NEurope
Sprout

The Official Fire Emblem Thread

tumblr_kxwl5duPyN1qzeknio1_500.jpg

Its kind of hard to decide where to put this thread since the Fire Emblem series has been on Consoles and handhelds alike. So move the thread elsewhere if you think its necessary.

Basically this is the thread to go to for anything Fire Emblem related. Whether its talking about the old, Japanese exclusive games (that will hopefully come to Revolution), saying how much you love the handheld games (and soon the Gamecube version), or just bragging about how good you are with Roy on Super Smash Bros Melee, it all goes here.

Find Revo Europe's awesome Fire Emblem Coverage here

Edited by Sprout

So who else is buying Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance in November?

Me definately. Some people predict it may get AAA at Gamespot/IGN. I've never played a FE before but am willing to try this.

So who else is buying Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance in November?

I'll be getting this and Sacred Stones. Its conveniant that they're both released on the same day (4th November 2005).

I've never played a Fire Emblem game either, but may give this one a go when it's released.

It's a shame that Roy and/or Marth do not feature in it because they are who i associate with the series (because of Smash Bros.)!!

How does the Fire Emblem story work? I believe Marth is in FE 3,5 and Roy in FE 4, is that at all right?

Have they never met in the series?

Who are the series main characters?

I've never played a Fire Emblem game either, but may give this one a go when it's released.

It's a shame that Roy and/or Marth do not feature in it because they are who i associate with the series (because of Smash Bros.)!!

How does the Fire Emblem story work? I believe Marth is in FE 3,5 and Roy in FE 4, is that at all right?

Have they never met in the series?

Who are the series main characters?

Marth stars in Fire Emblem 1 and 3, while Roy stars in Fire Emblem 6 (plus gets a brief mention in Fire mblem 7). The two characters are from different worlds, so they have never met eachother.

The Fire Emblem story can be confusing, because, like the Final Fantasy series sometimes they take the series to different worlds. I'll try to explain the best I can.

Fire Emblem 1 and 3 take place in Akanea and Fire Emblem 2 takes place in Valencia

Fire Emblem 1 (The Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light) is the first in the series. It stars Marth.

Fire Emblem 2 (Side-Story) is a side story to Fire Emblem 1. It stars Alm and Celica. This game is also considered to be the Zelda II of the family.

Fire Emblem 3 (Mystery of the Emblem) not only contains the sequal to Fire Emblem 1, but has a remade Fire Emblem 1 too. Marth stars as the main character for this one.

Fire Emblem 4 and 5 takes place in the continent of Jugdral

Fire Emblem 4 (Genealogy of the Holy War) is the first in this new world. It stars Sigurd and Selis.

Fire Emblem 5 (Thracia 776) takes place inbetween chapters five and six of Fire Emblem 4. It also overlaps a bit with chapter 7 and ends where Chapter 8 of Fire Emblem 4 begins. It stars Leaf

Fire Emblem 6 and 7 takes place in the continent of Elibe, which is in no way related to the worlds in any of the previous Fire Emblems.

Fire Emblem 6 (Sword of Seals) is the first in this new world. It stars Roy.

Fire Emblem 7 (Blazing Sword) is the prequel to Fire Emblem 6. It stars Lyn, Eliwood (father of Roy) and Hector.

Fire Emblem 8 takes place in the continent of Magvel

Fire Emblem 8 (Sacred Stones) is the first in this new world. It stars Eirika and Ephraim.

Fire Emblem GC (Path of Radiance) takes place in the land of Tellius.

Hope that helps a bit.

Marth stars in Fire Emblem 1 and 3, while Roy stars in Fire Emblem 6 (plus gets a brief mention in Fire mblem 7). The two characters are from different worlds, so they have never met eachother.

The Fire Emblem story can be confusing, because, like the Final Fantasy series sometimes they take the series to different worlds. I'll try to explain the best I can.

Hope that helps a bit.

That was GREAT! well done Sprout and Thanks, it did a great job of explaining the story to me!

Wow i feel i've caught up with Fire Emblem from that!

I guess Fire Emblem 3 (FE 1 & 3), and Fire Emblem 6 and 7 would be the best to get them for Roy and Marth.

Is there one FE game considered to be the best?

Also, who stars in 'The of Radiance' ?

I've got an import version of FE7, awesome game I love it. I won't be getting 8 though, I've heard in comparison to 7 its not as good, and is basically the same game.

I am very interested in the Cube game and I definitely will be buying it.

Played a few of the other FE's and I highly recommend 7 to anyone who has never played it before.

