NEurope
Daft

DC Universe Online

I have no idea who some of the villains are in this vid. Can anyone give a list of who's who?

The robot fighting Wonder Woman at the start is Metallo and the giant brought down by Green Lantern is Giganta. On top of the building with the forcefield is Lex Luthor, Deathstroke and Circe. Deathstroke is the guy with the two tone mask and sword. Firing rockets at Flash, obviously, Joker and Harley Quinn.

Turning everything into a crater while pinning Green Lantern is Black Adam.

Showing up at the end, Brainiac.

The robot fighting Wonder Woman at the start is Metallo and the giant brought down by Green Lantern is Giganta. On top of the building with the forcefield is Lex Luthor, Deathstroke and Circe. Deathstroke is the guy with the two tone mask and sword. Firing rockets at Flash, obviously, Joker and Harley Quinn.

Turning everything into a crater while pinning Green Lantern is Black Adam.

Showing up at the end, Brainiac.

Ah cool thanks for that. Never heard of Black Adam or Circe but they look pretty cool.

Just signed up for the beta really interests me as it more action orientated than the likes of WoW will ever be. One thing does confuse me though how come the preorder bonuses say play as Batman? I thought it revolved around you making your own hero and the heroes and villians of the DC world turn up as part of story/in game events?!

Yeah I did find that odd as you are right, you do make unique characters in the game. Im sure we'll find out more about it later.

Just signed up for the beta really interests me as it more action orientated than the likes of WoW will ever be. One thing does confuse me though how come the preorder bonuses say play as Batman? I thought it revolved around you making your own hero and the heroes and villians of the DC world turn up as part of story/in game events?!

As I posted, its arena mode only. You play against others abit like a fighting game its meant to be more balanced than normal pvp with your character.

The video is nice. I guess thats the intro.

As I posted, its arena mode only. You play against others abit like a fighting game its meant to be more balanced than normal pvp with your character.

The video is nice. I guess thats the intro.

oh right so there is an arena mode with the regular super heroes balanced how they want them to be. Kinda makes sense I guess.

Holy fuck this looks awesome. The heroes actually wearing armour, which they would do realistically.

And the inclusion of so many Great villains. Circe, yes.

I'm clapping at the portrayal of Wonder Woman -- usually in non-comic franchise she's portrayed really badly -- she's properly good in this, which is awesome.

Comic Con panel is live:

Interesting tidbits:

Solo and coop play present from beginning to end.

No crafting/professions although there are elements such as doing detective work like Batman.

Beta starts soon

DC Universe is a SOE game. SOE recently were placed under SCEE. Therefore console exclusive to PS3 and maybe the PS Plus thingy.

Some of the areas players can visit in the game include all of Gotham, Metropolis, Gorilla City, Area 51, and most of the iconic DCU locales..

the game features episodes that take place in different environments...such as in Metropolis... and even inside Raven's mind, to fight Raven's soulself.

Anderssen says there are all kinds of cool locations where these episodes take place. He says to check out the game's website for more info, as they will keep putting up more info.

Bruce Wayne is Batman in this game.

Lee says the character generator allows players to really add your own spin to characters, so you could get close to a Sith Lord but not an exact replica.......

No Euro sub details yet but the US gets a $15 per month sub.

Edited by Choze

Holy fuck this looks awesome. The heroes actually wearing armour, which they would do realistically.

And the inclusion of so many Great villains. Circe, yes.

I'm clapping at the portrayal of Wonder Woman -- usually in non-comic franchise she's portrayed really badly -- she's properly good in this, which is awesome.

Thats the first time I've reacted positively to seeing Wonder Woman....

She was.....she.....she was....good!

I wonder how/if the Green Lantern Corps will be used in this MMO. It would be really interesting if, depending on the way you played the game you could actually be offered a power ring.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/dc-universe-online-given-firm-date

Sony Online Entertainment's superhero MMO DC Universe Online, based on the comics world of Superman, Batman and co., will launch on 2nd November this year.

The firm launch date was revealed by Jim Lee, the comics artist overseeing the enterprise, at a Comic-Con panel, GameSpot reports.

The panel also revealed that the PS3 version of the game - it's planned to launch simultaneously on the Sony console and on PC - would not require a PlayStation Plus subscription to play.

Players will create their own superheroes to inhabit the DC Universe and interact with the likes of the Flash, Green Lantern and even lesser characters like Ambush Bug and Egg Fu. But they will also be able to take control of DC's most famous heroes in an in-game battle simulator, the panel revealed.

Not to far off think I will defintely pick this up. Hope plenty of other PS3 owners on here do as well!

I'll definitely be picking this up, I've always imagined what a mini version of me would look like in spandex.

City of Heroes could have answered that question for you 6 years ago!

Oh definitely.

Not sure what type of powers I will be going for yet though. Probably flight but apart from that I dont know. Anyone else had any thoughts yet for their characters?

I think I have a rough idea. :p

You're not funny enough to be the Joker.

(you are really)

Who's the dude in the CGI thing who looks like a bizarre version of Captain Marvel? He shouts SHAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!

He was in MK vs DC. Can't remember his name. Don't tell me it's Captain Shazam or something..

Who's the dude in the CGI thing who looks like a bizarre version of Captain Marvel? He shouts SHAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!

Black Adam. Dude is very powerful.

624161-black_adam_2_super.jpg

Unleashed_-_079_Black_Adam.jpg

shazam-and-black-adam-black-side.jpg