NEurope
darkjak

A few questions about the 360

Let's think about that.

Metal Gear Solid 4

LittleBigPlanet

Yep, that's all I can think about that I'd really want that's exclusive to the PS3.

Not a complete list of exclusives, but ones I am interested in.....

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Formula One CE

God of War 3

Grand Turismo 5 Prologue

Grand Turismo 5

Heavenly Sword

Killzone 3

Little Big Planet

Metal Gear Solid 4

Motor Storm

Motor Storm: Pacific Rift

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Resistance: Fall of Man

Resistance: Rise of Man

Ridge Racer 7

Tekken 6

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Warhawk

White Knight Story

Wipeout

Socom

Not a complete list of exclusives, but ones I am interested in.....

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Formula One CE

God of War 3

Grand Turismo 5 Prologue

Grand Turismo 5

Heavenly Sword

Killzone 3

Little Big Planet

Metal Gear Solid 4

Motor Storm

Motor Storm: Pacific Rift

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Resistance: Fall of Man

Resistance: Rise of Man

Ridge Racer 7

Tekken 6

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Warhawk

White Knight Story

Wipeout

Socom

Oh, consider my list amended.

What, no love for Gran Turismo or God of War?

Don't be an ass about it...that list has a lot of good games, probably none of which you have even played to pass judgement. I own some of those and they are really quite good.

I have all 3 consoles

Ps3 is my least played mainly because when a multi-format game (that I'm interested in) is released I almost always buy the 360 version first.

My wii is for the Nintendo and other exclusive games.

Ps3, well only reason I have it is because I got it for free. I was a massive Ps2 and Ps1 fan. Gamecube was my first Nintendo home console. I absolutely hated the original xbox so I don't believe I'm biased in any way but I have to say that the only games I have for the PS3 is Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and MGs4 and the only games I'm really looking forward to on the platform is Little big Planet and thats about it.

White Knight Story seem interesting, its caught my interest but need to wait for reviews.

If Nintendo manage to release an F-Zero game then there won't be much need for wipeout in my life but it depends on which gets released first. This might sound a bit daft to some people but not to me haha.

Anyway 360, great platform. You need to get Gears of War. Dare I say it but I think its better than Halo (yeah, I'm not a halo fan either. Xbox didn't convince me, neither has the 360 which is kinda weird considering I'm a massive fps fan.

Its late, I'm tired and I'm spending too much time in this thread lol

Not a GT fan, I had it on the PS1. PGR4 is much more my style.

Although I've never played God of War so don't care about it, I have heard good things. But of the games on the list he provided, only the ones I bolded are ones that I would definitely pick up.

Don't be an ass about it...that list has a lot of good games, probably none of which you have even played to pass judgement. I own some of those and they are really quite good.

Grow up - it was a list of games I would be interested in, not a list of games that are any good.

But then there are the fantastic PS3 exclusives that need thinking about.

It depends it you care about any of them. Out of the list posted above, all I want is Little Big Planet.

Well that list looks great to me, oh well, if it doesn't to you, then fine.

There is no need to start a arguement over which console has the better exclusive games. That list may be very good to u but not to other ppl. As Dyson said it is just his opinion so there is no need for people to agree. No-one has the same opinions.

Just accept what he is saying and don't get defensive over it.

Grow up - it was a list of games...

XD...you don't have the right to tell anyone to grow up. Not after your little fiasco the other night.

For me, the xbox has the better upcoming games as well as existing library. The PS3 doesn't really float my boat.....at all. The only game I wish I could play that is only available on PS3 is MGS4.

I've quite enjoyed playing the PS3 recently. PixelJunk Eden is excellent. I'm still not sure whether to get a Dual Shock pad for it before playing my other games.

Gran Turismo's great and all, but as far as I know, the big thing about GT5 will be that the game has very few cars out of the box, and that you have to download every single car you want against cash. Plus that it's uncertain how the handling will be. I remember GT and GT2, the cars behaved terribly there. I KNOW that Forza 2 is a great game.

And no, no love for God of War at all. It's just a hack and slash with goore, titties and epic looking graphics to attract the "mature audience" (in other words, fourteenyearolds that think they're too grown up to play Mario).

FFXIII is no longer PS3-exclusive, and it's just a matter of time before MGS4 comes out for other formats. May it be for the 360 in two years, may it be next gen.

The PS3 is overpriced, has too few good games (I've said that the Wii has a draught, but the PS3 is a joke).

I asked for what 360 version I should get because I'm interrested in the 360. Plus that I consider the PS3 controller uncomfortable, and a relic from the cold war.

