NEurope
Retro_Link

Ferrari challenge

Whats up with developers not putting lighting on Wii games??

It makes the car look just a "copy paste" right in the pictures.. blergh :shakehead

Whats up with developers not putting lighting on Wii games??

It makes the car look just a "copy paste" right in the pictures.. blergh :shakehead

You're confusing lighting with incredibely and unrealisticly shiny cars.

You're confusing lack of lighting with incredibely and unrealisticly shiny cars.
In some games... yeah (forza 2 cars comes to mind), but in this one... there's simply no lightning, the sky is blue and that's it, there's not a place where it's brighter... nothing... really bland looking.

In some games... yeah (forza 2 cars comes to mind), but in this one... there's simply no lightning, the sky is blue and that's it, there's not a place where it's brighter... nothing... really bland looking.

I can see lighting in the pictures. And the sky is brighter in some places, too.

What I can't see is totally unrealistic levels of bloom lighting.

I can see lighting in the pictures. And the sky is brighter in some places, too.

What I can't see is totally unrealistic levels of bloom lighting.

*rechecks*

I still don't see realistic color differences in the sky that suggest it, but I'm not suggesting overused bloom either. See... it's stuff like the trees edges ahead of the light should be clearer, stuff like that; that's not unrealistic, on the contrary.

The make and break of this will be the controls, as far as i am aware this will be the first realistic racer since launch, making it the first realistic racer 'designed for' wii rather than a last gen port.

this will be interesting to see in real life

Ferrari Challenge Wii: The only racing game where the road looks much nicer than the cars.

Ferrari Challenge Wii: The only racing game where the road looks much nicer than the cars.
still looks miles better than the previous pics, if that's a compliment.

At first glance it seemed fairly well done, but then after remembering Gran Turismo 4 being released on a supposed inferior console how many years ago yet still looking much better than this is some what sickening.

Looks much much better though. As for Gran Turismo 4, I love that game, but the textures in it are crap compared to the textures in Ferrari Challenge. Over all it looks better than this though for sure. Bear in mind, these don't look like bull shots either.

Doesn't look as bad as I was expecting it to and certaily not as bad as some are making out on here.

It looks really crap, it doesn't hold up to anything seen on the first Xbox.

looks great, dont forget , games always look allot better in motion, take thos mario kart wii pics for example, looks stunning in motion , pics look a lil ruff,

i expect this to look great in motion,, whens the release?

I'm not at all impressed wit the car models, allthough the tracks look OK.

I absolutelly ADORE the Ferrari F430, but a game where it's the only car available? BOORING!

I hope Nintendo release a realistic racer of their own...

forza-motorsport.jpg

Forza Motorsport on the Xbox 1.

Looks about the same. They really need to bump up the resolution of the textures on the cars, if they did that, it'd look good I reckon.

forza-motorsport.jpg

Forza Motorsport on the Xbox 1.

ferrarichallenge06lx5.jpg

Ferrari Challenge looks better than Forza IMO, I think it's looking quite good!

Ferrari Challenge looks better than Forza IMO, I think it's looking quite good!
he chose a bad screenshot of Forza...

forza-2.jpg

That's from forza 1... now... this one doesn't even come close.

the reflection on the cars is kinda like "metal cap" effect in Mario 64 too, instead of a real reflection, as I remember Forza 1 to have (might be wrong on this one)... textures are downright worse too, and have a lot less colors...

Dinamic light at place doesn't even come close to forza's:

forza-motorsport-20050222034851962.jpg

As does colisions:

forza-motorsport-20050208063855867.jpg

forza-motorsport-20050503063615754.jpg

And here is forza 1 ferrari's for comparison:

forzamotorsport20050118kj7.jpg

forza-motorsport-20050208063900054_640w.jpg

forza-motorsport-20050203023306153.jpg

This game... is in a completly different league from forza, and if anything Wii could do Forza at 60 frames (considering Xbox did it at 30 frames); this said... this game has also come a long way from since it was announced, but that's about the only praise we can do, "hey it doesn't look that bad", but never compare it to forza.

Also note that the excessive anti aliasing in some photos is due to being bullshots, while others have too much compression on them; still.... you guys get the picture.

he chose a bad screenshot of Forza...

True true. I was just trying to find a gameplay screen shot, and used the first one I came across.

Has anyone else played PGr 2 on the Xbox? I did the other week again out of curiosity. Man, that game has aged well.

A lot of work goes into making games like Forza though... and that's the problem with devs, they don't wanna work.

Although I admit publishers aren't helping either, I think it's mostly their fault.

I blame the devs for the shite graphics on the Wii. When you look at Resi 4, Metroid, Mario, and others, it's hard not to get pissed off at lazy devs.

It would be nice to see a PGR port for wii. Anything really, just to get a serious racer onto the platform. PGR is a possibility and it would make money I'm sure. Ever since Nintendo showed off the Gamecube car demo I've been wanting a seriously awesome realistic racer on a Nintendo platform. Burnout was the closest we ever got to genial (and arcadey!) yet we never even saw the epic Burnout 3. EA, get on the case please! At least on the N64 this was addressed with Nintendo themselves getting Digipen to do Ridge Racer (which in places, was better than Namco's efforts)! A repeat would be nice...

I know it's hard to take a step 'backwards' when you've just made Burnout Paradise/PGR4 but I wish devs would think of it as a step 'sideways'. Create something new. I can think of thousands of great ideas for racing games on Wii. And not just by adding a wheel.

Where are our racers!