NEurope

How do you post photos on here? Do I need to host them at another website or can I upload them from my SD card?

You need to upload them to a website or image hosting site, or just add it as an attachment.

All of us were standing so nicley yet you had to spoil it :heh:

Could you guys hear me well enough when I was using Wii Speak?

Some guy just offered me 150k for one of my stuffed stockings! I care not for the cash I want me Majoras Mask or Mindas Mask. Sweet thing is us Euro peeps have another event coming up this month aswell so I expect the same supply and demand thing to happen :)

Yeah, I just visted alot of towns and talked to the Mayor. Make sure its raining/snowing Dazzy or all you will get is Sea Bass :(

After running around with Nicktendo, Welsh Gamer and yesteryeargames last night I decided to go hunt for the ghost. For the life of me I couldnt find it but some good did come of it. I managed to snag a Tuna ( slighty larger shadow than S.Bass ) Lobster, ( same size shadow as S.Bass ) and then when walking back to the mueseum a caught a Stringfish!! (MASSIVE SHADOW ) All of this happened in the space of 5mins, I was well happy.

Also this happened last night! Saucy!!

MOE.jpg

I have chance to be visiting alot of towns today as my Nooks is closed as hes upgrading and I wont be able to sell anything.

MOE!! I loved him in the DS version and I never let him leave. Same with Bunny and another person I can't remember the name of. I want them in my town in the Wii version :(

Well having now put in about 4 hours and had my first online experience with HoT, Chris and Neb and then a quick visit from Tales I feel there is a very simple way to sum up this game.

It is the same Animal Crossing game we have all known and loved for the last few years but for the Wii generation. So many many things about it spack of it having more casual leanings. The most simple being that you can now save by clicking in the top right hand corner rather than having to run back your house (which you can also do). Also the city as has been said in many a review lends itself to a more casual audience who may not pick up the game everyday and therefore don't want to miss out on special events.

The same endless slog of pursuing wealth and then having to plunder it all in Tom Nook's expanding wallet is still there. Couldn't they have mixed it up somehow and made it a little different rather than exactly the same. I have even found myself rushing through conversations as I am not as wrapped in it all thats sad as the writing is as great as usual.

But what's good about the game? Well it is still as cute as ever...I also love some of self-referential jokes that fans of the series will get. Such as when you go to see the Major and he gets deja vu, little moments like this help to allievate the feelings that it is exactly the same? I love the bus trips to the city Kappn goes on and on makes me think of london taxi driver just talking shit and not waiting for a real response.

Now on to the City the one big new feature aside from Wii Speak. I do quite like it. I struggle to play everyday so its nice to know I won't miss out on Redd. I still feel this is a missed opportunity though. Would it really have hurt to come up with some truly original ideas? Really?

I still think there is one aspect of Animal Crossing that is lacking and thats interactivitiy. Mini Games are much derided but there is a place for them in AC if you ask me. Imagine if the city had some sort of arcade or such like, or a games room? It is just that little bit extra that would help bring the game above the others.

For me I am on a free 21 day trial games rental...I will make my mind up at the end of that whether or not it is worth buying. I am still very much on the fence there is this sense that I have played it all before and why should I put money and time back into it again when I could pick up another new game I am yet to play? But then still there is this nagging feeling (something Nintendo is all to keen to tug on) that I have to restore the village of Pompey to the same glorious prosperity it enjoyed on the Gamecube.

Ended up getting this and I've spent some time with it now. Definitely very relaxing; I think I could get into this over time. I've just been fishing and collecting bells to try and pay off my house. I missed Joan today though so I guess I'll have to just keep selling fish until next Sunday. I'm sharing my town with others in my family so I have to wait a while for Nook's Cranny to restock equipment.

I've been donating all my fossils to the museum so far; I like seeing them appear in the display room and think it'll be cool when the dinosaur skeletons are complete. :)

where u selling them m8 lol?

how does one unlock tom nooks 2nd shop, ive spent loads and have obtained the bronse rank in the store and i have paid off the 1st load to geta bigger house ect?

where u selling them m8 lol?

how does one unlock tom nooks 2nd shop, ive spent loads and have obtained the bronse rank in the store and i have paid off the 1st load to geta bigger house ect?

The first shop upgrade comes after you play the game for 7 days

I told you the answer like 3 times when we were playing today! As for my selling of items, gamefaqs AC boards is the place to get massive amounts of cash.

I took a few pictures today :)

ruu0001se3.jpg

This was first fish i caught so i thought i would take a screenshot :heh:

ruu0003yu0.jpg

I then caught a Squid :)

ruu0004kb6.jpg

This is of me and welsh_gamer :D

ruu0005dj0.jpg

And a nice one to end :heh: of me with my new bandana :)

I really do love this game :heh:

I can't wait to play more tomorrow :D

Yay, cool pics MadDog. I must remember to put my SD card in tomorrow. Oh, and sorry for trying to group rape you earlier....

