NEurope
Slaggis

Well That Was...Odd!

Yes, this is another dreams thread. But, I hear constantly of people being told that they can't revive a thread thats pretty old so I made a new one. Instead of just normal dreams, post in this thread weird, down right odd or dreams/nightmares that have really freaked you out. I'm talking dreams where you wake up and just think "Well, that was...odd".

I had an extremely violent dream last night. I'm talking meat cleaver violent here. In a strange twist, I was the one with the meat cleaver. I was just going round, killing all these random people in this strange place and it was so amazingly violent. I was "Ghostface", from Scream. I woke up with my bed covers everywhere but on my bed, and I was a little bit freaked yet rather intrigued as to why I had the dream in the first place.

I thought dreams were your brain finishing off unfinished thoughts that you had had during the day, completing a thought process. But I don't remember thinking at any point "Hmm, what would it be like if I killed all these people with a meat cleaver?".

Usually, I can link the dream I have to thoughts the previous day. I mean the night before I had a dream that I can link to a thought I was having that day, but it was a little...sexy, so I won't go into it. :p

I had a strange dream the other day. Some foreign nation was attacking the UK with airships (yes, like Bowser's airships) with a modified Swastika emblazoned on the underside. The news reports were incredibly detailed for a dream, and the airships were firing lasers that look like the proton beams from Ghostbusters. Strange thing was, no one would tell me who the hell was attacking the UK. ;[

My dreams are always very odd. The main thing about all of them is that they never include any real locations, just brand new versions of places with some stunning architecture and designs. If only I was good at art...

The other night, I had a dream that Richard Dawkins bought me a pair of goggles.

my dream was odd a couple of nights ago.

i was in america, got on the wrong bus, then a tonn of nukes went off. the bus began to fall and i blacked out, while trying to keep my brain working so i didnt get in a coma.

woke up on a beach, two guys greeted me, relived i was alive. checked i had arms, legs and quickly looked down to my croch, the guys laghed and told me not to worry, i was in one piece. the island was a survivor colony, and had a swimming pool. i offered my service as a psychologist, excited that i had a use for my degree. then i woke up

Haha, I love the one about Hawkins buing you goggles, thats pretty awesome.

But seriously, do you think you can actually pull a meaning from some of the dreams you have, or are they just completely random thoughts?

Last night I dreamt

That somebody loved me.

No hope, no harm,

Just another false alarm.

But seriously nothing of note to report of recently.

Last night I dreamt

That somebody loved me.

No hope, no harm,

Just another false alarm.

But seriously nothing of note to report of recently.

It was me. I love you.

Haha, I love the one about Hawkins buing you goggles, thats pretty awesome.

But seriously, do you think you can actually pull a meaning from some of the dreams you have, or are they just completely random thoughts?

It's human nature to try and seek meaning in pretty much everything we do in order to understand and essentially justify our existence. That said, I don't think it is necessarily healthy to try and reason all of your dreams.

I have a fairly frequent dream that, without going into to detail, is about me trying to find a particular person. They either A) outrun me and I loose their trail, or B) I'm held back against my will and they leave while I'm trapped.

And I know exactly why I have this dream but the others, which I rarely remember, are normally completely strange and seem to make no sense.

And then I fixate on them and try to work out the meaning behind it all which involves even stranger thoughts that perhaps would have been better left alone.

Quite often I dream up some awesome poetry, utterly convinced that I'll remember it in the morning - then I wake up, turn on the pooter and all I can remember is "drop me back into the sea / I want to spend some more time with me / Oh, how I'd promise not to drown; / I'd float alone, atop my dreams," except in my dream it was way more awesome and full of cools. Honest.

I've had several quite disturbing dreams lately, almost like premonitions.They've had such strong groundings in reality too, which makes them all the more disturbing. It's always the same, a person I know, and care deeply about, is always very sickly, and she has an incurable disease in real life (MS in case you're wondering), and whenever I try to get people to help her all they're interested in is this other person I know. The worrying thing is this other person has become something of a favourite in certain circles we all mix in, and lots of people won't hear a bad word said about them., and this group of people are all set to move in to a large house together, very similar to the venue of my dreams. I'm not saying I'm psychic or anything, but dreams have been known to come true.

