NEurope
ReZourceman

The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers)

Loved the joker very creepy, i was bit suprised about Rachels death (expecting batman to save her but of course was given wrong location) and i thought they might leave two-face alive for a possible sequel but all n all EXCELLENT FILM!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I didnt realise he gave the wrong location.

One thing that bothered me was the sonar thing; how does he have a sonar image of the Joker and the dogs, when it's supposed to come from mobile phones? I hardly think the joker had one and last I checked dogs dont generally carry them.

One thing that bothered me was the sonar thing; how does he have a sonar image of the Joker and the dogs, when it's supposed to come from mobile phones? I hardly think the joker had one and last I checked dogs dont generally carry them.

Well it was from nearby phones...but still that bit was a little far fetched.

The phone uses sonar to create an image of the nearby surroundings and objects.

And The Joker did have a mobile phone, he used it at several points during the film.

Sonar thing was just poorly executed anyway, ugly CGI.

the sonar was the only slightly below par element to this. The rest is an utterly monumental achievement. They've created a great action movie, a great crime drama, a meditation on the nature of society and a superbly crafted epic tragedy. It didn't even look hard to do.

Utterly incredible in every way.

Oh I didnt realise he gave the wrong location.
Well, considering they said "who're you going after?" and batsy shouted "Rachel!" and then wound up with Harvey... :heh: That video you posted was awesome.
Watch carefully at 0.08. Left hand side of the screen

I'm confused... what's this video? What am I supposed to be looking for?

Well, considering they said "who're you going after?" and batsy shouted "Rachel!" and then wound up with Harvey... :heh: That video you posted was awesome.

I'm confused... what's this video? What am I supposed to be looking for?

A) Ah...lol, yeah missed that.

B) The only thing I see at 0:08 is a small flash/spark....not exactly uncommon when the buildings about to explode.... :heh:

You can just see Heath Ledger walking out with a camera in front of him.

Apparently, as they had to get it in one take, the explosions didn't go off as planned and he ad libbed the playing around with the detonator before it fully exploded.

I thought it was awesome. The best action movie I've ever seen.

I don't think they'll ever have Barbara Gordon Batgirl. She's just too crap. Lol. They could have her as Oracle, after her legs get broken.

They could do Cassandra Cain Batgirl, because she's actually awesome at fighting, and the no speaking thing could be interesting.

They could do a teenage Robin who tries to be Batman's sidekick, but gets killed. That would be realistic, since he's a shite teenager. I'd love if they did a Batman-Robin gay relationship, but that's hardly box-office friendly :p

Who could be the villain in the next installment, that's the question. None of his comic book villains are good enough or work on such a big scale to top Joker.

The Sonar technology made sense, but how the hell did every cell phone suddenly have it? That's the only thing the movie could have done without. That and Maggie Gylenhal's face.

I literally clapped my hands when Rachael died.

1) Because I just assumed Harvey would "die" and become Two-Face.

2) I hate her character. The worst thing about BB, and I hated how the actress changed between films.

I just love how you thought when the Joker was finally arrested that was him arrested, he still had 7 tricks up the sleeves of his sleeves. I love how it was so anti-cliche with the boats. I was expecting him to have lied about the detonator and that whoever pressed it would blow up.

@ chair, i reckon...maybe...Clayface? or man bat...

Clayface is too similar to Spider-Man's Sandman though. It would feel a cheap rip-off.

And Man-Bat is hardly that formidable a villain.

I was thinking they could do Poison Ivy and Bane, if they made Bane as intelligent as he is in the comics, and Poison Ivy have near unlimited control of plants.

No exaggeration, this is my favourite film ever, I think.

It's perfect, with my only gripe being not even a real one; That Rachael looked nothing like Katie Holmes, and just looked a lot older than Bruce Wayne is meant to be. However, I do think Maggie was a better choice than using Katie Holmes again, who isn't a very good actress.

-----

Thoughts on further film/s.

No Robin or Batgirl. However, they could do the Cassie Cain Batgirl like Chair just said. Robin is frankly a shit idea in any form.