I will be purchasing this as well, seems a real tatical game. I loved the advance wars series on the GBA and this seems just as tatical.

That was GREAT! well done Sprout and Thanks, it did a great job of explaining the story to me!

Wow i feel i've caught up with Fire Emblem from that!

I guess Fire Emblem 3 (FE 1 & 3), and Fire Emblem 6 and 7 would be the best to get them for Roy and Marth.

Is there one FE game considered to be the best?

Also, who stars in 'The of Radiance' ?

Chances are that we may see Fire Emblem 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 as downloadable games on the Revolution, so I wouldn't try getting Fire Emblem 3 just yet, since Japanese is the only language you can play it in right now. Fire Emblem 6 however, is a GBA game, so you most likely won't be able to see it as a downloadable game for Revolution. Roy seems to be stuck in Japan only for now (minus his brief mention in Fire Emblem 7)

Apparently, Fire Emblem 4 (Genealogy of the Holy War) is the best game of the series, plus the most imported. But I'm sure you'll find them all to be thoroughly enjoyable :).

I'm not too sure about this, but the star of Fire Emblem 9 (Path of Radience) is called Ike.

Woah sprouty has teh fire emblem knowledge :heh:

Yes, yes I do :happy:.

EDIT: Thanks for stickying the thread.

EDIT: Thanks for stickying the thread.

You're welcome. :heh:

If i do get around to getting this, it'll be the first Fire Emblem game i've ever played. I think Super Smash Bros.Melee did a lot of help for the series because it introduced newer gamers to the likes of Marth and Roy.

Chances are that we may see Fire Emblem 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 as downloadable games on the Revolution,

Very true!! had forgotten about that possibility;

The Revs SO great isn't it; i don't think Nintendo could give us much more!!

Loved playing the first English one for the GBA and enjoyed Sacred Stones as well. I hope that they will bring out remakes of the other games on to the DS or something.

I'm getting the Cube version when it's finally out. I'd be mad to miss out on a cool strategy RPG.

I had a chance to get that new Fire Emblem for GBA (but I didnt know it was import cause it was rigth there on the shelves) but yeah when I went and get it someone else beat me to it. 0_0

I'm very eager to try these games though still, especially the cube one looks promissing.

And if I can get my hands on either GBA version ARGHHH n_n;;;

--Ray

What is Fire Emblem about exactly?

It is a popular strategy and role-playing video game franchise, developed by Intelligent Systems, and published by Nintendo. It is from the developers of Advance Wars.

Command a fantastic army of heroes in this turn-based strategy battle! After many years, the rightful heir to the throne of Rikea has been found. Now, she must be defended against usurpers and assassins as she makes her way to her homeland. Take control of an army of loyal soldiers, but use them wisely. Each of your soldiers possesses unique skills, but if they fall in battle, they're lost forever. Test your skills as a military strategist as you guide your forces into battle. Strike from above with your Pegasus knights, or guide your armored footmen in close combat. You'll need to gauge your enemy wisely and use the terrain to your advantage as you fight across hostile lands and restore the lost heir to her birthright. With dozens of soldiers, weapons, and magic spells at your command, you'll have everything you need to dominate the field of war. in that game).

A truely fantastic game, even when yo ulose you keep turning it back on a doing it again. I must've lost a battle five times and kept on doing it again. It is that addictive. A nice brain engager :bow:

Intelligent Systems are fast becoming one of my favourite developers. Paper Mario: Tttyd and the Advance Wars games are so fantastic that the thought of being the same developer of them alone makes me want Path of Radiance. I'm a massive fan of RPGs, and I'm a big fan of Advance Wars, so logically I should like it, but i have that worry that for some reason I won't

I've played fire emblem on gba, the one with hector and eliwood and i finished the sacred stones a few months ago. sacred stones was fun but it didn't have enough side quests. But i like the tower of valni and the lagdou ruins training spots. I welcome the fact that we're able to train characters as much as we like in sacred stones.

I hope they put something like the lagdou ruins in the path of radiance for GC because i'd hate to advance through the game with some characters really high and some really low. I like to keep it all even.

Anyways, i'll be damn sure to check out Path Of Radiance when it comes out in Australia.

Have just fully completed Fire Emblem 7 :happy:. Now I eagerly await the two upcoming Fire Emblems even more.

I just hope it won't be too hard because I was never good at strategizing and planning ahead in these games. That's why I don't like the feature that your characters never come back if they die.

I hope I can play this through without restarting every mission a lot in the later half of the game because someone died on me.

That could get annoying and it's the only fear I have that could go wrong with this game.