NEurope
khilafah

FIFA 09

Pro Evo just edges ahead of FIFA in PSM3 reviews;

FIFA 09: 83%

The best FIFA yet, but EA are still a few goals short of the title.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009: 88%

Sterling footy action but the lack of new ideas is starting to grate.

Just from these little comments. I get the feeling that perhaps the magazine is slightly more forgiving when it comes to Pro Evo as they seem to accept it hasn't moved on for a while yet still give it a high score...

I am still weighing up whether to get this or not...Not sure if I will be able to put the hours in really...

Tbh I'm starting to tire of the PES footballing model. Once you've mastered a single version there is little else to adapt too. Perhaps PES '09 is a lot different though.

It's strange as 5-10 years ago I used to protect PES/ISS against those who thought it was terrible and that FIFA was THE footballing game to own. Yet now I feel like Konami are terribly archaic on both the presentation front, graphical front, audio front, and even though they've made strides getting the champions league involved in PES 09, the lack of major licences IS a determining factor to me now.

It never used to bother me but now that I can play championship teams/premier league games and a solid online game (all within a great footballing model on the pitch) the extra factors FIFA has is now a massive bonus to me.

PSM3 Gave PES 08 86% and FIFA 08 63% lol. Speaks volumes about where there preferences lie. They've always loved PES so them giving FIFA 09 83% is a massive pat on the back.

I really, reeeeally cannot see where all this love for Pro Evo comes from. I've played numerous editions of the game over the years, and in my opinion, the series has barely evolved. Fifa has always offered licenced teams, pretty sound visuals, good commentary, and the gameplay is now rivalling that of Pro Evo. At this current stage, the only editions of Pro Evo I would even consider purchasing would be for the Wii. I think the series has found a new spiritual home there. Its the way forward, and it'll help the series progress there.

But, at this moment in time, I really cannot think of a good reason to choose Pro Evo over Fifa.

Fun knowing everyone you play should be able to talk back to you cos they got a headset with there console, 360 it is! :heh:

Fun knowing everyone you play should be able to talk back to you cos they got a headset with there console, 360 it is! :heh:

Its just as easy to get a headset for PS3 more and more people are doing so every day...as good headsets are getting cheaper, so that point isn't valid to be honest...

Bah it doesnt matter either way, im sure if anyone picks it up on 360 or ps3 there will be plenty of people from the forums to play with :smile:

IGN UK Review

Quote:

8.0 Presentation

Menus are slick, but with so many they're a little cumbersome.

8.5 Graphics

Hardly an improvement, but still a step ahead of the opposition.

9.0 Sound

The commentary and crowd noises conspire together to create an authentic experience.

8.5 Gameplay

So exactingly realistic it can be off-putting and not without a few gripes, it's still the best FIFA yet.

9.0 Lasting Appeal

The Adidas Live Season will keep it fresh for the next 12 months, and the online modes are a triumph throughout.

8.9 Great Overall

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/913/913467p1.html

how can they moan it is too realistic!!

I think they're saying that in terms of entertainment, realism might not equal alot of fun. For example, in a shooting game, would you really want to die as soon as you got shot?:heh::smile:

would you really want to die as soon as you got shot?:heh::smile:

As long as it was an extra mode wit 200 g's, yer :D

I reckon im gonna get fifa, but wait till xmas, 08 can keep me happy till then, too much other good stuff coming out to spend £30 on this.

Although I can understand it, I hate the way IGN are cutting and pasting a lot of their PS3/360 reviews. For instance, the PS3 version of FIFA 09 has an exclusive mode which obviously goes under the radar as the IGN review is just a cut and paste job from the 360 one. Perhaps IGN haven't even reviewed the PS3 version and are just blagging it. I wanted to know about it that's all...

This has happened with other games too yet they used to have a box saying "PS3 editor or 360 editor" and their opinion yet they don't seem to do that anymore.

Kinda cheap imo. And dont get me started on their new design...