NEurope
khilafah

FIFA 09

wow I thought the PES09 demo was awful :o it felt really .. robotic!

Wii and PS2 versions are the best mate..

First impressions of this are that it is pretty good. I can finally play as a licensed Aston Villa side in a decent football game, so it's all good. Shame there's no Villa Park...

They should release each of the Premier League grounds that aren't in the game as DLC.

Just bought it before work. Going to play it when I get home. Can't wait to try out the Be a Pro mode.

At last I'll be able to play at Stamford Bridge again.

Be a pro season is awesome. Even though I ended up in the first team only 5 games in...

Online 10 vs 10 is incredible. Runs so smothly and the voice chatting/votes to skip replays all work amazingly well :D

Shouting "SNAP HIM", hearing Europeans shouting "GOAAAALAAA!" and listening to people complain about not getting the ball when they are playing as Titus bramble has never been so fun!

Be a pro season is awesome. Even though I ended up in the first team only 5 games in...

Online 10 vs 10 is incredible. Runs so smothly and the voice chatting/votes to skip replays all work amazingly well :D

Shouting "SNAP HIM", hearing Europeans shouting "GOAAAALAAA!" and listening to people complain about not getting the ball when they are playing as Titus bramble has never been so fun!

HAHAHAHAHA

Theres only 1 Titus Bramble :laughing:

read some crazy impressions on 10 vs 10. Some games where people just run all over the place totally ignoring there positions. :)

If you can find other good players I bet 10 vs 10 is awesome. I also hear that the A.I in BAP is really good and do stuff without you having to be involved all the time..

There was a crazy amount of people queuing for this at work last night, before Halo 3 midnight launches at super markets were reserved for consoles and harry potter. What changed.

For once though I am being tempted bythe licence, Emirates Stadium looks so good.

The lines at ASDA last night were mad (where I work). This morning there were ppl wanting it too. (At 6am after finishing the night shifts). Last time this happened was Wii Fit...

BAP is pure immersive genius :D

I've played a few online games now and 10 vs 10 is akin to a 6yr olds football team. They all chase the ball thinking they are Maradonna. Played a few where everyone is in position and it's incredible. When ppl have headsets it's brilliant. The amount of bitching that goes on about teams is incredible :p

Last game I played some lad was in the lobby taking AGES to select "ready" so we all snapped him in the first few minutes. Was awesome...6 of us maiming him everytime he got on the ball lol.

edit: Must mention the game has crashed 4 times for me already. Well, just not "loaded" o was stuck on either a blank screen or on the pitch where it's meant to change to the in-game stadium....Keeping a tab on this.

Really liking it. I was worried being a ProEvo man since... well, I've never bought a FIFA game but it's just so much fun to play.

I have a couple problems.

There aren't any shot modifiers like in Pro Evo.

Free kicks suck.

Can you save replays? Not sure if you can.

When you score it's a bit.... 'meh' in terms of excitement.

Except for the free kicks, all fairly minor. I do want to save my replays and I don't mean upload them or whatever crap that is.

And seconded, BAP is brilliant. Got 100 rating as Lampard. :heh: You can actually play ProEvo 6 (I think it was 6) like this but the camera was too ridged.

Even scored a screamer from outside a box. Sadly I don't think my goals from just past half way (my ProEvo speciality) are going to work... :(

Well, my housemate bought this today for the 360, and we have been playing it for hours.

My opinion: It completely fucking owns. The controls are tight and the gameplay is really fluid. Actually, I'd say that this game has it all, gameplay, visuals, great commentary and backing soundtrack, a wealth of options, lots more. Imo, it's probably the best Fifa I've played to date.

Really, really enjoyed it. Can't wait to play more of it tomorrow. We were both in awe after the first game, in which I won with a golden goal, through Ribery (Bayern Munich vs Manchester United, he was united). Picked up the ball on my halfway line, and made a diagonal run from left to right (shooting to the left side of the pitch). Took on a few of his players, then brought the ball back to the left hand side, across his box, and slotted the ball over his charging keeper and into the bottom corner of the net.

