NEurope
Choze

MAG -Massive Action Game

mag-logo.jpg

Website and universe: http://www.mag.com

Tools, skill points guide: http://www.maggametools.com

Leaderboards: http://www.magleaderboards.com (unoffical, incomplete).

Online Only MMO FPS. The game uses a new server architecture to support online battles with up to 256 players. A unique fps that utilises tactical and teamwork aspects of online fps extremely well. Features a chain of command and customisable abilites. The game has considerably improved each patch.

Factions

The game contains three different PMC factions:

Raven Industries, a faction with high-tech weapons and armor, comprising of West European Countries such as Germany, Italy and France and The Netherlands, prizing technological advancement as key to winning.

Seryi Volk Executive Response (SVER), a guerilla style military force with personnel drawn from China, India, Russia, and other countries in Asia, east Europe and Africa; infamous for their passion of battle.

Valor Company, whose soldiers are equipped with more standard-styled weaponry. They comprise of seasoned veterans from the United States, United Kingdom and Mexico; believing that knowledge in battle is strength.

Raven Recruitment Video:

SVER Recruitment Video:

Valor Recruitment Video:

Game Modes

Suppression: Team Deathmatch. Now faction neutral. 64 players.

Sabotage: Secure two uplink stations at the same time to unveil a third and final target. 64 players.

Acquisition: Secure and steal two prototype transports successfully from the enemy's base. Features Command structure and active powers. 128 players.

Interdiction (dlc): 3 bases for grabs in tug of war. Team with most possesion wins. Each squad has a unique APC. 128 players.

Domination: Main mode of MAG. Multilayered defence and attack. Opposing team must defend or attack control panels. To open the control panels, cooling towers must be destroyed first. 256 players. Ofcourse its not that simple depending on your opponent. 256 players.

Escalation Beta/dlc 2011: 3 Way team battle. 3 teams fight for 3 control panels. After holding two a fourth panel appears. This must be defended to win. Tug of war battle. 96 players.

Edited by Choze

Where do I sigh!?! :heh:

I'm sure that was a typo, but that's actually pretty much how I feel towards MAG.

I'm not saying it will be a terrible game, it just strikes me as rather uninspiring.

I'm sure that was a typo, but that's actually pretty much how I feel towards MAG.

I'm not saying it will be a terrible game, it just strikes me as rather uninspiring.

Freudian slip. :heh:

On paper this looks awesome but when it comes to it I'm not sure I'll be so keen. Like to think I would be though.

This has so much potential, if they can make the objectives and and levels really tactical, and punish non-collaborating players this could be Massive. Maybe in a not so distant future I'll be a part of the N-E army.

I'm not really sure how this game will play but...

What I think would be immense would be say 20 N-Europers getting online, forming a squad, going up in a plane together, chatting away via headsets as you assend, then the back of the plane opens, "go-go-go" and our squad parachutes in to kick some!

this could be good, but numbers aren't everything. WoW has huge numbers in PvP but it's shit, while Left4Dead has just 4 and sounds like it's shaping up to be one of the best games this gen.

We'll see- it's more about having the appropriate numbers for the design.

I'll join in with this.

The game sounds great.

Its by Zipper so they have some experience with socom. Which got very popular

in the US.

But 256 players is uncharted territory. Hopefully its great and fun. They seem to be stressing squads and breakdown of groups in the trailer.

Yeah the SOCOM community is huge and pretty hardcore. A lot of them play with no respawns etc...

My guess for the 256 to be properly fulfilled they will have less servers intially otherwise players may be to thinly spread.

how the hell does anyone run an fps server like this? madness.

MMOs are the closest point of reference but they're typically laggy and would never support an fps. Also, you pay for them!

still, even without a ps3 I'm looking forward to seeing if this works just out of curiosity.

I wish this game had a better name than "MASSIVE ACTION GAME", it's as if they couldn't come up with anything.

"What do we call it, though? Keep in mind three things; it's a huge project, on a massive scale even. It's got action, tons of it. And it's a game. Any ideas?"

it's a shit, shit name. possibly the shittest ever? It must be temporary, like a tech project name they haven't replaced.

I dont mind the acronym MAG itself though.

I uspposse that is the games unique selling point so thye would want to go all out. Personally add something before MAG. MAG could be the subtitle.

I dont mind the acronym MAG itself though.

I uspposse that is the games unique selling point so thye would want to go all out. Personally add something before MAG. MAG could be the subtitle.

What like SOCOM; MAG?!:heh:

I dont mind the name. Its the quality of the game.

I got into the SOCOM beta and i really love it so far. Have high hopes for MAG since its from the original SOCOM team.

Love Battlefield too so you can see where this is going :heh:

First game i've seen which is making me consider buying a PS3. Playing as a forum against other forums could be very cool.

I will preliminary sign up. However i shall wait to see how the game turns out. But if done right this could turn out to be very good indeed! N-europe to rule the world!

First game i've seen which is making me consider buying a PS3. Playing as a forum against other forums could be very cool.

Seconded. It would be my kind of game, pity I can't use Playstation controllers for shooters...

I will preliminary sign up. However i shall wait to see how the game turns out. But if done right this could turn out to be very good indeed! N-europe to rule the world!

Alot of really good players here on N-europe. MAG is going to need really good coordination too. 128 on one side is tough thought here is always smaller games sizes.:smile:

leaked pics. Looks amazing, would love more large scale shots. Bear in mind this is the biggest online fps scale and player wise so detail will be compromised but the sight of planes , many parachutes etc. will make the feeling of being in battle great if 64 players games are anything to go by.

3409712239_3025676114_b.jpg

3410520712_a56200f120_b.jpg

3409711805_04a30ecaab_b.jpg

3409712661_0abd8f3fe6_b.jpg

3410523046_bb1dc36688_b.jpg

3409712823_20786f2c20_b.jpg

3409712391_4613eb1371_b.jpg

3409712993_a27136e4a2_b.jpg

3410522790_1d43306efc_b.jpg

3410519602_00d7f6ca46.jpg?v=0

3409710635_b83de01685.jpg?v=0

3409710345_7d936831f3.jpg?v=0

3409710047_700df5c6bc.jpg?v=0

3410519602_00d7f6ca46.jpg?v=0

This game has huge potential.

I wasn't actually too hyped on this game before, but after seeing those leaked screens, I'm pretty excited for it!

Any other info on it atm?