NEurope
Ashley

Call of Duty: World At War

With support for the Wii Zapper and lots of explosions a new CoD game is coming to Wii!

More soon.

This looked pretty sweet. Both literally and figuratively. Hype +1.

Overall though, I thought this was a pretty lame E³ presentation... Too few games presented!

Hope it'll have online multiplayer, with unlockables like CoD4.

Fortunately, it does. (That is online. Unlockables I don't know about.)

I think bringing the franchise into WW2 is a big mistake. I'll still happily pay for it, mind.

Fortunately, it does. (That is online. Unlockables I don't know about.)

I think bringing the franchise into WW2 is a big mistake. I'll still happily pay for it, mind.

online co-op? :o

online co-op? :o

We can but hope. Treyarch say that the Wii version will miss out on the smallest amount of content as possible (compared to Xbox and PS3), so if those consoles have co-op, it's safe to bet the Wii will too.

Didn't really reveal much, though the graphics look super.

I for one don't think that's in-game footage. Looking nice though.

No ingame footage in that video, though it looks good. Nintendo should have shown a Disaster trailer in this way.

It is not in-game, but it is straight from the in-game engine: not rendered FMVs or anything. And it is from the Wii build - the exact same trailer but from the 360/PS3 build was released weeks ago, and the technical superiority is clear.

Thats what i meant, not in game as in gameplay but in engine. Like a cut scene for example. But I'm 99% sure it's not Wii footage.

Well even if you're right, what was shown at the Nintendo press conference was certainly Wii footage, and (I thought) that did look very good - which is the main thing, really.

What was shown at the Nintendo conference looked really good for a Wii title. There's a clear difference between it and the other consoles but when put in perspective, it is very clear Activision is giving it their all to ensure no compromises are made between the two versions.

With that said, I'm probably going to get the Wii version because of co-op light-gun style gameplay. That would be fun as hell to play with my Dad and my little brother.

That looks awesome. They really seem to be making a lot of effort with this one. I hope it plays well. Although I'd rather it have been modern combnat than back to WWII

Somehow I have a feeling this game doesn't support the Zapper as a separate mode like in MOHH2, but as the default playing mode. Which means, you move with the nunchuk and shoot with B button.

If true, that means there aren't a lot of buttons supported A, D-pad, plus, minus, 1 and 2 are all but unused. Leaving only the C and Z buttons for other functions.

Hope Im wrong though.

I don't think so IMJ. I've been lurking around on the official CoD forums from Activision and there are numerious official sources on the forum from developer interviews that explicitly state that the two versions are virtually the same sans technological restrictions. And even then they would push it to its absolute limits.

If I been reading right, the Zapper co-op mode is a feature exclusive to the Wii much like MoHH2. It has a single player mode, Zapper mode, and online.

I think the only real limitations we can expect are graphics (duh) and potential online gameplay modes being held back for the same reasons.