NEurope

Really? I've never played one before and I'm planning on buying it today... So what are the pros and cons?? Or is there any other game I should buy instead... Already have the classics like SMG, SSBB and MPC...

Yeah I think so! It's relaxing, pointless, you can play it for 30 minutes or 3 hours, the online community aspects are great. Basically, if you like collecting stuff, like the creativity aspects of sims/mysims, community aspects with other players and doing fun little things like fishing, catching bugs and sending hate mail to annoying villagers....it's hard to explain! But it just grabs you!

Other good games? Bloody hell there's loads, I'd post a game request in the General Board and people will come up with loads of suggestions, or actually theres a 'Ive finally got a Wii thread' and people suggest loads of games in there.

PS Though download World of Goo NOW!!!

I've my gates open here if anyone wants to drop over for anything. I'll probably be on for about half an hour or that!

My Town is still in its early stages, but what the hey. :heh:

Name: S.J

Town: Phoevill

Code: 3867-2115-7958

Couple of quick questions, are there any tips for fishing out the key? and is there a way to stop turnips going rotten after a week? Nook never seems to heighten his prices here. :(

PS. PM me if you do add me, I'm not on here too often. :heh:

Got my invitation for Redd's so went in for the first time today and bought a Basic Painting. Bloody prick sold me a fake, and on my first visit. Typical Redd. They really should have put in a way for the player to notice whether it was fake or not before buying, like discolouration on the painting or something.

Will go back on later as I try to attain fruit other than apples.

Think it's any day but it has to be night. That's how I got in. Got a silver shovel when I went in but it's kind of useless seeing as I have a golden one.

Couple of quick questions, are there any tips for fishing out the key? and is there a way to stop turnips going rotten after a week? Nook never seems to heighten his prices here. :(

Haha, I wouldn't worry. Despite having a decent selection of fruits, my village is also still in its very early stages. :heh: I can't help you with fishing for the key cos I'm yet to have that little scenario happen to me, but I do know that there is no way to preserve your turnips. Well there wasn't on the DS one anyway! I've had pitiful prices too so far this week- last week I ended up selling mine in Tales village for about 150ish bells a piece.

I added you to my list btw. : peace:

Got my invitation for Redd's so went in for the first time today and bought a Basic Painting. Bloody prick sold me a fake, and on my first visit. Typical Redd. They really should have put in a way for the player to notice whether it was fake or not before buying, like discolouration on the painting or something.

Will go back on later as I try to attain fruit other than apples.

Haha, yeah, the first thing I got was a fake too. But the second one rests in the museum, so it ain't all bad. I've not been in Redds for a wee while as I've not really had that much spare cash in the game- I've blown it all on turnips the past two weeks and only done minimal shell + fish selling in between.

Haha, yeah, the first thing I got was a fake too. But the second one rests in the museum, so it ain't all bad. I've not been in Redds for a wee while as I've not really had that much spare cash in the game- I've blown it all on turnips the past two weeks and only done minimal shell + fish selling in between.

I've been really lucky.

So far I've gotten 4 painting from Redd (all Real) But the 2nd time was the same painting I got the first-so I mailed it to a friend. I'm sure I'm due a fake any week now..

yesteryeargames

FC: 0431-2020-6373

Name: CHRIS

Town: Penzance

hi all, added you ACES please add me too,

i will be opening my town about 9pm if anyone wants to earn some extra cash let me know :) just need help gathering fruit, and dropped outside nooks, ill pay 10k to whoever helps :)

So no one knows what day I can go in Resetti Surveillance Center.

It's random. I got in last week.

Nook is a prick. 1,800 bells for a Pike?!?! Ridiculous. How does the raccoon sleep at night. May he get rabies and die a horrible death.

yesteryeargames

FC: 0431-2020-6373

Name: CHRIS

Town: Penzance

hi all, added you ACES please add me too,

i will be opening my town about 9pm if anyone wants to earn some extra cash let me know :) just need help gathering fruit, and dropped outside nooks, ill pay 10k to whoever helps :)

I added you, thanks :)

Anyone know why some names in the friend roster have a yellow speech bubble next to it and some have a pink one??:confused:

Just bought this game off ebay with the WiiSpeak. Can't wait to play it. My Wii has been getting kind of neglected the last couple of months. This game should change that. In fact, gonna go to Meadowhall tomorrow (Its Payday!!) and treat myself to some Wii games. Boom Blox, WarioLand and de Blob should do it.: peace:

I've been really lucky.