Just returned from having a laugh with Agata on this with Wii Speak. Trying to break into Tom Nook's by attempting to break the windows with our nets and tunnelling in with our shovels while whistling The Great Escape them = priceless.

Today I was stung by a bee. Patty and Pierce, who I hate beyond belief, decided that they would mock me and refuse to talk to me. Big mistake. Thus I decided to be evil Tellyn; I bought the clown mask that tickled my fancy to hide my hideous disfigurement and became one with my inner psychopath.

I trapped both citizens in a prison of holes, Patty right outside her house and Pierce next to my house so I can keep an eye on him whilst watering my red turnip. I let Patty go free when she negotiated her release with a cactus, but Pierce is staying there overnight. Bastard parrot doesn't know who he's messing with.

Other than that, I bought a watering can and tended to the rose garden I'm starting outside my seaview house. :)

Sweet! Just scored a nice 200k and Majoras Mask for my last 2 spare stockings! :)

This is just baffling! Must go on there and sell mine!

Where do they get the masks from?

Flame you could save like that in the DS version too. Why does making life easier for players instantly means appealing to the casual now? I don't have the game, but from what I see it's pretty much GC+DS and since to me DS already changed a lot, just due to the fact that the game wasn't constantly asking you to run chores, if you didn't play the DS version I don't think this can be that much the same at all.

I wanna get this fast aagh

This is just baffling! Must go on there and sell mine!

Where do they get the masks from?

You get them from Nooks. You have to spend alot of cash to get enough points for the mask. I think you have to spend around 300k for Majoras Mask

dazzy ill give you 50.000 for your stocking :)??

DONT DO IT DAZZY! :)

I managed to shoot down a few presents this morning. I got a Fire Flower and 2 Green Pipes so im assuming you always get Nintendo related items from them. Speaking of floating presents my new Nooks has opened and is selling a slingshot. Anyone who wants one just come into my village once the gates are open.

I caught a bee! :yay:

Good man! I tried again this morning but all 3 times I got stug :( How did you go about catching them? Is it just me or is it slightly harder to catch them in this version compared to the other two?

With the help of the massive amounts of cash I got for the stockings I have paid off my mortgage for the 3rd time! Im skint now so it looks like its back to fishing for me :)

Good man! I tried again this morning but all 3 times I got stug :( How did you go about catching them? Is it just me or is it slightly harder to catch them in this version compared to the other two?

I shook a tree, when the bees dropped I ran a way, pressed left on the D-Pad to get my net, which luckily was the first item selected. Then I turned around and swung for it with the Wii-mote. They fell right into my trap... HA HA *rubs hands*

On another note, Tom Nook, the robbing squirell, is only taking 80 bells for my turninps. That's a 20 bell loss on yesterday :shakehead So I can't pay off my house just yet...

Flame you could save like that in the DS version too. Why does making life easier for players instantly means appealing to the casual now? I don't have the game, but from what I see it's pretty much GC+DS and since to me DS already changed a lot, just due to the fact that the game wasn't constantly asking you to run chores, if you didn't play the DS version I don't think this can be that much the same at all.

I wanna get this fast aagh

LOL! I never realised that! Didn't play the DS version anywhere near as much as cube version. Largely because like you said the two versions were already vastly altered and I prefer the cube model of doing things. There aren't enough chores and save from constant fishing and shell collecting there is less to do everyday.

I think the city idea just lends itself to a more casual audience. It makes the hardcore commitment of having to be on the game between specific hours on specific days null and void. They obviously selected the characters to appear in town very carefully rather than loading them all in there. There are some missing who no doubt will still appear in the town from time to time. I'm thinking that walrus (forget his name) for example. They put the best loved characters/most useful characters in the city. The characters who offer the best features, Redd for rare items and pictures, the shows for the emotions, katrina for a bit of fun with fortune telling etc....Including the salon there is a casual move, it wasn't usually available until significantly far into the game, but now it can be accessed from the beginning. I am by no means saying the game is worse off for it but is clearly why it has been done.

I still do think the game is very hardcore and I reckon a lot of casual audience will struggle to reach anything resembling an end game scenario ie debts all paid off, town fund donations exhausted, big item haul etc... it is boggling the hours you have to put into it, wish there was a counter.

Anyway despite all this I have still put in 3 hours 45 yesterday and 2 and half this morning...Paid off my final set of first payments last night...

Progress has been slow (only just paid my first mortage) as I am just not quite feeling drawn in yet.

This was never the sort of game to spend countless hours on (IMO) and after doing the daily rounds I just can't be bothered chilling with it , so I am not even clocking an hour a day , maybe it will start to consume me a bit more soon.

Haven't explored the online yet but I have finally added some of you , maybe that will add to the experience.

I'm going to be away from my Wii and Animal Crossing until the weekend from tomorrow. :(

No events during the week are there?

Anyway, looking forward to getting in to it properly when I get back. Will post my code/add more people then too.

Has anyone else noticed the grass fading thing? All the places where you walk a lot end up leaving a trail over time, really nice touch. :awesome: