NEurope
Cookyman

Guitar Hero : World Tour

That is all pretty cool, but I think as far as the actual gameplay goes, I prefer Guitar Hero.

I dunno, I just didn't feel that connection with Rock Band. It was pretty good fun, but I didn't find myself as worked up or into the music as I am with Guitar Hero.

Setlist confirmed as fake by Activision, although the fact you had a guitar battle with Sting and 3 Tool songs was pretty obvious really.

Setlist confirmed as fake by Activision, although the fact you had a guitar battle with Sting and 3 Tool songs was pretty obvious really.

It is?

Link plz :heart:

Cheers Noodle.

Shame; Assassin is beeeeaaaaauuuuuuuuutiful. And I'd kill to play Johnny B Goode as well :P

43 of a supposed 85 tracks have now been officially revealed for this game!

1. About a Girl - Nirvana

2. Aggro - The Enemy

3. American Woman - The Guess Who

4. Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz

5. Beat It - Michael Jackson

6. Bullet with Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins

7. B.Y.O.B. - System of a Down

8. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne

9. Dammit - Blink-182

10. Everlong - Foo Fighters

11. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor

12. Feel the Pain - Dinosaur Jr.

13. Float On - Modest Mouse

14. Hollywood Nights - Bob Seger

15. Hot for Teacher - Van Halen

16. Hotel California - The Eagles

17. In the End - Linkin Park

18. The Joker - Steve Miller Band

19. Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups

20. Light My Fire - The Doors

21. Livin’ on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

22. Love Me Two Times - The Doors

23. Low (Travis Barker Remix) - Flo Rida featuring T-Pain

24. Misery Business - Paramore

25. Mr. Crowley - Ozzy Osbourne

26. Never Too Late - The Answer

27. No Sleep Till Brooklyn - Beastie Boys

28. Nuvole e Lenzuola - Negramaro

29. Obstacle 1 - Interpol

30. One Armed Scissor - At the Drive-In

31. Overkill - Motorhead

32. Purple Haze (Live) - Jimi Hendrix

33. Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

34. Rooftops - Lostprophets

35. Santeria - Sublime

36. Some Might Say - Oasis

37. Stillborn - Black Label Society

38. Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast - Airbourne

39. Trapped Under Ice - Metallica

40. Up Around the Bend - Creedence Clearwater Revival

41. Weapon of Choice - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

42. What I’ve Done - Linkin Park

43. The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix

Ozzy!

New Gameplay vids

Bon Jovi

Linkin Park

Michael "Kiddyfiddler" Jackson

Coldplay

Foo Fighters

Can't wait to do a few songs like Eye of the Tiger and In the End. A lot of songs I want to go try,

lmao, noise cancelling "silent" drum heads my arse :indeed:

I'll be wrapping the drum sticks in cotton wool for late night play then...

Apparently Guitar Hero World Tour on the Wii allows you to use Mii's!

From IGN:

Guitar Hero World Tour Does Miis

For once, a multi-console third-party game is set to hit Wii later this year with all of the features of its Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 counterparts. Guitar Hero World Tour, developed by Vicarious Visions, boasts the full roster of songs ad play modes, plus a fully functioning online component, not to mention all of the downloadable content that Wii owners can handle. And it's even got an exclusive addition or two up its sleeves.

On Wednesday, publisher Activision revealed from the German Games Convention that Guitar Hero World Tour for Wii will include a Wii-specific "Mii Freestyle" mode that "connects players to the music and adds yet another layer of personalization to the game." Of course, you'll be able to import your favorite Miis into the experience, but there's a little more to the feature than that. If you so desire, Mii Freestyle will make playing music a lttle easier with some helpful guidance, and you'll even be able to use the Wii remote and nuchuk to "air drum." To help explain everything in detail, we chatted with the game's executive producer, David Nathanielsz, who kindly digs into the nitty-gritty details below.

IGN: Tell us the about Mii Freestyle in Guitar Hero World Tour. How does it work?

David: Mii Freestyle is an exclusive, stand-alone mode in Guitar Hero World Tour for the Wii. Mii Freestyle gives you the power to freely improvise and create music on the fly, but is very simple to use -- so you don't have to know a thing about music or music theory to sound good.

You can play single-player or multi-player with your own Mii as either a guitarist or drummer in your band. You can use the guitar controller, the drum controller, or even just a Wii remote and nunchuk to play air drums.

guitar-hero-world-tour-20080819115448617-000.jpg

If Mii Freestyle is not your thing, 'fret' not. World Tour includes all the features of its counterparts, too, so you won't miss a thing.

IGN: You describe an "intuitive pick-up-and-play mechanic." Please elaborate. How's that work?

David: Mii Freestyle is all about improvization and is just as intuitive and simple to pick up as Guitar Hero is. The only difference is that instead of matching the notes that are coming down the highway at you, you get to lay those notes down yourself on the fly. You use the guitar controller to simulate playing different notes and chords along with a backing track. But we've done a lot of work for you, so that every note or chord you play will sound good.

And then, on top of that, you can also simulate playing different guitar riffs and licks with the press of a single fret button. This allows you to create amazing songs in a variety of different music genres, like rock, blues or metal.

Really, though, it's tough to convey the mechanics by just describing them -- you're going to have to try the mode out to fully understand how easy and fun it is.

