NEurope
Wesley

Think you'll remember this place in years to come?

Well shoot! Was your name Jim on their too? I think I remember a Jim!

I know there was trouble towards the end - and then one admin deleted it. Cuh.

Sure was :) I liked the broad range of discussion there, the Anime and Music forums were good fun for me. The GameCube forum was so full of fanboys, had some great arguements there and i was the mod of the gameboy forum so i was always trying to keep it semi-active there :P The best forum in the hay-day was the general chat though. Don't know what it was but I've never found another forum quite like it, their general chat forum was very unique. Maybe it was the members, I'm not sure, but I wasted alot of time there :)

This place was always my favourite though, mainly cos it really felt like something I'd built together with Tim, Sven, and to a lesser extent Gerben! I can't believe what it's grown into nowadays. I remember back in the day there was about 5 regular posters - Me, Tim, Gerben, Pesten, and Rob. We had some crazy discussions back then!

I wonder how many people here remember the old old old days... Lets see...

If you remember the C-E Elite, your not a noob!

If you remember Laikmosh, you are old-school.

If you remember when it was all about the post count, you are very old-school! ps. +1

If you remember the forum wars with the guys from Nbrid (or something like that, fuck i cant remember now :( ) you are very very old-school! (edit: http://www.nbrid.net/forums/)

If you remember the forums BEFORE the Xzorbit ones you are hardcore! :D

Geez there were some good times. I wonder if a thing like C-E Elite would work anymore. Back in the day I made it to give regular posters something to strive for. Since moderator spots were fairly scarce, I wanted something else that people could aim for by making good posts and quality discussions. I think it worked pretty well back then. It caused a little drama here and there though as some people just didn't know what its intentions were. But nothing goes by without trouble, overall i think it was very successful. Alot of the C-E Elite guys are still around today :o

We removed the whole "elite" status.

People got real bitchy about it...

I noticed :) When the place got bigger, people got a bit jealous about not being let in I guess. Back in the day it gave the regular posters something to aim for, and it worked really well. But the forum out grew that kind of thing i guess, it got a bit 'full' and regular posters were missing out hence the bitching etc. :( oh wells, it was good fun when it lasted. I remember the forum comps we ran and stuff, very good fun!

But the forum out grew that kind of thing i guess, it got a bit 'full' and regular posters were missing out hence the bitching etc.

They really weren't. We were all too bone idle to actually do stuff.

haha, true, felt they were missing out then =)

edit. wow ive posted like 6 times today :eek: *lurks back into the shadows*

I'm just looking at NBrid now, I searched Cube-Europe and a load of posts came up, they really hated us. :heh: They wanted to contact Planet-GameCube and warn them about us when they sourced us once. :D

Haha, if you're interested in the story behind it all pm me about it some time :) It was all out war :D But we eventually made nice hehe. I can't believe they have the same forums still, thats amazing.

I joined here in January 2002 so I think I have already done the "remembering this place in years to come" part

I would never forget this place, I spend most of my internet time on it. Apart from Gamefaqs its the only forum that I use and I know its already been said by others but I have also made many an internet friend on here.

Haha, if you're interested in the story behind it all pm me about it some time :) It was all out war :D But we eventually made nice hehe. I can't believe they have the same forums still, thats amazing.

I shall do, I need to hear more. I just found a post where the owner declares "ALL OUT FUCKING WAR" on C-E.

http://www.nbrid.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18301&highlight=cubeeurope#18301

The main orchestrator thinks he's actually planning a battle. :D

I shall do, I need to hear more. I just found a post where the owner declares "ALL OUT FUCKING WAR" on C-E.

http://www.nbrid.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18301&highlight=cubeeurope#18301

The main orchestrator thinks he's actually planning a battle. :D

Jesus christ that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard to be frank, I could have said worse there, but I don't know any of the story. Unless someone wants to fill me in?

I've been here 7months so I can't say for sure whether I'll remember it, but I'll remember the people I met like raining ^_^ and shadow because of talking to them on msn. (unless of course they remind me of where I met them!)

I used to be on another forum for a good number of years growing up, I still remember that forum, infact I think I need to go back and say hello on their new forum!

:yay:

Anything good happen here in the last few months then.

These forum has been the only forum i have been a 'proper' member for. I have posted a couple of times on the offical xbox forum but i don't really count that.

I think i will prob remember this place for quite awhile :)

There are no randomly capitalised "N's" in your name. How do you expect to gain respect with all lower case letters?

People demand discipline! Give them an underscore or two, and show them whose boss.

You Can Doo Eeet!

Pfft, sarkas_girly ;)

I joined here in January 2002 so I think I have already done the "remembering this place in years to come" part

The same with me but i joined on the 1st of Jan 2003 at 1am. :)

I'll always remember the attack on the scifi forums fondly.

Me too rokhed00.

Tell me more. :)

Must've been before your time, my first major thread, mid '02 I think, I managed to mobilize the forum to shut down the forums of the scifi channel.

Man, of course I'm going to remember this place. I hope there aren't plans to shut it down. I've round these parts for years now and it has been the only forum I've remained an active part of, mainly due to the fact you lot are a pretty amazing bunch of people.

Must've been before your time, my first major thread, mid '02 I think, I managed to mobilize the forum to shut down the forums of the scifi channel.

Fucking LOL, that was so fun. I remember I created an account on their forum called "Anamo_Smells" since it was Anamo we were attacking...I think. Or that might have been another forum.

Apple and Fred tore that place apart. 17 forum pages of spam. They actually locked down the forums to stop the carnage, hahahaha. I also remember the very frequent attacks on the Gamezville forums. :)

You were the fourth.

Actually he was 3rd ;) I'd guess you're going by the member number '4' in his profile URL, but number 1 isn't actually a member.

Shorty tells the truth.

Also, Franklin modified his join date, so that it included his C-E join date...prick. :heh:

Fucking LOL, that was so fun. I remember I created an account on their forum called "Anamo_Smells" since it was Anamo we were attacking...I think. Or that might have been another forum.

Apple and Fred tore that place apart. 17 forum pages of spam. They actually locked down the forums to stop the carnage, hahahaha. I also remember the very frequent attacks on the Gamezville forums. :)

Was a right laugh wasn't it, think I adapted a catchphrase to 'remember the anamo' for its purposes.

So I was 7th? Not that it mattered.. I couldn't post anything for like 12 months cos the shithead admins screwed my permissions >:( :(

Was a right laugh wasn't it, think I adapted a catchphrase to 'remember the anamo' for its purposes.

It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on here. Ever. Haha, don't think I ever laughed so much.

What catchphrase was that?

Jim: Blame Platty. YES!

Guys....can we attack another forum?

It sounds like ridiculous fun.

I'm ashamed to say I thought that too...

I'm ashamed to say I thought that too...

What he said, except without the shame.