NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
masaki86

Inane reactions to the revo pad

Browsing through a few of my non-nintendo forums has brought me some laughs, none more so than pesinsight.com.

here are a few remarks that have got me semi-seething;(my commentary in brackets)

Dan19: Further proof nintendo is for kids(can't nintendo do anything without this lable??)

MightJoe: Won't be surprised if they scrap that design after it flops.(hmm, make a system around the pad, and then scrap the pad; yeah right)

LosGolacticos: Nintrndo SUCK.......N64 was the best games were disappointing but it was still good.....Gamecube was bollocks(hmm....interesting...)

Original?: I shan't be purchasing a revolution though because Nintendo screw over Europe with ridiculous waiting times for games, and the games are generally over-priced, although the consoles tend to be a bit cheaper.(overpriced..wtf, they're the same as the PS2 and xbox FFS!!!)

I've saved my favourite till last...Superslik: Nintendo=shit(great input, backed up by solid facts and figures)

So, anyone else seen any weird/funny/annoying reactions from casual gamers and the such?

Well I still have to tell my friends about it. I hope they'll like it but they're not exactly Nintendo fans. My sis did kinda like it though.

I told the vainest person i know and he said: "But that would me look stupid". He likes dance mats though. I think its strange how people dont mind displaying the worst dancing ever (could you imagine someone at a party dancing like that?) and braggin about it, but wont move they're arms in natural ways :no: . At least I know one of my friends will get it. I hate people. Closed minded ones anyway.

Herr Dark Wolf That smoking thing is awesome by the way.

It's only the other side of the coin though. I think some of the reactions here are a bit extreme considering it's being hailed by some as clearly the most wonderful thing ever yet they haven't even seen one in the flesh yet, never mind tried playing a game with it.

It's only the other side of the coin though. I think some of the reactions here are a bit extreme considering it's being hailed by some as clearly the most wonderful thing ever yet they haven't even seen one in the flesh yet, never mind tried playing a game with it.

Some reactions have been a bit extreme. My natural reaction was that there was a lot of potential in this. I'm still thinking that now. Hopefully, some information will be released soon about how this will allow us to play our games.

I showed my friends, they thought it looked weird. So I said just wait until you play one then judge and see if you like it. i'm sure once peopel play it they'll want one.

I reaaaaly laughed when I read these few posts in a thread on a forum I admin:

Gonzo: Remote sux! Controller good! WE WANT OUR OLD CONTROLLERS BACK! >:(

Gonzo: Remote sux! Controller good! WE WANT OUR OLD CONTROLLERS BACK! >:(

(jon note: yeah he posted it twice)

Gonzo: If you think its so awsome how the fuck are we supposed to play games! You know actual games?! Like LOZ SMB and others! If they don't make something like Stuckrat showed then the revoloution will not get alot of profit for there creation. Yeah it was a good idea being able to download games and such but with a controller Scratch that A REMOTE how are we supposed to play games!

(jon note: stuckrat showed the ign shell idea)

Robbydude: ITS A FUCKING REMOTE, WHATS SO AWESOME ABOUT IT

Gonzo: (quotes above post) EXACTLY! THIS MAN IS GENIUS!

It just makes me laugh. Just to piss them off a bit and make them go "oooh the forum has corrupt admins let's all get pissy and leave" I posted:

OH NOEZ IT A BIT DIFFERENT IT SUKKK!!!! ITZ NOT LIEK THINGS CHANGED BEFOREE!!!! APARNETLY ANYTING NOT NORMAL NOT 'REEL GAEM LIKE LOZ OR SMB' NINTENDO IS TEH DOOMED!!!!111eo1n!1

Doubtless many reactions to the new pad will be inane - many fanboys have not moved beyond the stage of "LOL, it's a kiddy toy!11!" with regard to the GameCube.

I asked my Sony lovin' friend(altough, he has been interested in a DS...), and he said it seemed to be awsome, and he can't wait 'till he gets his hands on it.

I find it funny reading all the fanboy comments that are currently flying around.

They seem to dismiss it before they’ve even researched it and realise its full potential.

I think what it is, is that these people are scared of change, they see a new idea and they instantly assume it isnt as good as the "traditional" way of playing games.

Either that or theyre just stupid fanboys :lmao:

If those reactions are so sad, why do you make a topic out of them? It only shows the stupidness of some people that bash anything starting Nintendo does. Ignore them.

I was at a pub yesterday and my friend was serving meals there and he walked past me at one stage and said "you know what I've realised, the revolution controller is mad". Never explained whether that was good or bad but there you go.

If the Revolution is a success, it'll be as a result of drafting in non-gamers rather than converting those who already play.

Hmmm funny humans n_n;

Judging the book by its cover...and the controller too. n_~

I dunno, I feel quite comfertable now about Nintendo, and I bet once the non-Nintendo gamers try the Revolution I'm sure they'll have to eat dust and admit they like it n_n

(or not)

Theres actually been good feedback on it too so I hear, though can't find the quotes u_u;;;;

--Ray

what were the reactions to the n64 controller?

i mean wtf:

A. they havent shown people playing it (i mean non promo)

B. they havent played it themselves

C. these aitn fanboys...these are extremists, all wanting the same shit all the time...

idiots

Some of my friends own PS2's and will never play my Cube, they think it's crap. But they are morons that can barely read, where as my other friends Peter and Robert think the cube is class and ds is way better than the psp. (guess what. they can read and know how to play football)

PS: The others can't play football. I mean like who can't?

"Dan19: Further proof nintendo is for kids"

How the hell does this remote...bugger...i mean controller make Nintendo kiddy?! I really dont get some comments I've read here dissing the controller and I daren't go onto stupid MS/S fanboy sites to see what they say!!

When I 1st saw the controller, I was like "WTF?! I don't get it"....Then i read what you can kind of call specs for it, and then i understood. Especially with the adaption thing; if Nintendo handle the adaptions well etc etc, It should def work!!

In my opinion, the only reasons people can not like this are as follows:

1) They've only seen a picture and haven't heard the facts.

2) They have no imagination.

3) They simply would prefer to play games the old way.

It's fair for them to say that they simply don't want this. That's fine. Accepting that you would prefer to continue along the same old train of pressing buttons is fine by me. What I can't understand is when they say it won't make gaming different, or it won't work. It's obvious that it works, so to say that it's not going to make gaming more fun is just plain ignorance/stupidity.

It's obvious that it works, so to say that it's not going to make gaming more fun is just plain ignorance/stupidity.

How can you be sure it will work; how can you be sure it will make gaming fun. You cannot really say this until you have tried it.

Sign in to follow this