NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Wii Sports Resort

Comes with MotionPlus.

Beach games;

Dog Fetch (throw a frisbee and the dog tries to catch it)

Jet Ski: Turn remote and nunchuck on their sides and use it as a throttle

Sword Fighting: Attack each other and thrown them in the sea. Nice and kiddy.

More activities promised.

Launches "globally" (i doubt it) Spring 09

Wii Sports™ Resort

Format: Wii™

Launch Date: Spring 2009

ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)

Game Type: Sports

Accessories: Wii MotionPlus (included)

Players: 1-4

Developer: Nintendo

KEY INFORMATION

Wii Sports Resort is a new collection of fun sports games that anyone can pick up and

play.

• This sequel to the popular Wii Sports™ makes use of the Wii MotionPlus

accessory, which gives players the most responsive and realistic experience

possible. The Wii MotionPlus accessory, which is included with Wii Sports

Resort, plugs into the base of the Wii Remote™ controller and, combined with the

accelerometer and sensor bar, provides an experience that gives players an even

greater sense of immersion.

• Just as with Wii Sports, people will love competing against friends and family. As

the competition heats up, Wii Sports Resort is as much fun to watch as it is to

play. First-time players will find it easy to pick up a Wii Remote and jump into

the action.

• Wii Sports Resort takes place on a tropical island. A wide range of activities will

keep players coming back for one more round. Some sample activities include

Sword Play, Power Cruising (racing a water scooter) and Disc Dog, which

involves accurately tossing a disc to a cute, Mii-like dog.

Shame its Spring release, was looking forward to fun like this at Christmas :(

Sword Fighting looks kickass...thats what will be used more in the Serebii house

The sword fighting looks OK, but the video was too jerky at the time to tell if the 1:1 works well with it. I just have one question...

...where are the sports?

but the video was too jerky at the time to tell if the 1:1 works well with it.

I didn't think it looked too responsive , although it may easily have been down to the feed.

Even so , really can't see me being in a rush to pick this up although I will see what other *cough*sports*cough* are included with this package.

Looks OK. I'd think we'd prefer fullly fledged versions of some the activities promised here. Where's Wave Race for example?

I could really care less. Doesn't excite me in the slightest.

Sword Fighting is the the new Boxing as far as I'm concerned. Should be excellent.

Obviously we don't know everything that will be included yet, but it looks like a decent enough package. Then again, I like Wii Play so I guess you can ignore my opinion.

What the hell is that last picture?

Does anybody know where I can watch/download just the Wii Sports part of the Nintendo conference?

Sword fighting is the only game that interests me so far. Don't care for the dog one much...

I'll get bored by it in 5 min.

What the hell is that last picture?

Does anybody know where I can watch/download just the Wii Sports part of the Nintendo conference?

That;s the single-player sword-fighting game. It involved sharpening/chopping up a pencil.

I could really care less. Doesn't excite me in the slightest.

Yeah 1:1 on Wii, who wants that? Who wants the entire reason there was to be interested in the console on the first place! Man fuck Nintendo just gimme another archaic Zelda game where I waggle to replicate a button press, none of this improved motion control!!

Yeah 1:1 on Wii, who wants that? Who wants the entire reason there was to be interested in the console on the first place! Man fuck Nintendo just gimme another archaic Zelda game where I waggle to replicate a button press, none of this improved motion control!!

Not on my watch buddy!

lol

Well what I mean is, right here we have an example of a game on Wii finally doing what it was meant to do from day 1. 1:1 style motion control.

Despite that, people would've been happier if they showed a Zelda game that just had TP waggle and nothing else.

They showed off progression on Wii in terms of control. They told us the Mario and Zelda teams are working on new projects. That should be enough for people to put 2 and 2 together and realise, oh, we finally have something that makes the Wii standout from a waggle fest and Nintendo are developing hardcore games that will evolve from this.

Obviously they were going to show off the casual ones, it's what they do nowadays and they demonstrated the 1:1 working. That should be enough to excite people or SATISFY them but everyone just wants to roll around and bawl like a baby.

Well what I mean is, right here we have an example of a game on Wii finally doing what it was meant to do from day 1. 1:1 style motion control.

Nintendo never stated that the Wii Remote would have an accurate 1:1 control, they stated it was about movement and they also said their games were about the motion, not the precision of it (have a gander at Wii Sports)

Despite that, people would've been happier if they showed a Zelda game that just had TP waggle and nothing else.

By people you mean Nintendo fanboys? I don't think that three quarters of Nintendo's demographic wants Zelda, but only that handfull of gamers. Zelda or Mario are not as important. They're not the message they want to bring, and they would disrupt the flow of Nintendo's casual press-conference. Be sure that an expo like E For All could reveal Zelda - but Zelda is no more a huge announcement like it once was, because right now, very few Wii owners care.

They showed off progression on Wii in terms of control. They told us the Mario and Zelda teams are working on new projects. That should be enough for people to put 2 and 2 together and realise, oh, we finally have something that makes the Wii standout from a waggle fest and Nintendo are developing hardcore games that will evolve from this.

They told you the Mario and Zelda teams are working on projects, and later they mentioned the 1:1. Nintendo didn't intend for you to 'bring it together' - although, off course, Nintendo's own products will certainly support it. Nintendo meant for people like you to stop asking about Zelda and Mario, because they're working on it and it distracts the attention of the casual gamer into the confusing lands of hardcore gaming.

Obviously they were going to show off the casual ones, it's what they do nowadays and they demonstrated the 1:1 working. That should be enough to excite people or SATISFY them but everyone just wants to roll around and bawl like a baby.

Now they truly market it as 1:1, so it should be working. This last line, though, is entirely true.

To The Point: Wii Sports Resort looks nice. It's Wii Sports with more enviroments that do not resemble the early incarnation of blue and green, but that seem happy, casual, and perfectly aligned with Nintendo's intentions to introduce peripherals with games that use them. I'de love to know how this one turns out, and maybe - if we're lucky - Nintendo might give us WiFi Connection on this one...

It should be noted that the technology for this 1:1 was not commercially viable for 2006

Wii Sports Resort looks nice, I don't care much for frisbee game but the other two looked great. I wonder what else we can expect.

Swordfighting should be awesome, really looking forward to it.

I wonder if it will also improve the accuracy in existing games. That would be really cool.

Sign in to follow this