NEurope
Choze

MAG -Massive Action Game

New SD German trailer:

http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/massiveactiongame/videos/10315

Its German so you might want to wait for the English and HD version?

Looks insane. We need to recruit an army not a clan.

Eurogamer hands on:

MAG is fun. In fact, it's massive fun. It's fast and loose, free-flowing, improvisational, spectacular, structured without being too rigid; it accommodates lone wolves, team players and power-trippers alike, and makes it easy for players themselves to direct the action. You'd expect it to be intimidating, but it actually feels like the FPS for everybody. Even after just one 20-minute, 128-player match, it's hard to shake the feeling that, one day, all multiplayer shooters will be made in its image.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/mag-hands-on

md_apr17_MAG_21.png.jpg

2.jpg.jpg

4.jpg.jpg

1.jpg.jpg

md_cosmo_MAG_24.png.jpg

md_apr17_MAG_17.png.jpg

:D

Yeah OK it looks awesome but I am not paying more than 1 fee.

Yeah OK it looks awesome but I am not paying more than 1 fee.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/massive-action-game/9182

Online architecture interview. Lets see if they mention its free or not? {ersonally i am not aware of anything that allows it.

Nothing about fees yet. Hopefully free. :D Sound slike the net tech is brand new just for this game!

Edited by Choze

Wasn't this meant to be 250 players before? Now its only 120? Only lol.

'Only' He says! Heh, killzone 'only' has 32 and we are quite happy with that :heh:

256. Press could only do 128. The game has varied mission sizes so you could do 1v1 to 128 v 128. Sounds really good from the previews. Alot of people will really enjoy this. The scale will make it feel like you are part of something huge.

Edited by Choze

'Only' He says! Heh, killzone 'only' has 32 and we are quite happy with that :heh:

That's why I edited the end part of the comment lol.

For those worried. This game is free to play.

Sony will provide the servers across the world for free.

That is brilliant news, lets hope they launch some mega powerful servers. The guns look brilliant.

you're surprised it's free?

this isn't an MMO, it's just big

looking ridiculously cool i have to say. makes me really want a ps3!

For those worried. This game is free to play.

Sony will provide the servers across the world for free.

Excellent!! Good to hear! :)

*beckons Dan Dare to the dark side*

Why do people pay up to £40 for XBL again?

you're surprised it's free?

this isn't an MMO, it's just big

Sorry I forgot that Xbox 360 allows you to play 250 players online for free.

I'm just relieved that it's a one-off charge because I think it looks amazingly good for the amount on screen at once.

Apparently any noise or explosion you hear in the distance is actually part of the battle. None of it is staged - it's all real-time stuff.

Why do people pay up to £40 for XBL again?

Because they want to use it.

Woah, blindsighted by stupidity there. What's that about?

Anyway, this really interests me... another game that makes me wanna buy a PS3... I'm really looking forward to seeing more at E3.

Well no it's just it obviously isn't easy to keep this sort of game running purely on the basis that software sales will make enough revenue. I thought that comment I made sounded rash but oh well, I guess I'm just happy and having a pop at the rival console at the same time.

Rival console? I'm confused, which console did you make?

The 360 is not a rival console, it's another option for the consumer. Until people stop taking sides in an imaginary war, the growth of videogames as a whole will be stunted by its audience.

Anyway, speaking of imaginary war this game sounds quite interesting. I'm not sure if it's really for me as I get the impression its aimed at the SOCOM crowd — they're a bit like so-called Madden or Fifa gamers, only really playing one or two games a year — but at least it's putting its own spin on the console FPS model. Of course the important part is how it actually plays, so I'm not going to pass any sort of judgement until the Beta.

The way in which it's supposedly suited for team players and lone wolves is the part I like. I love to just run off on my own; and doing that in a huge war... awesome, I'm really excited.

That's what has me excited for this. I'd love to be the leader of a small squadron of troops. I'd love to be in a group and take over a spawn point in an awesome battle. I'd love to just run off by myself behind enemy lines and kill a load of people.

And it sounds like this will let me do all of that. I'm extremely excited by this game. I just hope that others will play sportingly and you know, not be dickheads like most people are when others don't know who they are and all they're represented by are a voice and an alias.

How is the 360 not a rival console? It competes against the ps3 for sales and it divides people on what they buy in many circumstances, it just happens that I preferred the look of Playstation (as in games). It is a rival console.

Neither is there a war, it's just that it is annoying that the 2 HD machines couldn't become one because it means consumers have to miss out on stuff unless they have both, which is annoying. Both offer relatively similar things.

The servers will be distributed in major places so we should be fine. PS blog have a Q&A session on as well. This game should take off where Battlefield on the pc left off.

e3 will probably show more. Would be cool if they did an e3 video like Killzone 2 where they showcased all the classes.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/05/04/mag-your-questions-answered-live-chat-announcement/

Makes the live fee look all the more silly, there is nothing wrong with pointing that out. Sony have definately pushed ahead with online games this generation. MS need to do much more than just 'more party options'. Thats not even taking into the account the fee they slapped on. I would prefer if MS innovated abit.

Edited by Choze

I'm just relieved that it's a one-off charge because I think it looks amazingly good for the amount on screen at once.

Apparently any noise or explosion you hear in the distance is actually part of the battle. None of it is staged - it's all real-time stuff.

what the fuck are you on about?

I didn't mention the 360. It's got nothing to do with this game being free to play at all.

Looking back I apologise but before I perceived it as a snide comment.