NEurope
Daft

DC Universe Online

Ah right, its been years since I last played it. I might actually read up on it later, id be interested to see what changes there have been since I left.

This is actually a lot of fun. I only played WoW for two weeks but I was bored pretty quickly by that. This seems a lot more fun. There's a story from the off and it's quite cool seeing all the heroes running and flying around the city.

Also, the areas are huge. You have access to all of Metropolis and there aren't any areas that need to load.

This might be an MMO I want to actually play. Shocking, really.

Rez isn't going to like this but it doesn't look like you can be a Lantern. At least at the moment.

I wonder how the Villain's missions differ.

This is actually a lot of fun. I only played WoW for two weeks but I was bored pretty quickly by that. This seems a lot more fun. There's a story from the off and it's quite cool seeing all the heroes running and flying around the city.

Also, the areas are huge. You have access to all of Metropolis and there aren't any areas that need to load.

This might be an MMO I want to actually play. Shocking, really.

Rez isn't going to like this but it doesn't look like you can be a Lantern. At least at the moment.

I wonder how the Villain's missions differ.

shipment_of_fail.jpg

To be fair, you can pretty much make a Lantern with the costume editing. You can't be a Lantern in the same way you can't technically be a Kryptonian. But you can have all their powers and look like one.

Not sure how close the powers come to that of the Lantern's.

Edit: Apparently the Green Lantern fight set is coming but won't be there at launch.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/350/feature/4665

There seems to be quite good reasoning behind it.

Edited by Daft

. Green Lantern is a little more fringe than Batman or Superman, but by no means is he less deserving of attention. It would be easy enough to just give players a few powers that vaguely resemble a ring of power, but instead what SOE Austin is hoping to do is build up the background of the Green Lantern lore for some time before unleashing the power set and probably a whole host of other content to coincide with it. This is the kind of thing that’s tailor-made for an expansion, if you ask me.

Fair point. Still kind of blows though.

As I think I spoke about in this thread before, I think it'd be awesome if you couldnt just choose to become a Green Lantern but depending on your play style you could be offered a ring later on in the game.

Well it looks like they'ye going to hit DCUO hard with Green Lantern content and the use of Corps. It'll be quite cool to get caught up on everything like that since I have no idea about most of it.

It might be a cool idea if you could only become a Lantern if you were invited by another player. Kind of like a viral achievement.

Anyway, my character looks siiiiiick enough as he is. :D

Ah right, its been years since I last played it. I might actually read up on it later, id be interested to see what changes there have been since I left.

The main change is: there's now nobody playing it anymore.

I like this game :) Not sure how long that will last though since I have never liked an mmo before. It freezes too often right now and there have been a few glitches with the sound.

I picked super sprint as my power instead of flying, I thought it would help in battle, and would be less awkward. I can't use it in battle though :( At least I'm faster than the fliers :p

Yeah, the sound is really glitchy. I started a new character because I hated the dual wielding swords shit. Now I just pummel people with my fists and ice powers. Looks way cooler. I can't resist flying. Wish it was faster but at level 9 you can go and sonic boom so fingers crossed that'll fix it.

I also randomly transform into some hulking ice dude when I use my powers some times.

Currently on the mission where I help the Flash. I got my ass handed to me, though.

Plus is only like £9.99 for 3 months. It's worth it (although the downloadable game this month is turd - but Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves is free which is £5.49 if you're not on Plus...so it does make a lot of sense), at least to try once and you'll get into this.

I finally got Sonic Boom, which means I can fly a lot faster. Thank goodness.

Just got to Gotham. About to fight Bane. This is a lot of fun. I can imagine it being awesome with a few friends. Shame I have none.

I've decided after playing for a lot of today, I probably won't get this. I have better things to do than play an MMO.

Although, if I were to play an MMO properly it would be this one. MMOs are generally shit so that isn't saying much.

I'm expecting to feel the same way as you after a while but right now I like it a lot. The fighting system isn't mind-numbingly repetitive to me, and the heroes and villains talking to me directly makes it feel cooler than when Skeleton B talks to me.

The main problem is it's supposed to be $15 a month... Not being an mmo fan I think that's a ridiculous amount of money for one game, especially if you have to buy the disc. If there is no way around that it is highly unlikely that I'll get it, but my brothers want to play too so that'll reduce the price for me at least.

For those of you who don't have a Plus membership: I have a beta key to give away since I won't have the time to play an MMO. PN me if anybody's interested.

First come, first served.

Edit: The key has been given away.

Edited by drahkon

I'm now tempted to get this again and just pay the monthly sub on and off. Hmmm....

I'm now tempted to get this again and just pay the monthly sub on and off. Hmmm....

That's what I tend to do with MMOs, just pay when I'm in the mood for it. As long as enough NE people play though I can see myself lasting longer on this than others I've played.