

360 players, I've set up a Club and a League. The league password is mario, the name of the club is "N Europe Superstars" and the name of the league is just "N Europe", abbreviation NEuro I believe.

Go buy it.. you will not regret it

I havent played a football games for years but im loving this!

Well my brother went and picked it up for me, after I said I might get it. So I've got it now.

First impressions after a few exhibition matches is that it doesn't play as well as hoped. I think the gameplay from last years PES is still better. Through balls seem to always go to the player and so do passes. Shooting is quite good though, but tackling is quite poor.

I think I need a few more matches to adjust to the slow pace of the game too. I'm quite impressed with how many teams are on the game though.

Well my brother went and picked it up for me, after I said I might get it. So I've got it now.

First impressions after a few exhibition matches is that it doesn't play as well as hoped. I think the gameplay from last years PES is still better. Through balls seem to always go to the player and so do passes. Shooting is quite good though, but tackling is quite poor.

I think I need a few more matches to adjust to the slow pace of the game too. I'm quite impressed with how many teams are on the game though.

In advanced options put the gameplay to fast. Plays a lot more like PES then. Take some of the passing/shooting options from manual too and you'll find that FIFA has major depth to it. Seems FIFA plays the more "realistic" game these days...

Really enjoying be a pro mode. I'm playing as little Jack Wilshire.

Cheers for the tips tapedeck I'll try them out later.

Is Be a Pro as fantastic as everyone is saying?! I am so tempted to pick this up...wish the demo let you have one match playing on Be a Pro...

Is Be a Pro as fantastic as everyone is saying?! I am so tempted to pick this up...wish the demo let you have one match playing on Be a Pro...

It's the only feature worth buying the game for. Playing 'proper' matches are rubbish compared to PES. IMO of course.

I LOVE Be a Pro mode!!

On the demo change the camera to Be a Pro mode and imagine you're one man :p

Bringing your own character through the ranks is immense (as is playing as your favourite player from a team.) It's so immerisve when your down on the pitch and can hear players shouting "man on" and "to me".

Although the be a pro mode is fab, the "normal" game is still great fun :D

I was playing last night and as Craig Gordon went to kick the ball upfield in a crowded box (in a rush to counter attack), the Newcastle striker then nutted the ball out of his hands and away from Gordons boot before scoring a goal. Shiiiit!!!

Oh and if you change the commentary to Swedish or Italian it's MINT when you score. "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAALAAAAA"

It's too real :p

Oh and if you change the commentary to Swedish or Italian it's MINT when you score. "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAALAAAAA"

It's too real :p

The sad part about the English commentary is that, while he's a great commentator, Martin Tyler just can't act.

In the films he's been in, plus the ads and the games, he has never truly brought the emotion that he has when he commentates in real-life. Which is a shame.

Andy Gray's alright, because it's Andy Gray. But I wish that he would say "Take a bow, son!" or "You don't save those!" like he usually does.

I despise Andy Gray, I tend to listen to music then the commentary team.

Andy Gray's alright, because it's Andy Gray. But I wish that he would say "Take a bow, son!" or "You don't save those!" like he usually does.

A "What a hit!!" wouldn't have gone astray either. :heh:

Has anyone here got this and Pro Evo Wii? Can you tell me if it's as good or better. Pro Evo Wii is the best footy game ive played in years and I can't wait til Pro Evo 09 in Spring! I need a footy game to tide me over, and this is very tempting, but it'll frustrate me if it pales in comparison to Pro Evo Wii; I don't care about the modes (though they sound amazing), i want to know how the actually football game plays. I played the demo and it seems okay, not amazing; wondered how it holds up over time

That could prove to be handy, just need the free kick goal and the diving header one and I've got all the scoring based achievements.

edit -

Also for those like myself not quite up to playing as your rival to get the judas achievement, remember you can change your favourite team in the profile section. I set mine to Ipswich then beat them with Norwich, easy achievement. Now gonna slap it back to Arsenal.

Its just the diving headers im having a problem with. I know you have to hold LT and double tap X, but the keepers always save!

should be getting this in the post this week. As a total footie n00b, reckon I'll dig it?

Be A Pro is the equivalent to a Footy RPG...You may find yourself liking that facet more than the "traditional" aspects.

Be A Pro mode is immense, but I do wonder what team you'll play as. :wink:

There is also the manager mode, I haven't really tried that mode out yet. But give it a go, it might be rather good.

After trying both the pes and fifa09 demos, must say i much prefer the gameplay in PES.

Be a pro mode is alot of fun though :)

hmmm going to town in a sec must avoid the urge to buy this, just won't have enough time to play with bioshock out friday and then LBP...