NEurope
Choze

MAG -Massive Action Game

What are the different factions? How does it affect gameplay experience... I wanna play with N-E guys so need to choose carefullu...

I'm sad like this, got to level 5 as Valor and didn't want to lose data etc so I never bothered with the other factions. Was tempted with Raven but they looked like a team that smug wankers would choose so I didn't join. ("Why didn't you then har?!")

Flameboy it basically affects appearance, types of weapons and a couple of other minor factors (speed maybe?).

I'm sad like this, got to level 5 as Valor and didn't want to lose data etc so I never bothered with the other factions. Was tempted with Raven but they looked like a team that smug wankers would choose so I didn't join. ("Why didn't you then har?!")

Flameboy it basically affects appearance, types of weapons and a couple of other minor factors (speed maybe?).

Thats what I thought too, with their shiny weapons and battle simulators. So I went with S.V.E.R, all badass with my hoody on and everything.

I was thinking that but stupidly thought for some reason that they'd have shoddy shotgun weapons etc. Basically I just chose Mario in Mario Sports titles. You can't really go wrong with that choice.

I was thinking that but stupidly thought for some reason that they'd have shoddy shotgun weapons etc. Basically I just chose Mario in Mario Sports titles. You can't really go wrong with that choice.

What would you suggest for someone who picks Luigi's in sports titles?!:heh:

Lol.

I could tell you what Luigi would do if he got a beta code - he'd note down the code from the email, delete the email, and then he'd stumble and drop the note into a drain, splitting his head open in the process.

I like the look of sver too. They are the most unique. Scavenger looking weapons but they sound the toughest. Playing as valor right now. But open to change.

Lol.

I could tell you what Luigi would do if he got a beta code - he'd note down the code from the email, delete the email, and then he'd stumble and drop the note into a drain, splitting his head open in the process.

that wouldn't be a problem he would just whip out his Poltergust 3000 and suck it back out of the drain!

That's a very good point. To this day his mansion game has eluded me.

Argh! It's awesome! Anyway downloading the updates 310.85MB out of 2661.35MB (11%) downloaded in about 15 mins so far...

Urgh...got disconnected when it was downloading...can't get it to start downloading again...I'll try it in the morning and leave it running whilst I'm at work

I've chosen Valor so I can be a generic soldier.

Thats how i feel. Shall we change to SVER?

Raven are just high tech Valor :p

If stats didnt count i wouldnt care ,but they are counting lol.

For upgrades i am going multipatch for now. Getting the detection kits and rifle upgrades.

Urgh...got disconnected when it was downloading...can't get it to start downloading again...I'll try it in the morning and leave it running whilst I'm at work

Yeah it sucks. Wait till you find out you have specific times to play at.

I'm gonna go for SVER...left the update downloading whilst I'm at work so heres hoping it not disconnected...will get home about 7.30ish tonight.

Flame, you'll have to either play for 20 minutes before 8 when you get back or wait til midnight to play then. Not the best server times really.

Btw you can all switch to SVER, I'll stay with Valor. I doubt I'll get the final thing anyway, unless it scores very well.

I am valor for now you can change factions later anyway after leveling up. Think prestige.

For those confused about Gameplay just follow the flashing red icons as an attacker. Pay attention to the HUD.

Flame, you'll have to either play for 20 minutes before 8 when you get back or wait til midnight to play then. Not the best server times really.

Btw you can all switch to SVER, I'll stay with Valor. I doubt I'll get the final thing anyway, unless it scores very well.

well will just have to pop on for 20 mins then...am knackered no chance of me still being up till 12 perhaps on friday night will cos no work next week but no on a school night :heh:

Today was ok but they need to make changes to the mode they were testing. I prefer all the other game types.

Attackers were getting destroyed. Live the unlocks.

Edited by Choze

Well managed to fit in one game last night picked SVER. I finished with 4 kills 11 deaths 2 assists and 1 streak and leveled up to level 3...

I found it ok was defending a bunker and didn't find there to be much going on, no attackers reaching us so guessing people further up the field of war were doing their jobs, I stormed forward a few times and either got warned that I was out of bounds or got butchered to death!

It'll take a lot of convincing for me to think that this is anything but a shit game. The unlocks are cool but it's generally just poor. I don't care if it's a beta, it needs to be way more fun/engaging.

It'll take a lot of convincing for me to think that this is anything but a shit game. The unlocks are cool but it's generally just poor. I don't care if it's a beta, it needs to be way more fun/engaging.

I would have to say I'm not gonna go as far to say its shit but I agree it needs to be more engaging, for me so far doesn't look like it would warrant a full price purchase when a FPS with a solid single player and possibly a better multiplayer can be bought for the same sort of price...

Couldn't disagree more. This could well be the best online game in a long time. It blows the likes of battlefield and uncharted beta out of the water abs I really like those. Had some amazing games. With different abilites it's insane. Love how it's all open ended. I look forward to coming home because of this.

Battlefield developers should take notes. Lag is also non existent making the gun play really fast and precise. Battlefield on pc has never been as unlaggy as this.

are you SVER choze? perhaps will have to come online with you sometime and see if its better for it..

Hmmm I wrote a comment ages ago but seems to have not been put through.

I like the customisation and unlocks, that stuff is good. Also had an entertaining kill streak of 9 with an assult rifle and grenades.

However different phases of the battle are more interesting than others. Sometimes you're battling near the frontier and you have a fun firefight, the next minute your trudging a mile to get somewhere and your team can't advance if it isn't good enough.

Most games I've had a negative K/D and it isn't fun dying more times than you kill.

Maybe it isn't shit, but it's not as hot as Choze is making it out to be. The lack of lag is VERY impressive however.