NEurope
ReZourceman

The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers)

376143212_f18a7c45e2.jpg
I think the red on the costume should be the colour of the cape, if not even darker still, and the cape should just be black.

you know what...all things considered (ie, that film was an abomination) that costume is pretty good.
The suit has nipples. Nipples.

The nipple-application is sexist; Why doesn't Batgirl have nipples built into her costume?

;)

Robin could work. Just have some kid being daft enough to take inspiration in Batman, make his own costume, go galavanting off in the middle of the night etc. followed by him saving Batman's arse. Later on have his parents get killed, with Batman witnessing it yet unable to save them (at this point the Bat doesn't know who Robin is, or that these are his parents). When Robin finds out his parents are dead he goes off on a huge revenge-spree. Bruce discovers who he is, and that he failed to save the kid's parents, goes out looking for Robin. He finds him running amok, calms him down and takes him under his own wing out of the sheer guilt of the situation.

Instant Bruce Wayne/Dick Grayson combo. The excuse for Bruce then training Dick is simple, if he doesn't then Dick will only get himself killed in revenge attempts.

As for the costume, try a splash of Damian Wayne:

Damianwayne.PNG

To be more specific on the hows and whys, Black Mask discovers who Robin is, captures his parents, tortures them. Batman appears, but Black Mask shoots the Graysons in the head before Bruce can do anything about it. Black Mask gets away and calls Dick up, telling him exactly how his parents died (with the idea of enraging the boy, luring him in to a trap). BM's plan works, but Batman is close behind Dick after discovering his identity. Batman and Robin defeat Black Mask and his goons together, but Batman has to stop Robin from killing Black Mask.

Robin could work. Just have some kid being daft enough to take inspiration in Batman, make his own costume, go galavanting off in the middle of the night etc. followed by him saving Batman's arse. Later on have his parents get killed, with Batman witnessing it yet unable to save them (at this point the Bat doesn't know who Robin is, or that these are his parents). When Robin finds out his parents are dead he goes off on a huge revenge-spree. Bruce discovers who he is, and that he failed to save the kid's parents, goes out looking for Robin. He finds him running amok, calms him down and takes him under his own wing out of the sheer guilt of the situation.

Instant Bruce Wayne/Dick Grayson combo. The excuse for Bruce then training Dick is simple, if he doesn't then Dick will only get himself killed in revenge attempts.

As for the costume, try a splash of Damian Wayne:

Damianwayne.PNG

That could work actually.

Although everyone hates Damian (I do). No hood, looks cliched.

didn't they bring back the first robin from the dead?

fucking comic writers can't kill anyone for shit!

didn't they bring back the first robin from the dead?

fucking comic writers can't kill anyone for shit!

First Robin never died. :) He's now his own man, and occasional leader of the Outsiders, Nightwing.

Jason Todd was a brash and impulsive second Robin, who got killed by Joker. And yes, they brough him back recently, as an enemy of Batman (kinda).

That could work actually.

Although everyone hates Damian (I do). No hood, looks cliched.

I wasn't suggesting Damian, just a Damian style look. Robin could even be carrying the sword at the start, he doesn't have to have the same moral fibre as Batman.

The way i see it playing out is Robin is working on his own as a masked vigilanty, inspired by Batman. Annoyed by this Bruce stats to look in to it and attempts to discover his identity.

Robin saves Batman's life in a fight against (insert villain here)

Black Mask discovers that Robin is in-fact Dick Grayson, and sets about kidnapping and torturing his parents as revenge for the trouble Robin has been causing him. Batman stumbles across all this happening, but Black Mask shoots the tortured Graysons in the head before Batman has any chance of saving them. Black Mask escapes and phones Dick Grayson up, giving him all the gory details of his parent's deaths. Enraged by the death of his parents Dick swares to track down and kill Black Mask, he walks straight in to a trap.

Whilst all this was going on Bruce discovers Robin's identity and hits the horrible realisation of why the Graysons were murdered. He dons his gear and sets off to track down Robin/Dick, following him all the way to Black Mask's hideout.

Batman saves Robin and together they defeat Black Mask, but Robin attempts to kill him in revenge for his parent's deaths. Batman stops him. From this moment Bruce decides he needs to train Dick to be like him, it's the only way to stop Dick from going down the path that Bruce would have followed without Ra's Al Ghul's help.

The Batman and Robin partnership is born.

I think that Batman Forever had a good storyline, even tough the film was "suposedly" a shit...

Batman growing the idea of having a Vigilante would be great in the next movie.

