NEurope
bmoose

Make a Xbox 360 Game!

Hello!

I don't know how many people heard Microsofts recent community games announcement, but it basically allows small developers to publish games for the Xbox 360 and recieve some £££/ $$$!

I am studying games programming in September and having been experimenting with XNA for the past few months. I basically feel I have the ability to program a title to be released through the community games service

BUT!

I would like to mainly focus on the programming side and not have to worry about the design, game mechanics etc.

So basically, is there anyone who wants to work with me to create a game for the service. You would be required to develop the games concept, level design and how the game plays. No programming is required, nor artistic talent (although it may help), I am just looking for someone to work with to create a decent quality game.

Either let me know your ideas in this thread or PM me. I am looking for ideas that are not too grandiose, a 2D game is ideal as I would also like to enter it into the Dream-Build-Play competition being held at the end of September.

Hello!

I don't know how many people heard Microsofts recent community games announcement, but it basically allows small developers to publish games for the Xbox 360 and recieve some £££/ $$$!

I am studying games programming in September and having been experimenting with XNA for the past few months. I basically feel I have the ability to program a title to be released through the community games service

BUT!

I would like to mainly focus on the programming side and not have to worry about the design, game mechanics etc.

So basically, is there anyone who wants to work with me to create a game for the service. You would be required to develop the games concept, level design and how the game plays. No programming is required, nor artistic talent (although it may help), I am just looking for someone to work with to create a decent quality game.

Either let me know your ideas in this thread or PM me. I am looking for ideas that are not too grandiose, a 2D game is ideal as I would also like to enter it into the Dream-Build-Play competition being held at the end of September.

Im looking into Computer Sciences, with games development and in the general field. Where have you applied? Sounds intresting. I could come up with a few ideas I'm sure.

I have been accepted into Teesside university. The reason I chose it, was because it had been recommended by a few people but mainly because it has a wide range of topics that can be covered. There are both Computer Programming and Science courses structured specifically towards games dev, and you can decide what subjects you would rather cover after your first year, so you don't have to decide on your modules straight away.

This is interesting. You could build up a unique internet team here.

I know nightwolf is starting a uni degree about games design or something come September. I'll give her a heads up about this thread.

I have been accepted into Teesside university. The reason I chose it, was because it had been recommended by a few people but mainly because it has a wide range of topics that can be covered. There are both Computer Programming and Science courses structured specifically towards games dev, and you can decide what subjects you would rather cover after your first year, so you don't have to decide on your modules straight away.

When I was planning on going to uni, I was thinking about Teeside (and visited there) it looked freaking sweet.

I would be somewhat (very) interested in this.

Are you more inclined towards one type of game over another? Id love to help design an (awesome) 2D platform game.

I'm doing game design at Huddersfield in September so I'd be interested!

Im also doing game design/development from september, so ill keeep an eye in here me thinks

Originaly posted by ReZourceman

When I was planning on going to uni, I was thinking about Teeside (and visited there) it looked freaking sweet.

I would be somewhat (very) interested in this.

Are you more inclined towards one type of game over another? Id love to help design an (awesome) 2D platform game.

Yeh I am more inclined towards certain game types as I have more confidence that I can pull them off. That's not to say that I am looking only for existing genres, if someone has a unique idea then that could also be manageable.

A 2D platformer is ideal though, considering I have already been working on an engine for a platforming game.

And I have since school designed a series of games, (Not like....literally designed, just on pieces of paper shown the characters, each games story and enemies, and the worlds) Lol. This is kind of irrelevant though. I would love to help in anyway.

I've got an idea. You play as a italian plumber in red overalls. He has to save a princess against a non-stop assault from a giant fire breathing tortoise. He also has a brother who wears green overalls and lives in a world with little magic mushroom people.

I've got an idea. You play as a italian plumber in red overalls. He has to save a princess against a non-stop assault from a giant fire breathing tortoise. He also has a brother who wears green overalls and lives in a world with little magic mushroom people.

This is a blatant rip off of Crash Bandicoot!

Haha, imagine that; I can already imagine creating a spiritual successor to Lost Winds with Eenuh's art style on board :P

Actually I may be interested in story-side stuff. So add me to the list. Whats the worst that could happen?

I've been studying Computer Games Development for two years. Kind of interested, but a project via a group of people on the internet may prove to be quite tough.