NEurope
Wesley

Think you'll remember this place in years to come?

I ask, because most of tonight I've suddenly been trying to find people who went on gamecubexl.com. Years and years ago. I think I was around... 11?

Anyway, I've found quite a few who are still on a forum that spun off from it, nintendonow.com

I'm not sure what brought it on. Do you guys reckon you'll think about this place in years to come?

Aw man... thinking about that old forum brings back some awesome, awesome memories. I was the perfect age for fanboy forum lovin'. Jesus I wish I had a backup of the entire forums so I could read.. me. Being an idiot. And having fun. :(

This forum is the first forum I ever joined. So I think I'll remember it.

Well it's been like... seven years since I first came here, or something. I now live with someone that I met on here, so I'm sure it'll be a factor of my life for some time to come :)

N-E and its progenitors have been a part of my life for longer than primary school. I remember that, so I'd say this forum will stick with me.

I think I'll remember a different forum more so. But this place will always have a spot in my warm heart.

I recently thought about the very first forum I joined. So I think I'll remember this one too.

Yes.

Whether I look back on this place fondly or not is something we'll have to see.

I will. Most other forums I've looked at the community is shit. This one will always stand out to me. Plus I'll probably stay here for a while yet.

Yeah I will first and so far only forum.

Been here for years now, staffer and all and I want to stay here aslong as possible. So hopefully if all goes to plan, in years to come, it's not the question if i'll remember this place, more of will I remember older members who left and/or maybe coming back :heh:

Can't see myself forgetting this place... I generally remember even most insignificant things about the past, and as somewhere I've spent over 5 years, CE/RE/NE is certainly significant.

Yes, but purely because this place is a figment of my imagination born of the eternal fires of THE FLAME OF PERSEPHONE!

How could I forget this place?

I've been here since I was like 13, and theres been so many memorable events, the hilarious name changing fiasco, the jordan avatar craze; also the fact Ive met some of you guys!! (including Jordan, lololol :heart: )

Viva la knee!!!

edit - I regret that last part already, but I'll leave it to remind myself how uncool I really am...

How could I forget this place?

Yeah people like us can't really ever forget this place can we?

Yeah most likely, been here for 3 years and I´m not planning on leaving.

This place also helped make the amazing revelation that my nickname sounds like Monday when pronounced with an English accent.

This of course is related to the name changing fiasco :Þ

I think so. Many a late night and internet friend are due to this forum.

I ask, because most of tonight I've suddenly been trying to find people who went on gamecubexl.com. Years and years ago. I think I was around... 11?

Anyway, I've found quite a few who are still on a forum that spun off from it, nintendonow.com

I'm not sure what brought it on. Do you guys reckon you'll think about this place in years to come?

Aw man... thinking about that old forum brings back some awesome, awesome memories. I was the perfect age for fanboy forum lovin'. Jesus I wish I had a backup of the entire forums so I could read.. me. Being an idiot. And having fun. :(

I was a moderator and long time member of gamecubexl.com at the same time that I was the chief admin here. That place died because the members who had been there since the early times started thinking they were above all the noobs, and just generally didn't seem to want new members hanging around. In the end, the people who made the place what it was found better things to do i guess, old moderators and admins left and either weren't replaced or were replaced with irresponsible dickheads :) In its last few months the place was more or less an unmoderated shit heap, and the owner eventually decided to pull the plug.

I think if more suitable people were given moderator powers, the place might still be going. *-europe has always had pretty logical people in control, hence why this place is still going strong :)

Well done to all the admins who took over after me, especially Sven and Svt4Him. They put some good harsh rules in place that really set the standard for this place today. The more recent admins have certainly done a great job in maintaining and also evolving those standards in a forum that is incredibly busy compared to what it was in my day! :)

First and only forum I'm a regular on. As dyson rightly said, manys a late night, and a lot of awesome internet friends, and a few real life ones for me. (soag, buttons, snowman)

I <3 KNEEEEE

I think I will definitely remember this place...one of the few forums that I go on practically every day if I can...been here since the good old cube-europe days!

I think I will, it's the only forum I'm a regular on, and, like Moogle, I'll probably still be on it.

Hell, I still think of DynastyGal whenever I hear the word "vegan"... :indeed:

I'm not convinced I'll survive long enough in the real world for it to become an issue.

No way I could forget this place now. I've made too many friends not too remember it for a long, long time.

I've been on this place in various forms for like 4/5 years now, most of that the forums have been my homepage.

Not gonna be changing anytime soon :p

This place is basically my life... how could i forget you guys? ;)