NEurope
Dan_Dare

Geometry Wars 2

I know we have the arcade thread about this is too good.

Who has it?

How're you doing?

thoughts?

addiction prediction?

GO!

Sequence is fucking awesome...

Waves is still really, really hard... The game looks so much better than the first game, but at the same time its harder to see enemies coming at you. I still really like it, its much better than the first, but 800 points was a little too much.

With all the hype this is getting I think I'm gonna have to buy me some points.

Sequence is amazing. so far, the best new mode.

graphics are teh sex. Utter sex. I just need to adjust my eyes to develop the eye of the tiger I had on the first.

new score system also needs considerable adjustment- the bombs in particular are an entirely different beast that entail a whole new school of thought.

I'm the King of King! (although Dyson will probably destroy my score pretty soon).

One thing I found funny was that in my first playthough (I played all the games a fair few times) I didn't notice the geoms at all (I was playing on a small screen), so my scores picked up once I moved to a HDTV and discovered those little things (and now I know they are there, I can see them on the little TV, too)

My thoughts on the modes:

- Deadline: It's great working with a time limit instead of an endless wave of enemies. At first I thought the bombs were useless (as your multiplier no longer resets when you die) but then I noticed that the enemies come back a lot quicker than if you die, which is ace.

- King: I loved the achievement for this (Go into 30 zone things without killing anything), and how the geoms stick for a while so you can zoom around to get an insane multiplier before going into another zone to clear the path to the next. A brilliant mix of moving and not shooting and shooting and not moving.

- Evolved: Well, I was disappointed that it was easier to get higher scores easily...but then all that means is that the bar has been raised for what's considered a "low" score. It's probably more fun (as it's less frustrating when you die due to multipliers) and the geoms (they weren't in the first, right?) makes an interesting change in tactics.

- Pacifism: A brilliant idea, but also pretty tough. The Wax achievements are great and I love how the best way to do it is to stay still, dart through the gate then run (but trying to gather all the geoms before running). Although Dyson seems to have an insane score already.

- Waves: Seems to be by far the most chaotic mode in the game, which says a lot as it's a Geometry Wars game. Take your eye off one part of the screen at any one time and you're probably dead.

- Sequence: It's pretty cool to have a level-based mode. The main problem is that I panic too much when I see the realms of enemies appearing along the walls.

This game is simply amazing. I'm glad I decided to get it (even though I told myself I only would if it was 400 Points).

I'm so so happy I bought this game - as you could probably tell by my scores earlier. Pacifism has to be my favourite new game mode, weaving in and out of enemies is fantastic. I think I've already got 120 G on the game..but damn that Wax Off achievement, I got 97% earlier before failing.

Actually, if I'm honest, I think all of the game modes are unique. I'm surprised at what they can do with a simple shooter, King mode is definitely unique, and I'll have to reclaim my high scores on the boards later tonight.

(I should also mention how much I love the leaderboard integration in this game, it's perfect.)

(I should also mention how much I love the leaderboard integration in this game, it's perfect.)

Yea, apart from them not letting you save the leaderboards and save your best offline scores.

Edit: I like how the "Best score" thing shows the person above you in the list, rather than the very best. Gives you more incentive to slowly work your way up rather then seeing an insane score in the top corner and giving up.

It does? That's awesome.

Except I'd like everyone to see my name in the top right.

Not that much of a fan of Sequence, more of a Waves dude myself. That's what it is about, WAVES MAN, THOSE WAVES!

This game rocks on so many levels. Waves is great and I got addicted to Pacifism for a while.

This is a game which highlights why achievements are great. Having to activate 30 rings in King of the hill without shooting, that was a great challenge.

I just checked the first game...I need to correct myself (from what I said in the other thread). I never made it to 1,000,000, I didn't even pass 200,000.

I never realised just how different the scoring is.

It seems I didnt realise this was out....but I only just bought SSDHD yesterday.

Is it really that much better than the first?

A metric fuck tonne better.

Stardust is great in some respects hell its amazing... but Geo Wars 2 is just astoundingly bad ass.

Bought this last night! Loving it so much! I have got addicted to it quite quick!

Got 3 achievments left to try and get. Rebound, Game over and Smile. Btw does anyone know what u need to do for smile? It just says 2, 4, 11, 15, 17, 18 and 19, Has it got something to do with sequence?

Yes, you have to fail (by either dying or letting the time run out) stages 2, 4, 11, 15, 17, 18 and 19 in squence.

Got 3 achievments left to try and get. Rebound, Game over and Smile. Btw does anyone know what u need to do for smile? It just says 2, 4, 11, 15, 17, 18 and 19, Has it got something to do with sequence?

I've got those same ones left.

As for smile...

I think you need to time out on 2 and 4, die on 11, 15, 17 and 19 and clear all the other levels.

P0P0P

PPPPP

XPPPX

PXXXP

(P-pass, O-time out X-fail)

Not 100% sure though.

I need Wax Off, Game Over and Rebound. I keep getting to the last level on sequence, damn it.

Also, I consider my crown regained, cheeky people playing when I wasn't. Nice score on Evolved though btw Dan.

you beaten it? I just turned the game off.

my mate got 39 mil. I'm going to at this for weeks before I beat that.

Darn you Dyson. Just wait until I get back to Sheffield and can use a decent TV and connect to the internet at the same time.

Although I still probably won't be able to beat some of your scores.

Not yet Dan Dare, but I did come close. I upped my previous score up a million to 15mil.

I'll get there eventually, don't worry.

Oh, and also, I managed to boost my Pacifism score just a little bit...to 39 million.

Edit: And achived Wax Off :D

Wax off was so hard! I was addicted to doing it though, just one more go, one more go... Did it this morning before i went work (thats how addicted i was!).

Thanks for the info on the smile achievment, i find sequence pretty darn hard!