NEurope
MadDog

EVE Online

Great timing, just started downloading the free trial a couple of hours ago, want to try it out to see what its like.

Is it hard to get into? Not even sure what to expect as I haven't checked out any media of the game but just going in on good impressions from a friend.

You'll want to go through the full beginners tutorial at least once.

If i was going to play another MMO, it'd be this. How much a month is it again?

I buy the Timecodes every 60 days. They cost about £20.

You'll want to go through the full beginners tutorial at least once.

Yeh definitely do go through tutorial. If not then you will be very lost.

Great timing, just started downloading the free trial a couple of hours ago, want to try it out to see what its like.

Is it hard to get into? Not even sure what to expect as I haven't checked out any media of the game but just going in on good impressions from a friend.

The interface is overwhelming when you first start be is very rewarding when you get into the game.

I got the trial a few days back, it's a nice game, but I'd prefer being able to move and fight in a manner that wasn't just point and click...

Yeah that's what bored me in the end Fish. It's very boring very quick. Very twink-y.

If i was going to play another MMO, it'd be this. How much a month is it again?

Europe

Cost/month* Total cost*

1-month-plan € 14.95 € 14.95

3-month-plan € 12.95 € 38.85

6-month-plan € 11.95 € 71.70

12-month-plan € 10.95 € 131.40

I was a Gallante Federation player with a BS at one point. It was fun but I can't twink at all, so I gave up. EVE probably isn't my kind of game.

You should ask Brian Mcoy about this kinda stuff, however.

Europe

Cost/month* Total cost*

1-month-plan € 14.95 € 14.95

3-month-plan € 12.95 € 38.85

6-month-plan € 11.95 € 71.70

12-month-plan € 10.95 € 131.40

a little expensive. Maybe when I'm working I'll get a sub. I really enjoyed the trial when I downloaded it a while back. There's something aquite serene about the whole thing.

Don't forget you can pay with your ingame currency if you start playing proper (at least that was the case when I played :/ )

You can buy timecodes with your in-game money.

For 60 days its about 350 million ISK

So its quite alot....

I would rather just spend my own money rather than saving up ingame for 60 days to pay to do it all over again.

It used to be easy to get 350m back when I played. Actually that's probably because I was in no-sec space >_<

Yeah lol, ive just spent a few days with a corp in 0.0 :)

Great fun, and can make about 15mil a hour mining there. :)

I always wanted to give EVE Online a proper try, looks like I'll finally be able to.

After 13 years, Eve Online will become free to play

Internet spaceship MMO Eve Online will be free to play from this November via a new offering similar to World of Warcraft's free offering.

The change comes after a veteran 13 years of operation, and alongside the upcoming Clone States expansion.

Like WOW, Eve Online will soon let players venture into its full world - albeit with some limitations. In WOW this is a level cap of 20. In Eve, it will be restrictions to training on just the most-used ships.

Eve Online's current trial account system which will be retired alongside the November update.

Existing characters will become "Omega clones", with the same unlimited access to skill progression and rapid training. Nothing will change there.

All new characters will become "Alpha clones", able to fully explore and trade in the Eve universe but whose ability to train is limited to a specific set of commonly-flown ships.

"We've been doing everything we can to bring more people into our spectacular sandbox," developer CCP explained. "Part of our vision for the future of Eve has included more open access for some time, but with the interconnected nature of the game comes vulnerability.

"We knew that if the floodgates were opened in the wrong way, we could see anything from server meltdowns to the collapse of the Eve economy. Over time, our hardware has improved, code has been untangled (mostly!) and we've found a design we believe in. Eve is ready for this."

History has shown Eve to be its most exciting - and most accessible to non-Eve players - when hundreds or thousands of players get involved at the same time and usually get into an enormous scrap in the process. A more open, more inviting game will only make this kind of event more common.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-31-after-13-years-eve-online-will-become-free-to-play

It's a game that always has very cool sounding battle write-up stories on gaming blogs but is one that imagine might not be that fun to play. Spreadsheet manager 2016?

Also...holy shit. MadDog above. :(