NEurope
khilafah

FIFA 09

Whats this exclusive mode then? This might just sway me towards the PS3 version...

Read about it here

Although it's not a massive deal, I thought IGN would have mentioned it's in there. To hardcore footy players I would have thought that the integration of the Interactive FIFA World Cup was quite a coup.

Anyone know the cheapest place to pre-order this from for 360?

It's £39.99 on SoftUK and with a 15% off voucher (SOFTUK15) it costs £33.99. Has anyone found a better deal anywhere?

argos get load of sport games for £30 on release, might be worth checking there

As Skunky mentioned: Argos, it's £34.99 there. Cheapest you will probably see on the high street :)

Hmmm. Cheers for that guys, I think I might just risk it and wait til release day to find the cheapest price on the high street. Student discount might be handy on this one.

Hmmm. Cheers for that guys, I think I might just risk it and wait til release day to find the cheapest price on the high street. Student discount might be handy on this one.

I getteth the studential discout....what stores offer student discount? HMV? Game? Gamestation? Argos?

HMV, Zavvi, Game, some Gamestations do too. Don't think Argos do it though.

There may be others but thats all I can think of at the minute.

I wasn't in love with the demo, but it could be a goer. Just waiting to see how the Wii version holds up before deciding. This is certainly tempting. I just don't know if I can go back to pads after Pro Evo Wii; though I'm sure it'll only be a minor readjustment.

The review scores are certainly tempting me!

PS Though I don't like the change the players every week depending on real life form. Being a spurs fan I'll struggle to win any games :)

Although this is kind of Nintendo-centric, we have a feature up on the main site all about console football games for all those that love 'em.

HERE

Enjoy!

Although this is kind of Nintendo-centric, we have a feature up on the main site all about console football games for all those that love 'em.

HERE

Enjoy!

How did Sensible Soccer not make the list. That was like the best footy game ever in the early to mid 90's.

How did Sensible Soccer not make the list. That was like the best footy game ever in the early to mid 90's.

I concur, but on the SNES it was shite. :blank:

There's a truck load of titles tbh (Mia Hamm on the N64 etc...) but the FIFA/ISS/PES saga is far more interesting from a writers perspective than writing about OCEAN's management sim on the SNES and so forth ;)

Part 2 is later in the week...

EDIT:

FIFA 09 STADIUMS:

Looky HERE at all of the 360/PS3 stadiums...

^ Grr. Still no Villa Park on there! But Newcastle's and small poxy European grounds make the cut? That's bollocks!

Come on, lads. It's a FIFA 4-star rated stadium for fucks sake! :nono:

Heres some impressions from a guy off gamefaqs.

- Melbourne is statistically the best team in the Australian A-League :) (a big tick for accuracy)

- Matthew Kemp is statistically the worst player in Melbourne's starting XI (again, points for accuracy)

- Tottenham is rated four and a half stars (WTF?!?!) - can live updates edit a team's overall competance and rating?

- Stadiums have never looked better!!

- Australia's default "home" stadium vaguely looks like ANZ Stadium or even the Telstra Dome with the roof open

- It's amazing to think how we have played this game in the past without visible refs of linesmen - great addition

- Quicker players are actually able to outsprint sluggish defenders

- It's not as easy to score from crosses

- In the dying minutes of sudden death matches, the opposition keeper comes up the field for set pieces (amazing!!!!!)

- CPU makes intelligent substitution choices (ie. brings on strikers if chasing the game, defender if holding a lead)

- Referee often plays advantage and gives a yellow card for the tackle at the NEXT stoppage!! (as opposed to getting away with a bad tackle)

- Sadly it's still near impossible to score from free kicks

- Fatigue effect is still not severe enough - players can sprint for much of the game and be at about 40-45% capacity toward the end

- "Kids" by MGMT is in the soundtrack :)

MIDNIGHT LAUNCHES @ ASDA + TESCO...

At Asda it is £32.00 and at Tesco it's £29.72.

I won't be getting it at midnight, but I will be getting it tomorrow.

My first FIFA game in 10 years, it will be. :o

WTF is this Adidas live bullshit? I have to PAY to update player performance in game!?!?!?! 1600mp for the lot. EA thinks the average joe is gonna pay for this crap?

Got the game if its not noticable btw.

^ I read that it would be free for just one league for the one season. Is that not the case?

Yea you get a code for a league. But I want Serie A and other crap. Bullshit.

Aah, just as I thought.

It isn't really a problem for me, though. I'll probably just make do with the Premier League.

It also seems they have lost the liscences for a few clubs inc. palermo

Just picked up my copy of FIFA for the price above from Tesco! I'm going to give it a quick blast tonight then I'll have a full day of playing tomorrow! :)

Having played the PES demo earlier I can safely say it has won me over unfortunately. I was pretty set on buying this too!