NEurope
ssj

Banjo Kazooie (XBLA)

Unfortunately the game is a little easier.

It saves the notes when you exit a level. Then again, it was extremely hard to get them all on later levels.

Also, don't play Bottles' mini game until the end of the game: The notes that Banjo gets in the jigsaw will disappear in the proper game.

Also, don't play Bottles' mini game until the end of the game: The notes that Banjo gets in the jigsaw will disappear in the proper game.

*confused* you mean the Jigsaws? so you play it and then the notes don't count? then whats the point in playing them... (excuse my confusion, it's been a while since I've played it)

*confused* you mean the Jigsaws? so you play it and then the notes don't count? then whats the point in playing them... (excuse my confusion, it's been a while since I've played it)

At some point in the game you can go back to Banjo's house and play a minigame where you do jigsaws. The jigsaws have moving videos of some of the levels. The notes that Banjo collects in those videos will be gone from the proper game unless you get them beforehand.

At some point in the game you can go back to Banjo's house and play a minigame where you do jigsaws. The jigsaws have moving videos of some of the levels. The notes that Banjo collects in those videos will be gone from the proper game unless you get them beforehand.

Oh I see, so all notes that are shown in that video, then dissappear... weird as I don't remember that happening in the original... but thanks for the heads up Cube. : peace:

So to summarise, the Jigsaws are basically for fun (and maybe an achievement)

but only after you have gotten every note in the game, makes sense I guess. :)

Curiously, Game have removed the pre-order bonus bit from their site...

And now Amazon has limited the codes to the first 1,000 preorders (not sure if they have already reached that).

It saves the notes when you exit a level. Then again, it was extremely hard to get them all on later levels.

Yeah, but that was the fun of it. Rusty Bucket Bay had a room with no floor and you could quite easily die, losing all notes you had up to then. Best best was to go there first.

Only 2 days to go before the codes get send and memories of Banjo can be re-lived once more.

Suppose this addition of saving notes when you leave a level is good as it can get tedious going back into a level and having to re-treave them all again every time.

ahh so long ago I played the original.. can't really tell zooie and tooie appart..

the quizz was in the first one right?

don't think i ever finished tooie

There must be a reason for it - I'm willing to bet Stop 'n' Swop uses notes.

A week tomorrow I tink if they get it a week early or something. It's 1200 points isn't it?

Wtf, notes are saved now? That was one of the worst things about Tooie. How could they do that?

Rusty Bucket Bay will never be the same in this version.

I tell you what, they have done a great job with bringing this to the Arcade. Currently playing it and all the memories i had are flooding back once again. Music helps a lot of stuff as well.

Already done Mumbo Mountain 100%.

I tell you what, they have done a great job with bringing this to the Arcade. Currently playing it and all the memories i had are flooding back once again. Music helps a lot of stuff as well.

Already done Mumbo Mountain 100%.

Me too, its making me think its too easy :p

Just 100%'d Rusty Bucket Bay

This game seems much easier than I remember

Could be, or that we have extensive knowledge of how to do everything in the game so it makes it seem easier. Or that we played it when we were kids, and now 10 or so years on we play it again so it seems easier that way as well.

Everything is where it was with the original, music is spot on. Text, Jinjo and BK heads are fine tuned and look great. Treasure Trove Grove 100% now.

And the notes do save, and don't return to the level upon leaving it.

Why was I thinking Rusty Bucket Bay lol...

I seemed to have totally missed clanker's cavern though lol

Yeah I skipped Clankers Cavern and went straight to the swamp for some reason. Im flying through the game, just finished Mad Monster Mansion and im heading for the final 2 levels.

I spent a good 20 mins trying to find the last 2 notes on Gobis Valley, turns out I missed them in one of the pyramids. The camera angle was terrible I couldnt even see the notes.

Been playing it all night...and done it all. There's nothing left to do now. :P

Except some jigsaw puzzles but meh, maybe tomorrow. Got all the jiggies and notes once more, ending hasn't really changed to accommodate the new game.

I noticed a considerable amount of slowdown, often in areas that had water. Apart from that it was a good port with some done-up visuals.

Now, much needed sleep awaits. :)

The biggest difference that I noticed is the draw distance. That honeycomb piece on Treasure Trove Cove that you could never see until you got right up close to it is now visible from miles away.