NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
azy

N64 and 9 games worth £35?

Hi,

There is an N64 going with 9 games, 2 controllers, apparently in immaculate condition with all games boxed with instructions and the offer is £40.

I used to have one in the '90's but I sold it and I'm slightly tempted to buy one again. Do you think it's worth it?

The only notable games are: Goldeneye (I had before), Lylat Wars (I had before) and Banjo Kazooie (which I never played). The rest of the games are of little interest to me (I think Pilotwings 64 and Blast Corps were mentioned as well as Top gear and some sport games).

The original offer was £40 and I said I'd be willing to pay £35, they said they would think about it then get back to me.

Is £35 a good price? Too high? Too low?

Sounds like a good deal to me; especially if it is in great condition and with 2 controllers!

Goldeneye, Lylat Wars, Banjo Kazooie, Blast Corp and Pilotwings are all great games, and you're getting 4 others aswell!

Go for it!!

(Though you could wait a year and download all the N64 games on the Rev!)

I just had a call and they said they won't go less than £40 (they were initially going to put an ad for £50 so they say they can't back down from £40, they even said they'd deliver it to my doorstep).

I decided not to buy it. It probably is a good deal but I'm a bit skint. Oh well, I'll wait for the Rev.

I would say you missed a great deal. The Revolution launches in a year or less and I guess a N64 game will cost about 5-10€ and actually you would have saved some money with that offer.

Hi,

There is an N64 going with 9 games, 2 controllers, apparently in immaculate condition with all games boxed with instructions and the offer is £40.

I used to have one in the '90's but I sold it and I'm slightly tempted to buy one again. Do you think it's worth it?

The only notable games are: Goldeneye (I had before), Lylat Wars (I had before) and Banjo Kazooie (which I never played). The rest of the games are of little interest to me (I think Pilotwings 64 and Blast Corps were mentioned as well as Top gear and some sport games).

The original offer was £40 and I said I'd be willing to pay £35, they said they would think about it then get back to me.

Is £35 a good price? Too high? Too low?

That would have been a great deal... Goldeneye, Lylat Wars, Banjo Kazooie, Pilotwings 64 and Blast Corps are great games... But don't worry, this isn't the last time you'll get the chance to buy a N64...

BUY IT.

It has both Goldeneye and Banjo Kazooie, oh how i loved that game. Soooooooooooooooooooooo good to play.

You also get the console. and other games.

meh, isnt too special, games on the rev will only cost a couple of quid so you would save big time on those

That was a great freaking deal all the games you mentioned are brill well except for pilot wings *waits to be flamed* :heh:

Sounds like a good deal to me.

I paid £309.98 for my N64 with Mario 64 on launch day, so £35 with games seems pretty bargainerific.

I saw another ad in the local paper this time for N64 with 12 games and accessories for £40. I rang the guy and asked if he'd go below £40 and he said £35, I said I have £30 on me right now and I'd come and collect and he said ok.

So I bought the following for £30:

N64 console & leads

1 controller

1 expansion pack

1 rumble pack

1 memory pack (I think its a memory pack as it fits in the controller and has 5 LED's (1 green, 4 red) on it with Gamester written on it)

Mario Kart 64

Perfect Dark

Resident Evil 2

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Shadows Of the Empire

Super Mario 64

Rush 2049

Ready 2 Rumble

Blast Corps

Rayman 2

Top Gear Overdrive

Rocket on Wheels

All games boxed with instructions except 4 of them.

Before I bought it I asked him to test it to see if it works and he tried it and i had a go to see if it was ok and it was. Now I am testing it on my own tv (10 yr old Goodmans) but have lost the instrustion manual for the tv and can't get it tuned in with the N64. I already had an RGB Scart which I used with a GCN (before I sold it) and it won't work with it as well as the default ariel that came with it.

Oh well, at least I got a good deal. ::shrug:

You got yourself a good deal there mate, and you'll love Banjo Kazooie, if anything it's gotta be the best game ever made.

I would never sell my N64!!! Not for that! Cant believe you got one that cheap, that makes me sick. Id try and get some one whose dying to get it and make them pay loads before i even considered letting go of mine.

You got yourself a good deal there mate, and you'll love Banjo Kazooie, if anything it's gotta be the best game ever made.

I haven't got Banjo Kazzoie, I might get it if I see it for a bargain price.

I would never sell my N64!!! Not for that! Cant believe you got one that cheap, that makes me sick. Id try and get some one whose dying to get it and make them pay loads before i even considered letting go of mine.

Haha. I paid a crispy £20 note and a not so crispy £10 note for this bargain. I was thinking that if for any reason i want to sell I could put it on ebay, though that won't be anytime soon. I only need 2 titles now for gaming bliss, Goldeneye 007, and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness.

I have it set up nicely with all the boxes laid next to the N64 but I still haven't got it tuned into my tv yet :mad:

Anyone have an N64 tuned into a Goodman's GTV51N1 model TV by any chance? i tried the auto tune but got nothing. :(

Its a great deal(i wish i had it), and some of those games may not be able to download on the revolution.

Great deal you got there,I could never sell any of my consoles.I sold my SNES and man I wish I never did,got a new one now though :P

I got my tv problem solved. I had the RGB scart plugged in the tv all the time which was causing a blank screen, once I took it out and used the default lead it worked ok. It appears that PAL N64's can't output RGB (NTSC N64's can after an internal modification to the motherboard).

Anyway, it's working now. :yay:

Am I the only person here who thinks Goldeneye has aged terribly? Fond memories aside, it's really quite a trial to play nowadays.

That's a huge bargain Azy, I sold Majora's Mask alone for £30 a couple of years ago. People who sell in the papers never know what they're doing, someone sold me loads of NES games for about £20, I only bought them to sell them and got £16 for one game alone. The papers are great for money making.

funny how an N64 can be sold at a much higher price then a gamecube.

Can't sell those for anything lol. Maybe 15 pounds if u include 100 games

ive seen a sop selling a snes for £12 and an n64 for £15, is it worth getting. i think the games only come to about £8 aswell i didnt really check, they had OOT and mario 64, i saw the boxes and they looke new. i wonder if i should get them? i mean not to change thesubject but i will be able to download all(most) of the games on the rev.

Am I the only person here who thinks Goldeneye has aged terribly? Fond memories aside, it's really quite a trial to play nowadays.

I couldnt agree more. The graphics are blurry and the control system is pretty bad compared to the FPS games now.

Guys, I don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but I went to Game Station and picked up the following games for a tenner:

Goldeneye (wanted)

Lylat Wars (wanted)

Lamborghini Challenge (not bothered)

Fifa 64 (didn't want)

WWF 2000 (didn't want)

Operation Winback (not bothered)

They came as part of a package - none came with box or instructions but I am content with the purchase - just tested them all and they work perfectly. What a weekend. I now have 18 games with the N64 and accessories - not bad for a total of £40.

I have to agree, people that sell in papers could make much more money - but still I suppose it beats selling to a second hand shop.

As for Goldeneye, I remember playing it and getting a bit tired of it when I had an N64 in the 90's but it still is a very playable game if you haven't played it in a long time - I tried the emulated version on the PC and there are a few bugs in it (black sky or if blue sky then it moves weirdly), it's much better on the real thing (though the graphics are blurrier than a PC but it's the playability that counts).

Sign in to follow this