But i want a dark Robin with 18 years old, not older than that. I want him really young, and much more darker than the previous Robins

I wasn't suggesting Damian, just a Damian style look. Robin could even be carrying the sword at the start, he doesn't have to have the same moral fibre as Batman.

The way i see it playing out is Robin is working on his own as a masked vigilanty, inspired by Batman. Annoyed by this Bruce stats to look in to it and attempts to discover his identity.

Robin saves Batman's life in a fight against (insert villain here)

Black Mask discovers that Robin is in-fact Dick Grayson, and sets about kidnapping and torturing his parents as revenge for the trouble Robin has been causing him. Batman stumbles across all this happening, but Black Mask shoots the tortured Graysons in the head before Batman has any chance of saving them. Black Mask escapes and phones Dick Grayson up, giving him all the gory details of his parent's deaths. Enraged by the death of his parents Dick swares to track down and kill Black Mask, he walks straight in to a trap.

Whilst all this was going on Bruce discovers Robin's identity and hits the horrible realisation of why the Graysons were murdered. He dons his gear and sets off to track down Robin/Dick, following him all the way to Black Mask's hideout.

Batman saves Robin and together they defeat Black Mask, but Robin attempts to kill him in revenge for his parent's deaths. Batman stops him. From this moment Bruce decides he needs to train Dick to be like him, it's the only way to stop Dick from going down the path that Bruce would have followed without Ra's Al Ghul's help.

The Batman and Robin partnership is born.

Yay @ Black Mask, my no.1 choice for next film.

Yay @ Robin being independant of Batman

Although, I still prefer the idea of Catwoman, or ,though unlikely, Huntress, to Robin.

I like Damian....I think his storyline was the best Batman storyline recently.

PS watch PodcaZt for lolz. (Its not a normal review)

I like Damian....I think his storyline was the best Batman storyline recently.

PS watch PodcaZt for lolz. (Its not a normal review)

I didn't laugh, only because I thought you were serious at first. :blank:

I also felt [as others in here have said] that they didn't make the Rachel/Dent choice clear enough.

I heard Batman say he was going after Rachel, or at least I thought I had, but when he turned up at Dents I just persumed I'd miss heard or something.

And consequently it actually partly ruined the remainer of the film for me because I just couldn't understand why he'd chosen Dent.

If I'd been sure of what had happened whilst watching the film it probably would have upped everything for me instead of leaving me with a feeling of 'WTF did you just do Bruce, she was the love of your life and you just let her die as if she was of no great importance!'

Good post, exactly how i felt about that part of the movie. It should have been made a little clearer. I saw it with two other people and neither of us could explain it. When i got home I asked my housemate (who is the biggest batman nerd, he'd already seen it 3 times at the movies and a few times on a downloaded cam version) and he said it was because batman chose gotham city over rachel...

I said bs, he wouldn't change his mind half way there, he told gordon he was going to get rachel. My housemate didnt believe that he said this, so we played that part of the movie and he freaked out saying I'd ruined the movie forever for him, hahaha. When we found out the real answer, we were definately very satisfied :)

As for the whole robin debate... I'm not sure. I think younger people want a robin so they have something more relateable too, where as the more matured of us (I like matured a whole lot better than older :() are quite happy for him to remain solo. I dont like the idea of there being a young sidekick, this batman version seems focused on bruce wayne and his story (his business, love life, ethics, and batman). There is no need for another character to be added.

Most people figured that out as soon as Batman arrived at Dent that he was duped.

Most people figured that out as soon as Batman arrived at Dent that he was duped.
Well sure he has most of his face covered, but he certainly didn't react in any suprised/shocked/shit WFT! kinda way. Everything just seemed to play out.

I realise upon seeing Dent he just got on with getting him out, but still!!

Well sure he has most of his face covered, but he certainly didn't react in any suprised/shocked/shit WFT! kinda way. Everything just seemed to play out.

I realise upon seeing Dent he just got on with getting him out, but still!!

exactly, a simple "what?!" or something similiar to show he was shocked to see Dent there would have been enough to clue me up to what had happened.

can't beleive so many of you missed it. It's really a very simple scene to follow.

can't beleive so many of you missed it. It's really a very simple scene to follow.
Well clealy not if so many people were 'WTF just happened' by it.

I concur.

A difficult scene in cinema is the end of 2001: A Space Oddessey. This isn't. It's just a simple case of 'oh shit he lied'.

A difficult scene in cinema is the end of 2001: A Space Oddessey. This isn't. It's just a simple case of 'oh shit he lied'.

The thing is Joker must say the addresses quietly/just mis hear Batman saying hes getting Rachel or something. As Retro said, there are loads of people who misunderstood, so there must be some kind of reason. Ill pay particular attention to that scene when I see it again.