So far I've gotten 4 painting from Redd (all Real) But the 2nd time was the same painting I got the first-so I mailed it to a friend. I'm sure I'm due a fake any week now..

So far i've gotten 2 real from redd's place.

Anyone know when/where to catch the Darn Stringfish??

Caught 6 coleacanths so far so my Sea is pretty good but my river doesn't seem to want to hand over a stringfish! :(

It's random. I got in last week.

Was it before Christmas Eve.

and how do you know if you got a new bridge in town?

I got served when I turned it on today. Apparently I didn't save properly yesterday, even though I'm positive I did. So I lost about 10,000 bells and all the stuff I bought yesterday. That kind of pissed me off.

I've not really be playing solidly, but it's fun to put 30/45 minutes into the game every day.

I have had to fish the key out twice now and i'm not sure if you could consider this a tip but I just fished in the river (in the part where the resident is closest to) and after 2 or three go's I fished them out...

So far i've gotten 2 real from redd's place.

Anyone know when/where to catch the Darn Stringfish??

Caught 6 coleacanths so far so my Sea is pretty good but my river doesn't seem to want to hand over a stringfish! :(

6!?!

Okay, I'm going to be honest, I'm struggling to catch one. I caught on on the Ds version no problem, but I just can't get one on this. I'm sure I've had one, but when I pull to catch it runs away...I do it instantly, am I doing it too fast? Whats the trick? I'm really struggling :)

Also, it's snowing in my town today so any help would be much appreciated!

I added you, thanks :)

Anyone know why some names in the friend roster have a yellow speech bubble next to it and some have a pink one??:confused:

Yellow is when you have added a 'comment', pink? Is it when you're online with someone? I think thats a comment they have written about you.

6!?!

Okay, I'm going to be honest, I'm struggling to catch one. I caught on on the Ds version no problem, but I just can't get one on this. I'm sure I've had one, but when I pull to catch it runs away...I do it instantly, am I doing it too fast? Whats the trick? I'm really struggling :)

Also, it's snowing in my town today so any help would be much appreciated!

Yellow is when you have added a 'comment', pink? Is it when you're online with someone? I think thats a comment they have written about you.

I know! From what people of told me the Coleacanths seem to be pretty hard to catch... but I have no problem catching them?! 4 of them helped me pay off my mortgage 1 I donated to the museum and 1 I have just sitting in my house for show (cos it annoys my friend who also is having trouble at catching them lol)

I 'm not sure if I know a trick.. but what I do is patrol the beach with my fishing rod (very slowly) and I after every couple of spaces i walk i stop and throw my rod in, if there is nothing there then I walk a couple of spaces and do it again.(doing this the whole length of the beach..)

Its seems to me you might only be able to catch it in one part of the beach as all of the coleacanths i have caught have been in the same part of the beach. Mine is in the right hand side just after the river meets the sea. (not sure if yours would be the same)

Anyway once i have walked up and down the beach a few times I go back to that spot and I throw my rod in, i normally see a big shadow and then as soon as it nips i whip it up quickly and continue to shake my wii remote until it tells me what i have got.. and it seems to work for me?!

(I use the A button to catch the fish as soon as it bites)

Good luck :)

Yeah thats what I do, stalk the beach :) WHy do you shake the wiimote? So you press a, then shake the wiimote? Is that out of excitement or the secret to your success? Hmm....

Yeah thats what I do, stalk the beach :) WHy do you shake the wiimote? So you press a, then shake the wiimote? Is that out of excitement or the secret to your success? Hmm....

You know fishing can also be done with waggles? I prefer to do that, just shake it to cast your rod and then shake it again to yank it out.

I'm also struggling to catch a coelacanth, my dear Dazzolas. You're not alone!

I think I've caught about 4 coelacanth's, I definitely prefer just pressing the a button, especially since you have to be so quick that I worry the waggle wont pick up straight away! One thing to remember is that they only nibble a maximum of 5 times. So if you've got a giant shadow at the end of line and it's just nibbled and retreated for the 4th time then you know for certain that it'll bite next time it comes in. Makes it a lot easier because you can press the button/waggle instantly!