NEurope
nekunando

PES 2009 Pro Evolution Soccer

I was going to wait before getting this (i'm spending far too much at the moment), but i think i'm gonna have to get it as soon as.

My wallet is beginning to hate my Wii. :smile:

To be honest, it's probably best to get this game early as you'll likely get much more play out of it (particularly because there should hopefully be plenty of online games available with people on N-Europe :heh:)

Anyway.. just saw a short video with snow falling and it looked much nicer than the snow in PES 2008.. very pretty :heh:

A lot of IGN's reviews have been very rushed as of late. I know there are a bazillion Wii games coming out every month but it's no secret they were clearly caught short in the staffing stakes on the Nintendo channel there. And I think that their reviews have taken a hit. Obviously just my opinion.

They probably just see this as some 'soccer' game too...

Defo. They've also been skimping on the Video reviews for the Wii, and what they do put up are no way as good as the Gametrailers reviews.

Great video and written review over at http://www.winningelevenblog.com. Highly recommend watching it. I'm glad the reviews are popping up now, hoping GameCentral do so too.

I enjoyed looking through the menu screens in this video.. and on their forum, I have just read that the update has become available for bringing the squads up to date :smile:

I assume this will be in place for the European release this friday :yay:

I'm picking this up after work on Friday, hoping to get £5 for exchanging in PES2008.

How do we get the update Nando? Oh and you up for a few matches next weekend?

..definitely :heh: I hope it makes it my way before friday though.. that would be very nice :yay:

6170313m.jpg

The Nintendo WFC page in-game has a download option for acquiring new data, but there's nothing available at the time of writing.

EuroGamer Review

And as I said, on the Winning Eleven Blog forum this was mentioned:

There was an update released tonight so that the squads are up to date. Brilliant!

Just read a few comments on that site. wow, it sounds brilliant.

They are all comparing it to PES6 which is/was easily the best version.

I picked the game today.(nice and speedy local helllenic/greek shops bring games 2-3 days before)

I am Excited about it.Honest speaking.

This game is the most Adictive football game i Have ever played in terms of the Gameplay and the way you can create Football.So is also the most Creative Football Experience.The last game that was adictive for me was the underestimeted "DisasterDay of Crisis".

The comment about pes6 on pc is right..I till this day thought that pes 6 is the best soccer game ever but pes 2009 for wii is in another level.

Pes 2008 for wii was a revolutionary game but with some wrong strokes in the gameplay that made this game not so Addictive as its revolutionary existence promised to be..

(1st improvement that made me Excited.)

THe way you defending was one of these..ALways when the oponent was made ofence you had in mind "oh shit" now he will drible 2-3 defenders with on of his players and he will easily score..I played some hours today and have to say that the whole gameplay is improved and especially the way you steal balls in defence..I found my self easily to steal balls and i play from the start to the hardest mode(in pes2208 i was just an average to good player,not something more or less).You can control one defender when..usually the one who is closest to the ball ..That plus the fact you can just click the d-pad button to call a defender to go in front of the attakcer first and steal the ball, are the two things that help me a lot in terms of defending in pes09.have to say that in pes2008 for the Wii was almost rare to steal a ball from an attacker in the way i wanted..most times in 2008 the stealing the balls was random..But have to say tha generally the defending system continues to have a Team spirit but Its improvement 1)Make SENSE and 2) Is Usefull 3) Helps you to enjoy the game more.

(2nd improvement that made me excited.)

I have to say that the move "one two" is maybe my favourite in terms of ofencive game and in pes2008 i tired to master it but never did it!i dotn know maybe was my fault or missunderstanding or maybe was justuncomfortabel the way that you didso,so after some time i just stop to try the "one two move".One of the first things that is in Advance tutorials is the "One two" move and the Give and Go".I focused on the 'One two" and have to say after make the tutorials some tiems and test it a lot in matches i feel tha i got it and now i cn use it and to improve it after some matches.Its clearly for me now how it works somthing that wasnt in pes 2008 as i said.ANd its very useful and makes your game more creative and beautiful.

(3rd Improvement that make me not exactly excited but anxious to train and put this new characteristic in my way of playing)

The shot also expept of the almost random nuncuk shoot have improved by adding the ability to send your shoot in the point of the post you want by pointing the wiimote and click the B..Have to say that its usefull and add makes the game even more realistic but needs some time and training to understand the way it works.Its good,it feels ok but needs also training.So when i am near the golakeper ready to shoot i dont prefer the nuncuk quik shoot but i try to use the Pointing shoot..Some times works some times no buts as i said its matter of training and you can feel it.You can use the pointing shoot when you are little outside or inside the box.

