NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
McPhee

Empire: Total War

Bugger, I now need a new PC, my laptop can't run battles in Medieval 2, and can only just run the campaign.

This is looking awesome.

Looking very very awesome.

According to wikipedia there will be over 50 factions in this game.

Yup, we're getting Europe, America (from Canada down to Central and possibly South America), Asia Minor (basically Europe to the edge of Iran etc.), Northern Africa, the Indian sub-continent and possibly some other areas as well. Easily 50 factions in that lot!

Known playable factions so far:

Britain

The Thirteen Colonies (America)

Sweden

United Provinces(Netherlands)

Poland-Lithuania

Russia

Prussia

Venice

Spain

France

Ottoman Empire

Plus the Mughals of India, although they aren't confirmed to be playable yet.

Release date of 9th February at the moment. It's a shame it' not out this year, but i suppose it gives me time to save up for new kit! Gonna need a new CPU + Graphics card for this beast methinks!

Yup, we're getting Europe, America (from Canada down to Central and possibly South America), Asia Minor (basically Europe to the edge of Iran etc.), Northern Africa, the Indian sub-continent and possibly some other areas as well. Easily 50 factions in that lot!

Added some stuff to the first post.

I reckon it'll be everywhere, because it was pretty much all part of someone's empire. Oh, and for the record, Asia Minor is Anatolia, the bigger section of Turkey.

Known playable factions so far:

Britain

United States of America

Sweden

United Provinces(Netherlands)

Poland-Lithuania

Russia

Prussia

Venice

Spain

France

Ottoman Empire

Plus the Mughals of India, although they aren't confirmed to be playable yet.

I'd say it's a safe bet to add Austria, Hungary, Kingdom of Sardinia, Kingdom of Sicily/Naples, and Portugal to that list.

Thirteen Colonies aswell, confirmed, instead of "united states"

EDIT

The Thirteen Colonies were British colonies in North America which rebelled against British rule in 1775. A provisional government was formed which proclaimed their independence on July 4, 1776, and subsequently became the original thirteen United States.

It is also confirmed that changes in government may occur during the campaign as the rise of democracy becomes an issue in this time period. For instance, the United States may only come into existence if the rulers of that area are unable to maintain social order. Another example is the French Revolution that may occur if the people of France are no longer satisfied with their sovereign. Factions will also have a varying number of objectives such as establishing successful colonies, trade routes and dominance in certain regions as victory conditions.

Unconfirmed as of yet (AFAIK) but it's from the early 1700s up to 1820-ish.

I reckon it'll be everywhere, because it was pretty much all part of someone's empire

CA have already stated they can't do that yet, it's outside of the boundaries of what their engines can render at any given time. It would also give players far too much to manage at any one time. They are making a map that is vastly out of scale and proportion instead and just changing movement speeds to keep traveling distance realistic. I'm hoping for China, Japan etc. but the chances of them appearing are very slim based on current rumour, they're even missing out a lot between Europe and India, just to squeeze India and Indonesia in to the game.

they need to make smaller armies like myth of the fallen lord. this is too much hassle to manage

they need to make smaller armies like myth of the fallen lord. this is too much hassle to manage

Classic Blender trolling and not a serious comment I hope.

Total War is about massive armies and the challenge of managing hugh scale conflicts. If you don't like this sort of thing don't play Total War - go play some Warcraft 3 or something.

this sounds awesome. I'd love to play Native American tribes but I suspect they might well be too small fry if they're covering the whole of Asia Minor. Oh well.

I'd think there'll be some form of native american game-age, even if they aren't actually playable. Either that or playing the yanks will be WAY too easy.

Sign in to follow this