I've had several quite disturbing dreams lately, almost like premonitions.They've had such strong groundings in reality too, which makes them all the more disturbing. It's always the same, a person I know, and care deeply about, is always very sickly, and she has an incurable disease in real life (MS in case you're wondering), and whenever I try to get people to help her all they're interested in is this other person I know. The worrying thing is this other person has become something of a favourite in certain circles we all mix in, and lots of people won't hear a bad word said about them., and this group of people are all set to move in to a large house together, very similar to the venue of my dreams. I'm not saying I'm psychic or anything, but dreams have been known to come true.

Hang on, to me it sounds like the dreams merely reflects what happens in your life. Did you have these dreams before you knew of the real-life events?

Last night i had a dream that i bought a car (which i now have bought) and i was at school but i couldn't remember where i'd parked it. I looked at the key and there was a button to set the horn off, so i pressed it and followed the beeping untill i found the car. Very strange.

I recently dreamt that I started school again, and I was happy to be back, but the school's interior had completely changed, so I was lost. But I was still happy. Guess that means I'm looking forward to come back, though I don't know if the changed interior means anything.

I hardly ever remember my dreams. Sometimes I will awake from one and remember it, and think to myself "I'll tell the gf about that one" then I won't remember it later on. That happens all the time. I can't remember the last time I remembered an entire dream =/

One that i have repeatedly though (which i always remember) is I'll be driving down a hill up to a stop sign and someone dear to me will be in the passanger seat. Its sometimes my gf, family members, good friends.. anyways i go to brake for the stop sign. No brakes. Truck. Last thing i see before i wake up is the passengers face with a look of terror.

Worst fucking dream in the world.

I recently dreamt that I started school again, and I was happy to be back, but the school's interior had completely changed, so I was lost. But I was still happy. Guess that means I'm looking forward to come back, though I don't know if the changed interior means anything.

U just reminded me of a dream I have alot, the details are always scetchy, but I'll be either at uni or high school and I'll have an exam due in the next day which I haven't started. Or due that day which I didn't know about. I wake up freaking out thinking, SHIT better get to the library. Takes me a few seconds to come to my senses, 'Jim u dipshit u've been out of uni for like 4 years now'. haha.

My dreams are... abnormally normal. For example, one of them consisted of going for a perfectly normal haircut. Another was logging onto MSN.

Although, I did have a rather odd one recently, which consisted of being in Monty Python and The Holy Grail and running away from the French firing farm animals at me.

A few nights ago, I had a dream that was one of those long storylike ones. Only one, very strange, bit remains though. I was making out with Adele. As in the singer.

Now, I have no idea what that would be. I knoe one of her songs in passing, don't find her attractive in any way, and haven't talked about her, in, like, ages.

So that was a bit weird.

Then last night, I had some horrific dream about my exam results, which just made me sad, as I know they're going to be awful.

Ah, man, death dreams are always the suckiest. Driving a carful of your loved ones straight into a truck is a sure-fire way to wake up quick in the morning.

Hang on, to me it sounds like the dreams merely reflects what happens in your life. Did you have these dreams before you knew of the real-life events?

Yep, the dream preceded real life events.

Yep, the dream preceded real life events.

Now, then, THAT's freaky!

I often dream very weird and meaningless stuff. The funny thing is, just when you wake up, the dream is quite clear in your mind, but I've found that dreams disappear quicker from your memory than normal thoughts, probably because they originated in your subconsciousness.

I dreamed I was in a compound (though more like a uni dorm) wich was run by Adolf Hitler. That was weird. I got to talk to him and he shouted at me. Then I joined an underground organisation which sat around and ate lunch in a secret room.

I love weird dreams like this. If I don't dream I feel like the night's been wasted. When I do it's like I've seen a movie or something.

I had a weird dream a few days ago i was standing on top a shoping center in cambridge looking over it i could see dead bodys everywhere. The thing that made it strange is that i dont live in Cambridge i live in a village outside of Cambridge

I had a weird dream a few days ago i was standing on top a shoping center in cambridge looking over it i could see dead bodys everywhere. The thing that made it strange is that i dont live in Cambridge i live in a village outside of Cambridge

Grand Arcade/Lion Yard or the Grafton centre? Either way, it's not really that odd to dream of a town you know... I think on the whole, dreams involving death and so on tend to mean very little.

I had a weird one a few weeks ago. I was taking a train through some country in south america and then the train got stopped by guerillas (the criminal kind) and then my friends (who were traveling with me) and I were enlisted into the guerillas while they killed everyone else on the train (talk about luck). Anyway, that night we managed to escape with a bunch of chicks who were being held as prisoners.