NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Computer problem :(

one of my computers wont load :S i have no idea why, when i press the power button the computer starts up, i can hear it but the monitor says no signal and then goes to standbye. i tried unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in but nothing changed.

One thing i have noticed though is that when i touch the keyboard connection in the back of the computer it switches the computer on but same problem with monitor saying no signal and going into standbye.

This happened before about two or three weeks ago but it just started working again on its own.

Any help or thoughts are much appreciated

Sounds a little fucked... Like really fucked.

Problem is, these kind of issues can be extremely difficult to solve as it can be numerous things. I'll leave this to the other people i think.

none that i am aware of. the only person that uses the computer really is my dad. and all he does is switch it on, check his email then switch it off.

I'd try a different monitor if you have one at hand. If it still isn't working I'd be tempted to say it's video card related, I had a similar(ish) problem when I installed my new card, though I could still boot into safe mode.

The exact same thing happened to a bunch of computers at my school. I over heard a technician telling the teacher it was the motherboard.

do a good old fashioned rebuild. if that doesnt change anything, i'd say its as apple said.. prolly video card related.

Just tried swapping the monitors, same problem. The monitor just tells me theres no input. So you thyink it could be the motherboard or the video card? i think ill get my dad to take it into a pc world or something and see what they say.

Just tried swapping the monitors, same problem. The monitor just tells me theres no input. So you thyink it could be the motherboard or the video card? i think ill get my dad to take it into a pc world or something and see what they say.

Do not take it to PC World... they are not always that clever and will try most likely try all the possible things and charge you for them as they go along.

Like Jordan said.. it could be one of many things and unless you are willing to pay for each part it could be then your best possible option will be to get/build a new one if this one is quite old

Chances are the graphics card has bust. On my crappy old pc we had a similar issue, monitor said no signal and the pc was running. Luckily I had an ancient card sitting about, put it in and it worked again.

I had a similar problem a while back, Jordan may remember since I bombarded him with pms... What it ended up just being in the end was the 4pin plug thing that plugs into the motherboard generally on the end that is near the power supply and next to the IO ports..well my new motherbaord required the 8pin compared to the 4pin and I only had the 4pin plugged in and had the exact symptons of yours. Worked for a while, then just stopped. But once I plugged the 8pin in, it worked just fine. So maybe see if that's the problem?

DSCF4817_cropped-big.jpg

See how the 4pins of the full 8pins are covered by a cap?

Not sure what that text was on about but i opened it up again and had a little look and the card that the monitor plugs into had come loose a little bit. and it works now :D

thanks for the help guys :)

Not sure what that text was on about but i opened it up again and had a little look and the card that the monitor plugs into had come loose a little bit. and it works now :D

thanks for the help guys :)

You're a brave man, btw that was called a graphics card. Weird how it had come loose though...

It had some kind of locking mechanism for all the cards and it had come off so they were all loose it was just that one that had come out a bit. must have knocked it when i plugged something in once

Sign in to follow this