NEurope
ssj

Banjo Kazooie (XBLA)

just completed the quizz.. and ofcourse died fighting Grunty on the broom.. now.. do i have to do the quizz again to get to her? if so.. im finished with this game

just completed the quizz.. and ofcourse died fighting Grunty on the broom.. now.. do i have to do the quizz again to get to her? if so.. im finished with this game

No, as long as u have completed the quiz u wont have to do it again.

Get enough musical notes (nearly all of them) and you can unlock a reward that doubles your health effectively. I'd go for that if you're having trouble.

Ouch, what harsh reviewers Eurogamer has.

I'd have to go with "young". He's probably never played an N64 platformer before. He couldn't even figure out that tapping the shoulder button helps out a lot with landing. Bless 'im.

Oh my GOD. Have you ever read a review that makes you just think 'this person hasn't a fucking clue' - because that's what I'm thinking right now. I think we can all safely say that some opinions can be disregarded entirely, especially that guy's. 5/10 - get out. What a complete and utter joke. That guy wants his head testing.

Let's hope this moron's review doesn't put people off what is easily one of the finest games ever made.

Umm

Words cannot describe the Eurogamer review. I smell a nutcase or a fan of one particular series i.e. Halo. Because he has no clue what-so-ever. This is a classic with the majority of original features inc Stop n Swoop.

He has the decency to compare it to the games of 2008, which lets people know (had they not already grasped) that this guy hasn't a clue what he's doing.

I was thinking just that, Sheikah; You don't go around reviewing Laurel and Hardy films by todays standads arguing that "the bit where they swap laurel for a doll is really obvious" and "and it's only in black and white. If they had black, white and red then it would totally be a way more AWESOME movie"...

One fair point is that the game is costing 1200 points, when you can buy a physical version of the game - but most people get it for free (amirite?) when buying nuts n' bolts, which should be cause for a different angle of the review.

No, as long as u have completed the quiz u wont have to do it again.

but how do I get up there again.. when I enter the quizz thingie (circle on floor) the quizz just starts up again.. a pot I overlooked?

and I have every note in the game.. didnt get any reward.. appart from the achievement.. WUPPEEE!!!

but how do I get up there again.. when I enter the quizz thingie (circle on floor) the quizz just starts up again.. a pot I overlooked?

and I have every note in the game.. didnt get any reward.. appart from the achievement.. WUPPEEE!!!

Oh right. Don't remember that happening. I didn't think it started up again once i had done it.

There is a pot behind u when u first enter the quiz area. That links up to a pot further up the stairs just before u face grunty on the roof after u have done the quiz.

Oh right. Don't remember that happening. I didn't think it started up again once i had done it.

There is a pot behind u when u first enter the quiz area. That links up to a pot further up the stairs just before u face grunty on the roof after u have done the quiz.

hmm. didnt notice any pot beeing there.. but I will check it out later. cheers!

Yep the pot is there, I activated it too.

You can just walk over the game board freely after beating the quiz anyway.

I was thinking just that, Sheikah; You don't go around reviewing Laurel and Hardy films by todays standads arguing that "the bit where they swap laurel for a doll is really obvious" and "and it's only in black and white. If they had black, white and red then it would totally be a way more AWESOME movie"...

One fair point is that the game is costing 1200 points, when you can buy a physical version of the game - but most people get it for free (amirite?) when buying nuts n' bolts, which should be cause for a different angle of the review.

Yeah, you can't just add in the things that the guy wanted to see when things like that didn't exist back then. It's a shame that fairly original (there really was only Mario 64 before this) games like this get rated poorly, then repetitious churned out modern games get nines all round.

I think reviews should be like Famitsu. I don't mean giving games like FFXII and Nintendogs perfect scores, but at least have some sort of intelligent panel of people combining their views to form a more well-rounded opinion of the game. I mean, for heaven's sake! It only took a small look at the comments of this review to see people saying things like "glad I avoided this then"! People are basing their purchase decisions on this retard's review, there should be a system in place to stop things like this happening!

I love the quiz in this. I'd love to save before and go back and do it all the time :heh:

So do I, although I disliked the Grunty-specific questions as there was no way I could remember 3 things per Brentilda conversation. Kinda annoyed me when I lost a lot of health due to that.

Is the quiz not listed as a mini game from the main menu? If not, they really should have implemented that.

I have a great idea that makes so much sense. They should get a group of guys who made Zelda OoT/Majora's Mask as well as people who made BK and put them in a room with the original hardware. Get them to use the same graphics engines and software, and just get them to make more levels but in the exact same style of the original games! We loved those games, we need more of the exact same game! Not remakes...or new graphics...we need the same thing injected in 20ml doses. When I think about BK there were so many cracking levels - surely if there were an infinite number of these Rare monkeys with an infinite supply of cash and time, we could have these amazing levels until the end of time!

So do I, although I disliked the Grunty-specific questions as there was no way I could remember 3 things per Brentilda conversation. Kinda annoyed me when I lost a lot of health due to that.

Is the quiz not listed as a mini game from the main menu? If not, they really should have implemented that.

I have a great idea that makes so much sense. They should get a group of guys who made Zelda OoT/Majora's Mask as well as people who made BK and put them in a room with the original hardware. Get them to use the same graphics engines and software, and just get them to make more levels but in the exact same style of the original games! We loved those games, we need more of the exact same game! Not remakes...or new graphics...we need the same thing injected in 20ml doses. When I think about BK there were so many cracking levels - surely if there were an infinite number of these Rare monkeys with an infinite supply of cash and time, we could have these amazing levels until the end of time!

Wasn't there something like 7 levels originally planned for BK that were dropped before release? At least two of them turned out to be Witchyworld and Hailfire Peaks in Tooie.

Those two worlds did seem more special than the rest, so that could be the case. But they were slightly ruined by increased complexity...areas barricaded off until later when you learned new moves in other levels (ugh), splitting up and backtracking to a spot, switching to all the different egg types (not the worst thing, but still meh) and too much mini game focus.

I loved BK because you had all the moves on your person, and apart from one instance of getting the running shoes and going back to a place for a race, you could do each level as you went along. There wasn't tireless backtracking constantly either and switching between different modes/transformations (just the one switch occasionally on some levels).

God, I loved BK so much more than BT.

The worst was Grunty Industries.

But yeah, I agree that on the whole level design in Kazooie was better. Gotta love Witchyworld, Hailfire and Jolly Rogers though.

Yeah, GI was terrible. It felt like a chore, and it took me hours before I even got my first jiggy. By 40 mins I'd have some of the harder levels on BK completed. Many developers think they need to make things bigger and more complex to make them better. This isn't true...people wouldn't mind more levels that are shorter and more magical than constant backtrack tedium.

Wasn't there something like 7 levels originally planned for BK that were dropped before release? At least two of them turned out to be Witchyworld and Hailfire Peaks in Tooie.

Just one level. Glitter Gulch Mine.

I cant wait till Tooie comes out on XBLA. I know the general feeling is it ent as good as BK but i never got a chance to play it and really looking forward 2 it!