Wii has a drought but PS3 is a joke? How does that work then? PS3 has plenty of games out this year to justify purchase whereas I have no clue what I'll be playing on my Wii ever again. I suppose finishing Boom Blox and Super Paper Mario. And then........

I would say Xbox has better games at the moment, but PS3 definitely has a better lineup.

There is also a lot of potential on PS3, games like MAG, Infamous - Thats on my 'to watch' list. And Naruto: Ninja storm are other games that could be big hits.

Then there is my favourite fighter - Tekken. Killzone and Resistance both look like they will be great shooters. GT and Motorstorm to quench the thirst for racing. Metal Gear Solid is just immense. Little Big Planet is looking to be highly innovative. Fallout 3 is coming to all consoles, but that should fit the bill for the RPG section. For action games there is the debatable God of War and the inevitable Uncharted Sequel.

Socom is also a good exclusive that will probably be huge online. Bioshock is also coming to PS3.

That not forgetting the PSN games which are just very fun.

All of these games appeal to me, and only 2 of these games or on 360, all of these influenced my decision in Ps3 purchase. This is the console for me, and I guess people like Dyson and Darkjak don't feel like these are awesome games, so that's why they got 360.

There is also a lot of potential on PS3, games like MAG, Infamous - Thats on my 'to watch' list. And Naruto: Ninja storm are other games that could be big hits.

Then there is my favourite fighter - Tekken. Killzone and Resistance both look like they will be great shooters. GT and Motorstorm to quench the thirst for racing. Metal Gear Solid is just immense. Little Big Planet is looking to be highly innovative. Fallout 3 is coming to all consoles, but that should fit the bill for the RPG section. For action games there is the debatable God of War and the inevitable Uncharted Sequel.

Socom is also a good exclusive that will probably be huge online. Bioshock is also coming to PS3.

All of these games appeal to me, and only 2 of these games or on 360, all of these influenced my decision in Ps3 purchase. This is the console for me, and I guess people like Dyson and Darkjak don't feel like these are awesome games, so that's why they got 360.

Couldn't help but notice u said the same thing twice. ;)

Sorry i copied and pasted it to the top bit cause it was in the wrong part, will edit.

Ok, for a second there i thought u were trying some kinda psycology trick, repeating the same thing more than once to stick in the mind...

I know, i think about things to much! lol

Sorry but I thought the OP was asking about the 360 and which model to get?

Well as the new 60gb is out soon and you haven't already bought your own 360 you could consider it. It is priced at £179 on Amazon and Play.com

Hope this helps in your decision :)

I've looked at it, and I've heard rumours that this new 60 GB version has better build quality (AKA, no red ring of d00m). Is this true?

i would personally wait for the 60gb premium version at the mo.

if you got money to burn thou grab the elite version

This thread is a good read :)

I personally picked up a PS3 on a whim really.

GTA IV was being hyped beyond anthing else in the world and I hadn't played Wii for around a month. Smash Bros had been and actually made me feel a bit underwhelmed (on import) and so I started questioning my sudden interest in the PS3. When my (at the time) fiance said "I'll go halves" I jumped at the chance. We got the GTA bundle and loved it. The movie playback (and a couple of Blu rays later) and I was delighted. Furthermore the multimedia functions have served me well and made the PS3 my front-room console of choice.

I then discovered delights like Uncharted (which I adored) and Ratchet and Clank. Suprises which, thanks to the Sony model, WILL see sequels (and in Ratchets case already have). This is a massive deal to me as having primarily owned Nintendo consoles in the past you're generally left waiting years for sequels. (Take Excitetruck against Motorstorm for instance.)

The multiplatform titles are also coming thick and fast now and the online facet is amazing (for free and in comparison to the cumbersome FC system employed on Wii).

Whatever console you pick these days, you're in for a treat. It's a great time to be a gamer. I still love Wii for the innovative titles which come along (Boom Blox took days of my life away) and titles like Wii Music/Resort actually wet my appetite for MORE social gaming. Meanwhile I'm getting my graphics/online fix from the PS3. Perfect.

Hi.

I'm thinking about buying an XB360, and I have a few questions.

First of all, which should I buy? I want a harddrive and a Wireless controller, but I don't need that much space. What else differs?.

I also wonder about XB Live. Do you have to pay every month to be able to be online, or do you pay to use voicechat, skip download ques and so on?

Depends on how much space you want. If you just want to play games and hardly download, then the 20gb version is right for you. If you want to download a few demo's etc and a few XBLA games then 60gb, but if you have the cash to splurge the 120gb version is there for you.

XBL, there are a few methods for payment. Either pick-up a gold membership card, or purchase online.

I own both a Wii and an X-Box 360 Elite (120gb version). Mainly because there are games i want for both formats and if i get bored playing one i mearly move on to the other.