I think they could do a good Poison Ivy, seeing as her pwers can be stylised very gothic-ly, and would make for an interesting villain. However, they haven't really gone down the "superpowers" route yet.

-Catwoman (I think she would tie-in well into the fact that Batman is now basically a wanted man...allows for partnership as well as face-offs, like in the comics)

- Poison Ivy (See above)

-Mad Hatter (Hard to do...possible)

-Penguin (I think he's so lame, that nothing can top Burton's excellent re-imagining)

I think the best candidate is probably The Riddler. And including Catwoman too would be awesome.

----

All In all though, I don't know how they can possibly top this one.

And Man-Bat is hardly that formidable a villain.

I was thinking they could do Poison Ivy and Bane, if they made Bane as intelligent as he is in the comics, and Poison Ivy have near unlimited control of plants.

:indeed: Why don't you try fighting a massive killer bat, that feeds on animal/human flesh?

I forgot to include him in my list above, he could be done, if they're open to "superpowers".

Clayface is a no-no.

I think the Joker's character would have been better if he hadn't lied about how he got his scars. He told two conflicting stories, and I think it would have been better if the audience were forced to decide whether they feel sympathetic to him or not.

I think the Joker's character would have been better if he hadn't lied about how he got his scars. He told two conflicting stories, and I think it would have been better if the audience were forced to decide whether they feel sympathetic to him or not.

The Joker has done that throughout his entire comic career, the only origin story that is likely true is the one presented in The Killing Joke. However, it's been stated that he probably doesn't know which of the stories in his head are true and which are false.

Much better to present it like that, than give a straight-up origin. That would be shit. And the fact is, the stories were similar, and both lead to the conclusion that he was proabably a mentally unstable child who got the scars either due to self-infliction or at the hand of a loved one. (Like he says)

He makes up his origins based on how he feels on each day so i thought it was a very nice touch, he was gonna tell a third but batman skewered him..

Personally I´d like to see Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn partnership in the next movie.

But that´s just me!

Honestly? i can see cat woman in there this time, with no super powers, they like showing that no superpowered villians are powerful...

:indeed: Why don't you try fighting a massive killer bat, that feeds on animal/human flesh?

Yeah, but you just gas him or something, and he dies easily. He isn't intelligent or anything.

Yeah, Joker could have been killed easily aswell, but he has so many tricks up his sleeve you wouldn't dare kill him.

Personally I´d like to see Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn partnership in the next movie.

But that´s just me!

Lol, lesbianism FTW!

no no no no no. no. no.

the whole point was that he has no origin; that he has no justification, sympathies or weaknesses. He's so pure and that's what's scary about him.

future enemies: I'd like to see The Riddler, only redone as a much darker adversary- maybe a serial killer taunting Batman from the shadows with clues etc. Would be interesting.

and Bane. Far from the steroid thug most think of him as. His plan to unleash Arkham on Gotham and wear down Batman before destroying him personally would work really well in Nohlan's fiction, especially combined with a dark take on the Venom Drug. You could even see Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow involved with that.

The police don't kill, dent was hope for them, so they didn't kill, batman doesn't either so the joker was safe in that respect..

I don't know what the theme of the next film will be. Both films have been about the state of the city.

Begins = Fear

Knight = Chaos

What could the third be about? Hmm.

---

and Bane. Far from the steroid thug most think of him as. His plan to unleash Arkham on Gotham and wear down Batman before destroying him personally would work really well in Nohlan's fiction, especially combined with a dark take on the Venom Drug. You could even see Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow involved with that.

I agree that done well, he could work, but the Arkham break-out happened in Begins. :)

----

Also, I think by only mentioning ("Go stay with your sister!") and showing the top of her head, Nolan is putting a firm foot down to no sidekicks. However, in a way, it felt like they just left her out for no reason at times. It would have been much more poignant to have her the Gordon child focused on rather than the boy.

---

Thinking about it more, I do think that the ons that would fit into Nolanverse well are Riddler, Catwoman and maybe Bane and Poison Ivy.

I always liked the extreme makeover Riddler got for The Batman. :)

17.jpg

That would look a bit crap, and a bit too close to the effeminate Riddler from Forever, but it's a step in the right direction, IMO.