IGN: How does Freestyle mode provide "guidance" to players?

David: That's a great question. Through the development of the mode we discovered that even though we were making a tool for players to jam out and create any piece of music they wanted, that players still need a little guidance to get comfortable with the mode before freely improvising. We solved that problem by using a system of cards to inspire players. In Mii Freestyle, depending on the tilt of your controller, you are shown a selection of cards with different note sequences on them. These cards are recommendations for good sounding chords or licks and help players find the style that's right for them. Once you get a few cards under your belt it's easy to create your own hooks and build your own rock opus. But there's no requirement to play them, so if you want to ignore the cards and immediately start shredding like a rock star, you can.

guitar-hero-world-tour-20080819115446835-000.jpg

Poof! And like that, Activision sold 800,000 additional copies of World Tour to Nintendo's expanded audience.

IGN: Wii Music's drum mode is insultingly bad. How do your air drum controls work?

David: Our air drum controls are very simple, but give you great depth to create your own unique drum tracks for Mii Freestyle. Basically, you use a Wii remote and nunchuk like two drumsticks, swinging downward to create a drum hit. Your drum kit has a hi-hat, snare, two toms, cymbals and kick pedal -- all activated by doing a simple downward motion. We've also made a recording function that gives you the power to lay down different drumbeats that loop continuously. With one button press you can sequence your creations to back-up your guitar track in a continuous rhythm loop. But to have the feel of real drumsticks in your hands, you can always plug your Guitar Hero drum kit controller in and bang away to Mii Freestyle without air drum controls.

IGN: Why should fans be excited about this mode, in your opinion?

David: In many ways, Mii Freestyle is a helpful bridge between the core game and the Music Studio in Guitar Hero: World Tour for Wii owners. The Music Studio is a deep, sophisticated tool for creating your own note charts and songs, and then sharing them online. It's an incredibly rich mode to the game that gives you the power to make your own songs that are playable in game.

We started experimenting all the way back during Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock development. When we just started out we wanted to do something in a music rhythm game that hadn't really been done before. We gathered our Guitar Hero designers and the professional musicians in our audio design group to make a mode that made you feel like an expert but was accessible to everyone. Since then we've spent many, many months crafting, refining and improving this mode and we couldn't be more excited about it!

You can get lost in this mode for hours and hours, jamming out and creating your own masterpieces. It really gives you the feeling of being an expert musician and the ability to create and jam to brand new musical compositions.

Mii Freestyle is pick up and play for everyone, allowing you to improvise and freestyle live immediately. You don't have to have any musical training and it's so easy to use that everyone will be able to enjoy this mode. But once you've mastered Freestyle, you'll have the expertise and creativity to use the Music Studio to make great compositions from scratch.

lmao, noise cancelling "silent" drum heads my arse :indeed:

Yeah the noise of the drums in the Coldplay video is horrendous but strangely fine in the other vids - maybe they had the mic too close to them.

Pre-ordered this on Play.com last night at £149.99, though hopefully the price will come down £10 or £20 before release.

You get an extra free Wireless Bass Guitar Controller if you pre-order with them also! Perfect for multiplayer!

1. About a Girl - Nirvana

5. Beat It - Michael Jackson

9. Dammit - Blink-182

10. Everlong - Foo Fighters

13. Float On - Modest Mouse

30. One Armed Scissor - At the Drive-In

Those are the songs I'm looking forward to the most (especially Everlong, hence it being in bold) although some are in both this and Rock Band 2.

I love that Ozzy is in it, simply because I love Ozzy Osbourne. :grin:

I'm really looking forward to this and RB2. It's going to be awesome! :yay:

Pre-ordered this on Play.com last night at £149.99, though hopefully the price will come down £10 or £20 before release.

You get an extra free Wireless Bass Guitar Controller if you pre-order with them also! Perfect for multiplayer!

Yup I've ordered it too!

Are they going to be offering a better bundle though? Like one with just the game and the drums or something? Seems a bit of a rip to have to buy another guitar.

Are they going to be offering a better bundle though? Like one with just the game and the drums or something? Seems a bit of a rip to have to buy another guitar.

I believe the guitar is different from the GH3 one

Yeah it has a weird touch thing.

Look pretty good and I like the Linkin Park-ness...

But surely you will be able to use your GH3 guitar still? If not I can see this coming nowhere near to GH3 in sales, it just costs way too much.

I guess I would rather just buy the game and drums then too. Though if you can only buy the full set or just the game, I'll probably go for the full set and get a second guitar for bass.

I preordered the 360 one purely because i have no space on my Wii to hold anything anymore...£150 with a free controller is pretty good, though i may cancel it nearer the time..Part of me was hoping this is delayed till 2009 actually..

£150 is just to much for me for a game. No-one will use the mic, a brand new guitar for the game is a pain, then the bass for free which no-one would use. Only one I would play is drums and guitar but just don't want to have to pay for a set straight away or buy a new guitar for the new game. So it's no point me getting a set when i'll be the only one using them.

Drums and game would be decent for me. I'm a poor Uni student :heh:

I preordered the 360 one purely because i have no space on my Wii to hold anything anymore...£150 with a free controller is pretty good, though i may cancel it nearer the time..Part of me was hoping this is delayed till 2009 actually..

You can use an SD card to store and stream downloadable content. :)