I dont have played any other modes(online,master league etc). played some friendly and league games and make soem training.Also have to say the advace tutorials are neccecery for players who have played pes 2008.

Generally i Felt the Improvement in terms of Gameplay and want to repeat that in my way of play/view this improvement makes Sense and makes Pes2009 the most Addictive soccer game i have ever played.Also i have pes2009 for pc.They are completely diferent games in terms of category and quality.Pes2009 for wii is much more Realistic and much more quality as a game.

Edited by aenaos

Cheers for the impressions :) Quick question which may seem a little silly, but can you still control your player on the ball with the control stick on the nunchuck?

Cheers for the impressions :) Quick question which may seem a little silly, but can you still control your player on the ball with the control stick on the nunchuck?

haha is this a "trap" question or something? hehe yes of course you can lol

Thanks for your impressions dude! Kalispera by the way ;)

Kalispera! ;)

Ah ok thanks, it's just that in the videos I've seen. It gave the impression that people have controlled the players on the ball by pointing the cursor at a place on the field instead.

Ah ok thanks, it's just that in the videos I've seen. It gave the impression that people have controlled the players on the ball by pointing the cursor at a place on the field instead.

Hey.. just to clarify in case it wasn't quite clear, if movement is the same as last year (which I assume it is..) you can control the player with the ball with the Control Stick (much like the 'traditional' games) but for sprinting you will be required to point at the screen and drag the player around or set him on his way while you manipulate the rest of your players into good positions :yay:

I apologise if you already knew this, but considering you never got to try the fantastic PES 2008 I figured that you maybe didn't know as I'm not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere :heh:

can anyone please tell me , can you copy saved option files , so we can update the kits ect and share with each other? say onto sd cards?

anyone who has it early can u check :)?

thanks

Edited by yesteryeargames

Hopefully I will be able to tell you tomorrow as GAME have sent an email this morning to saw that Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 has been posted :yay:

F***ing Amazon. It hasn't been despatched yet, and it looks like I won't get it for the launch day. I'm really annoyed. They're estimating 31st March to 2nd April! Last time I pick them for a pre-order.

..did you got for the free postage, K-project? If that's the case, I'm not surprised Amazon are making you wait for it :sad:

It was £29.99 on GAME and you get £1.60 in Reward Card points.. and I almost expect it to arrive tomorrow, a day early :heh: ..I hope it comes as soon as possible for you dude, and I look forward to getting some games online : peace:

I did go for free postage yeah. I didn't know they would make me wait if I pre-ordered it! Free delivery is available everywhere else from places like Play.com and The Hut, and they'd get it to me in time. I'm a bit annoyed about it tbh, and nearly cancelled the thing ten minutes ago to buy it from a store at launch.

Ah well. At least I know to avoid Amazon in future. :angry::cry:

Have just had a blow out on a new guitar so will be waiting a while to buy this one I think. Looking forwards to seeing the reviews - really enjoyed the 08 game.

On the current evidence, I wouldn't be looking forward to the reviews.. they've all been useless so far :heh:

I'm sure there will be some better impressions on here when a few of us get our hands on the game in the next day or two :smile:

Edited by nekunando

A little (maybe a lot) off topic, but what guitar did you get Gekko??

I've decided that i'm going to wait a week or so before getting this as i don't have the time to play it this weekend.

I know i'm gonna end up regretting this decision the minute i get online and have my ass handed to me. especially having not owned 08 :hmm:

The review has already been posted, dude.. and they can say all they like because FIFA09 isn't anywhere near as good as it's cracked up to be and I don't really enjoy it :hmm: I fully expect to get much more fun from PES 2009 on the Wii and, if you're getting it this year khilafah, we'll be able to play online as I don't believe it is region specific :smile:

The review has already been posted, dude.. and they can say all they like because FIFA09 isn't anywhere near as good as it's cracked up to be and I don't really enjoy it :hmm: I fully expect to get much more fun from PES 2009 on the Wii and, if you're getting it this year khilafah, we'll be able to play online as I don't believe it is region specific :smile:

mmm i still kinda debating if I am gonna get this years version. I like the Wii 2008 version and thought it was great but i never really played it as much I thought I would. 2009 is not out in Japan till 14th May which is very strange! If it is not region specific when it comes to online play then thats great!!