Really was a stunner. I actually screamed the place down when it went in. Also, defending feels a lot better in this than in the last Pro Evo. It seems easier to take control of your players.

We both rated it in the 9's. Totally deserves it. My advice: Buy this game.

Is there any way to save goal replays (not uploading them) and how to not use the Addidas Live Season thing? I want Essien in my team. :heh:

So what is this Live Season stuff...is it paying for stuff that may have otherwise been in the game? I'm still weighing up whether or not to get this...

So what is this Live Season stuff...is it paying for stuff that may have otherwise been in the game? I'm still weighing up whether or not to get this...

Live season:

You get a code on the instruction manual for one free league. It's a great, great feature.

I played a bit of BAP last night, and it's great. Although I forgot about what I read in the manual that I have to call for the ball, so I spent a quarter of the match not getting the ball. (facepalm)

Yeah, I didn't realise there were different calls for the first game. Turned out I was just telling everyone to shoot. :heh:

I did take me a while to get used to. I was paying more attention to the ball, and because of that my player was running into the goal at one point.

But I got used to it, and went on to thrash FC Seoul 14-0.

Speaking of non-BAP: I like how Quick Match can have your team against your rivals (In my case; Villa Vs. Birmingham City). I never used Quick Match on FIFA '99 because it could only be Arsenal Vs. Man Utd. But that's what a 10-year gap will do. :smile:

Best Fifa in ages, this pisses all over Pro Evo imo!

Played a few games in BAP mode and I think its awesome. Possebon/Da Silva twins look awesome :D

BUT!

I got 2 Red Lights! :( Letting it cool down see what happens!

Best Fifa in ages, this pisses all over Pro Evo imo!

Played a few games in BAP mode and I think its awesome. Possebon/Da Silva twins look awesome :D

BUT!

I got 2 Red Lights! :( Letting it cool down see what happens!

GOd 360's are awful arent they?!? Rolle on the xbox 720!! Hope MS learn from their huge mistake.

I'm really tempted by this game. I might pick it up to be honest on the PS3; the Wii version has been completely deserted by EA which is a shame and there must only be one reason for it - it's shit!! So I may get this until PES 09 Wii comes out!!! I don't want to use a control pad to play football games anymore, but it looks like I may not have a choice!!!

The lines at ASDA last night were mad (where I work). This morning there were ppl wanting it too. (At 6am after finishing the night shifts). Last time this happened was Wii Fit...

Out of curiosity which version was selling the best. And how is the Wii version selling?

In the GAME i work in the 360 version is selling the best followed by PS3 and then PS2... I've only sold 1 Wii version and haven't seen anybody buy the PSP or DS versions

God 360's are awful arent they?!? Role on the xbox 720!! Hope MS learn from their huge mistake.

I'm really tempted by this game. I might pick it up to be honest on the PS3; the Wii version has been completely deserted by EA which is a shame and there must only be one reason for it - it's shit!! So I may get this until PES 09 Wii comes out!!! I don't want to use a control pad to play football games anymore, but it looks like I may not have a choice!!!

That's pretty much the reason I got the PS3 version as it was the only way I was going to get a community online aspect going. The Wii will have online but how many will be there? As with Tiger Woods, even though the game is far superior there are hardly any Wii gamers playing online. 1st party titles and shooters are generally different though. But I like my sports titles to be online.

In ASDA the 360 version was selling for fun. I sold 5 copies of the PS3 version when I was there though. In Gamestation the lads were saying "looks like this is all we are selling today, we'll probably shift a couple of PS3's too".

Still amazes me how big FIFA is...:confused: :p

In the GAME i work in the 360 version is selling the best followed by PS3 and then PS2... I've only sold 1 Wii version and haven't seen anybody buy the PSP or DS versions

you had much interest for Pro Evo or not?

Yeah, the odd few people come in saying they're holding out for pro evo because 'its a football players game'

Yeah, the odd few people come in saying they're holding out for pro evo because 'its a football players game'

Thats the way I'm feeling at the minute, but the darkside is ever so tempting.

Thats the way I'm feeling at the minute, but the darkside is ever so tempting.

Go buy it.. you will not regret it

I havent played a football games for years but im loving this!