NEurope
Maverick

Sonic and the Black Knight

Played the 360 version. Found the sections where the camera was behind Sonic very difficult because the controls were pretty awful. Couldn't get many rings because of them. I suppose they could get better with practise but they just felt imprecise compared to that which was offered in Secret Rings.

There's no problems in the Wii version with controls and i'm sure the controls in Black Knight will be better like the Wii version of Unleashed and not the 360 one :heh:

I don't mind the idea of waggle for attack in this game, it makes sense with the swordplay after all and I kinda like the idea of running along with the analogue and slashing enemies as I go past.

Like running while slashing in Zelda I guess...except a lot faster!

Well that crushes the hopes of people wanting to play as Knuckles and Shadow in the story. But it seems promising enough.

If they have a multiplayer mode similar to Sonic Fighters I'll be quite happy :D

If they have a multiplayer mode similar to Sonic Fighters I'll be quite happy :D
As long as it's not like multiplayer in Secret Rings!

As long as it's not like multiplayer in Secret Rings!

I only bothered to play the multiplayer twice in that game. The first was a test on my own to see what it was like, and the other with somebody else to confirm my suspicions.

If it weren't for the loading, it might be a bit more serviceable but as it is... yawn. The only positive thing I can say about it is that since it was made by a separate team than that of the main game, it's inclusion certainly didn't adversely impact it.

new screenshots:

SBK_Event_Art04_med.jpgscreenshot_000000601_med.jpgscreenshot_000003191_med.jpgscreenshot_00000733_med.jpgscreenshot_00000742_med.jpg

screenshot_00000868_med.jpgscreenshot_00000796_med.jpgscreenshot_00000874_med.jpgSBK_Event_Art01_med.jpgscreenshot_00001026_med.jpg

screenshot_00001079_med.jpgscreenshot_00001091_med.jpgscreenshot_00001112_med.jpgscreenshot_00001187_med.jpg

screenshot_00001228_med.jpg

ESRB's description of the game: Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii) - This is an action adventure game in which players assume the role of Sonic the Hedgehog who is summoned to help save King Arthur’s Camelot. Players navigate through the kingdom by running and jumping around obstacles and collecting items such as gold rings. Sonic can slash at several phantom-like creatures with a sword, causing the creatures to flash and quickly disappear in a haze of purple mist. Players can also engage in one-on-one battles with fearsome knights, dragons, and boars. These boss battles usually involve more prolonged combat and sometimes are accompanied by realistic sounds of swords clashing and enemies crying out in pain.

I want to get a Sonic game for Wii at some point...I don't get what this game is though..is it just another gimmick for him, the sword?

If I'm looking a good traditional Sonic game, would Secret Rings be best?

I like his supporting cast, but from what I've heard, they're appearing less and less in the games.

The shots for this looks decent though.

I want to get a Sonic game for Wii at some point...I don't get what this game is though..is it just another gimmick for him, the sword?

If I'm looking a good traditional Sonic game, would Secret Rings be best?

I like his supporting cast, but from what I've heard, they're appearing less and less in the games.

The shots for this looks decent though.

I hated the controls for SatSR, otherwise it would have been pretty awesome. I found them the most frustrating controls for any game EVER.

Black Knight sounds wicked though, if I were you I'd wait for this. Probably the first Wii game I'll be getting in a while.

I hated the controls for SatSR, otherwise it would have been pretty awesome. I found them the most frustrating controls for any game EVER.

Black Knight sounds wicked though, if I were you I'd wait for this. Probably the first Wii game I'll be getting in a while.

Then you've missed out on a lot of great games :p

I think this game looks pretty good, though Nintendo Power gave it a pretty bad preview :(

I also really liked Sonic Secret Rings, when you're in front of Sonic trying to control it's pretty stupid, but other than that I found it really satisfying to control, especially when you knew the level and you could bomb through really fast!! Still need to finish it actually!!

Then you've missed out on a lot of great games :p

I think this game looks pretty good, though Nintendo Power gave it a pretty bad preview :(

I also really liked Sonic Secret Rings, when you're in front of Sonic trying to control it's pretty stupid, but other than that I found it really satisfying to control, especially when you knew the level and you could bomb through really fast!! Still need to finish it actually!!

They've reviewed it already? It's not out until March is it!? What score did they give it?

Yeah preview :D

Also, I'm sure everyone noticed the "Sonic Storybook Series". Planning more are they?!?!

Yeah preview :D

Also, I'm sure everyone noticed the "Sonic Storybook Series". Planning more are they?!?!

Wasn't it supposedly a trilogy? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Gotta say, this game looks rather promising. They should do a Sonic with the art style like that Sonic Storybook Series illustration, cus that looks good :P

Yeah I remember reading that as well.

Wi-fi connection support?

I don't think it's a trilogy. Just that there would be so many "sequels" based on other books/legends/whatever.