NEurope
nekunando

PES 2009 Pro Evolution Soccer

PES 2009 played with the Classic Controller (this is the last video I will watch before getting it :heh:)

It looks just like regular Pro Evolution Soccer, which is cool :smile: ..it also illustrates that a closer camera will be available in this mode as it is not required to be as zoomed out as it needs to be for pointer controls :heh:

I played today 6-7 online matches which were completely Enjoyable.

All matches were almost lag free and i played with oponents form italy germany and spain.My connection is 8mbps and have to say that in pes2008 the lag was a big problem when playing with foreighners.Now the situation seems to be very good about online games but lets hope that will remain and after the oficial game launch.

The good is that there are some statistics that were absent in pes2008.So when you touch your mii in wfc you se basic information as your favorite team,records like your consecutive wins and losses and generally the number of wins draws and losses in free matches,rival and friend maches.

But the statistic that i think is very nice is a cool diagram which show you what element of the game you use and how much you use it..You will find your statistics about Average dribling distance ,avg shots taken,avg passes made,avg free- run distance(!!),avg bal possesion and avg fouls.This diagram also you can see it in random matches in the oponents statistics before the match..its useful and you can understand litlte of how he plays.Also you can see it on the rivals statistics.Before the mach begin there are prereset phrases like "Good luck" or "lets play with Club teams" etc..No chat unfortunately which is bad.There is also a match history aidtion.When you click on the match result against any oponent you can see this cool diagram of your random oponent too.

And as you have understood after matches you can invite your oponent to be added in your rival list or call him for a rematch immediatelly which is also a positive element.

So i think the online also has been imporved especially in terms of lag.The matches as i say was lag free but the final word about that will be after the oficial launch.

Have good games.

Edited by aenaos

I'm really liking the fact that you have the option to play it like regular pes when the fancy takes. Good video / nando /

I never played 2008, but the impressions from aenaos make 2009 sound brilliant.

To play it like regular pes will i be able to use a GC controller? or is it strictly the classic controller??....my money's on classic

To play it like regular pes will i be able to use a GC controller? or is it strictly the classic controller??....my money's on classic

No GC controller isnt compatible.You can play with a clasic controler or ..with wimote(only) horizontal.

Cheers aenaos.

I'll have to be purchasing me a classic control then

Does anyone know what the instore prices are for this in places like GAME, Gamestation, HMV etc. I've cancelled with Amazon and want to pick it up after work tomorrow. If it's £30 I'll get it, otherwise I'll wait for prices to drop. Cheers all. :)

what i ment was can you c opy ther option files onto sd card, for example we could do an update with all corr4ect names kitsc and then take them around to freinds houses , copy the save file onto their console so they get the updates too :)??? can u check plz

what i ment was can you c opy ther option files onto sd card, for example we could do an update with all corr4ect names kitsc and then take them around to freinds houses , copy the save file onto their console so they get the updates too :)??? can u check plz

I think that's what he linked to :) Purdy sweet, efharistó Aenaos!

Mine didn't arrive. I've been away in LA for a couple of weeks, was hoping to have Pro Evo waiting for me, instead I'll have to "make do" with Madworld.

PS Mario Kart WILL resume now!! I'm back here now, been a little...distant in 2009!!!

I'm in all weekend if you fancy it!

So is the game better than 08 in every way? Can you move players from different teams (or is it the same editing as Winning Eleven on the gamecube?)

I've not had a chance to delve into the options yet, all I've literally done is the tutorial for veterans of Pro Evo 2008, updated the squads through Wifi and jumped into playing a Champions League! It feels different yet familiar. The defending seems improved but I'm still getting used to the shooting. Sometimes I play a pass rather than shooting, lol.

Some questionable usage of the d-pad and 1 + 2 buttons. Its a bit of a reach to get to 1 + 2 to adjust the alignment of your team, whereas in 2008 it was more fluid to do that on the d-pad. Other than that, I've noticed some framerate issues but I won't hold that against the game!

Why have the moved alignment from the dpad? Whats on there now?

Also, there's squad updates through wifi? Thats great news! Is up completely upto date?

Can't wait til tomorrow now!

The d-pad (any direction) is used to try and intercept like Z was in 2008. Seems like a waste of buttons! 1 + 2 move the alignment of your team upfield or downfield, looks like you can no longer move them to be more focused on the left wing or the right wing now. As for updating squads dazzy, all you do is click Wifi then the download button! Keane to Spurs straight away!! :grin:

Just had one game with the / nando / online. Twas only 1-1 but we are both relearning the game... and we're both very impressed with it. All those reviews really didn't do it justice!

Your just making me want this even more darksnowman. :cry:

As soon as i'm back home (after the week end) this is a pur-chase.

I hope the Baggies are up to date :grin:

I have to wonder if the reviewers even spent any time with PES 2009 (they sure as hell haven't played PES 2008 in months..)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 is fantastic :yay: Everything is improved from last year and this was basically obvious straight from the tutorials of the new features at the start of the game!

If you have any doubts, please, just go and buy it :smile: In all honesty, there are basically 2 games in here.. Playmaker and Classic. Whatever method you choose it is the best football game I have played this generation (though that's not necessarily saying much as I don't really rate PES 2009 or FIFA 2009 on XBOX360/PS3 :heh:)

The addition of the Champions League really adds to the experience and there are more than enough improvements to upgrade if you already own PES 2008. Reviews that say otherwise are really not doing the game justice! I even had a good time playing with the Wii Remote only this morning (as my brother wanted to play Classic and we only have one Classic Controller)

I will say, however, that it is a good job Nintendo gave us the storage solution when they did! PES 2008 used 8 blocks but PES 2009 takes up 125! This is, of course, due to all the new modes and editing options available.. but if you have an SD card or plenty of room on your Wii console, there's no problem there :heh:

Edited by nekunando

Just bought this from tesco's... Not impressed with the visuals, very jaggy; they're not as bold as the Gamecube version of Pro and the camera options are limited to 2. The game funny enough looks so much better in action replay.

Apart from that, everything seems to be here and I can't wait to get stuck in. My God, that Uefa intro was mind-blowing almost tear-jerking. My 5 minute impression is that this is perfect, I just really REALLY wished the graphics were more polished. They look worst than PS2 versions.

I'm actually content with the visuals.. they look a bit better than PES 2008 and they do the job sufficiently (even if they won't blow anyone away :heh:)

When you fancy it, get your Friend Code up and we'll do battle : peace: (Playmaker or Classic style.. whatever you fancy :smile:)

I'm actually content with the visuals.. they look a bit better than PES 2008 and they do the job sufficiently (even if they won't blow anyone away :heh:)

When you fancy it, get your Friend Code up and we'll do battle : peace: (Playmaker or Classic style.. whatever you fancy :smile:)

Okay homes, I'll get that FC up. I play classic... and even though I am greatful for its inclusion, the classic controller is just not the most comfortable of pads. Its not contoured enough. But I like the controls nonetheless - the fact that i didn't have to look at a manual to know what button does what, its basically like playing on a Dual Shock.

As for the graphics, I just think better camera angles would have helped. It could just be framerate techy stuff, because the game looks so much better when it goes into replay.

HOWEVER! Enough whining... this game is brilliant. I just LOVE those formation screens LOL... And the music is classic. Really can't wait to get stuck in.

On a side note: im thinking other camera angles may be hidden gems.

Yup great game. Rubbish graphics. Brilliant you can send friend code requests throught he Wii ala mario Kart!!

Two things bug me though:

1. That you have to scroll through each team on Team Selection (you can't even go UP!!!)

2. The whistle sound effect is AWFUL!