NEurope
Boomstick

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop (BEST NAME EVER?!)

"Webcomics. Now with the same production values of Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop."

Brilliant.

Hehe, that tickled me. :)

So, can we name them to Crapcom now? Or, Cashcom? In the same vein as Ca$hley Cole who plays for Chelsea.

Lets not forget that capcom have made some pretty darn good games in the past (Like Zack & Wiki). Why should we consider them a bad publisher just because of one bad game that we haven't even played yet?

Lets not forget that capcom have made some pretty darn good games in the past (Like Zack & Wiki). Why should we consider them a bad publisher just because of one bad game that we haven't even played yet?

You're right, they shouldn't get entirely slated for just this. I take back my previous statement. They are nowhere near as bad as Ashley Cole.

But, they've always seemed like a contradiction to me. We had Resident Evil Remake for the Cube, which was a superb effort. We also had Zero exclusive, which was lovely. Then, to balance, we were given ports of 2, 3 and CV:X for full price. Which, wasn't all that great. That is just one example I'm giving.

However, focusing on this game, this doesn't seem like a Capcom effort, imo. Growing up with some of their games around me, I've come to expect a very high standard of them. Seeing something like Zack and Wiki on the Wii, it's different, and I haven't played it. But, from what I've heard, it's what we've come to expect from Capcom, a high quality and entertaining game.

Now, we have a contradiction. The 360 received this, and extra special care was given to it to ensure that gamers realised that a lot of effort was going into this. Now, if you initially told me that the Wii would be seeing a version of Dead Rising, I'd have been loving it. I'm a huge fan of George A. Romero's work, so actually "playing" a zombie game similar to Dawn of the Dead would have been lovely. But, from what we've been seeing so far, I don't think we're getting anywhere near a Capcom-quality game as we should be getting. I can accept that the game isn't going to be along the same heights as the 360 version, for technical reasons. But, there doesn't seem to be any soul to this game.

Have you ever played Body Harvest on the N64? Graphically, the game is cancer for the eyes. But, it has a soul. It's what I look for in games. I look at this game, and I see nothing.

why dont you guys like it? it looks good fun :) im getting it for sure, despite having it on 360 anyway

You must be kidding. It looks rather bad now and wasting money on it when you already have the 360 version, the better one just seems pointless to me.

Why so few zombies :(?

well im guessing that the wii just not has the horse power to handle more zombies on screen.. but damn.. your couldnt even get caught in a swarm if you tried

well im guessing that the wii just not has the horse power to handle more zombies on screen.. but damn.. your couldnt even get caught in a swarm if you tried

The Wii clearly hs the 'horse power' for better than this. You had bigger swarms in RE4. What's more the Zombies that are around look very bland as does the surroundings. This is just a cheap cash in.

The thing with comparing it to Hitman: Blood Money on the PS2 is that those 'zombies' or whatever they were had virtually no AI. All they were were models walking a tiny amount on the screen and not attacking the character. Whereas with Dead Rising, all of the zombies have a high level of AI which takes up more CPU and thus lowers the numbers on that can be on screen. Was even some slowdown when he was attacking in the Dead Rising clip with all of the weapons. But yeh, I still don't understand the lack of zombies to the extent we've seen.

As for an import hands-on, I haven't seen one yet. Hell, Famitsu haven't done a review for it yet as far as I'm aware. Not on their list of latest scores.

IGN have a hands on preview and it's really positive, saying the lack of zombies doesn't stop it being really fun

Well Ngamer gave it 55 so I don't think I'll be looking at this.

Hopefully people don't use this game as an excuse to not make proper games for the Wii if it doesn't sell.

Well, it just looks awkward watching that video. There's a lot of unused space. So, could they potentially just downsize the locations. That mall looks huge, but a lot of it is used.

In a way, it reminds me of the overworld from No More Heroes. Big world, but not very much to do. Why not make it smaller but packed with more things to do? I dunno, it's an idea. It just feels a bit pointless when developers create these huuuuge worlds with fuck all to do.

"Look at our uniiiiverse!"

"Yes...but it's empty."

"sssssh. It looks big."

"Look at our uniiiiverse!"

"Yes...but it's empty."

"sssssh. It looks big."

Hmm...a bit like Eve Online!

Its not out til Friday over here in the UK. I will pick it up eventually, probably when its down to a tenner as I have already played the 360 version.

6.9 on IGN, they've done a video review as well if you don't fancy the read. :heh:

Closing Comments

So Dead Rising continues to be fun even if you scale back the visuals, reduce the zombie count, and ignore the hero's photographic abilities. Capcom must have really hit on something with the "zombie killing playground" design. A lot of corners have been cut to get this game on the Wii and the result is not the impressive next-gen experience it was on the 360. Rather, it's a breezy weekend diversion with some fun gameplay and subpar graphics. Mowing down (small) hordes of zombies is a mindless pleasure, but the experience system and exploration lend the game some depth. The addition of multiple save slots is an improvement, and the Wii controls work well. What was a showcase title for the 360 is an average, but fun, Wii game.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/956/956791p1.html

hey guys,

a question for you guys who bought this. Does this game feature real widescreen (not the black border issue) the same problem that plagued resident evil 4 Wii edition. Zoomed in widescreen (chopping of the borders that makes the game even more jaggier and fuzzier than usual). Was that problem only with re4 Wii edition or does it return to dead rising Wii as well (same engine)?

Saw this for £19.00 at my independent games shop this morning, so decided 'what the hell'. It's not that bad. It's a fun game to play. My only gripes are that Frank looks a bit weird at times in the cut-scenes and that the controls are a bit akward.

hey guys,

a question for you guys who bought this. Does this game feature real widescreen (not the black border issue) the same problem that plagued resident evil 4 Wii edition. Zoomed in widescreen (chopping of the borders that makes the game even more jaggier and fuzzier than usual). Was that problem only with re4 Wii edition or does it return to dead rising Wii as well (same engine)?

I have a normal TV, and it has black borders.