NEurope
ssj

Banjo Kazooie (XBLA)

Heres how I think sns will work

In banjo Tooie there was an extra area of grunty's lair called the tower room that was removed from the final version. The tower room was basically the beuty room in bk. I remain confident that you were given the bk sandcastle codes in that area.

Its possible that the tower room could easily be put into banjo Land somehwere, or even better acessible via grunty's very old lair ( which you can still go inside in Nuts and bolts)

You get the sandcastle codes ( which have changed from the origionals). Then get the sns items in bk arcade. A flag is registered in the 360's RAM and Nuts and Bolts recodnises this and is shown in the form of that stop n swop picture in banjoLand. If you have no items you have no sns picture. The e3 trailer just had a black picture frame as did the G4 demo.

Then you actualy unlock something in Klungo's arcade

I think the sandcastle codes were more debug things than part of the plan. I'm sure it involved playing Banjo-Tooie, pulling the cartridge out then putting in the Banjo-Kazooie cartridge to unlock the areas.

I think the XBLA BK will be access N&B's save file and vice versa.

I've gotten free points and codes with GAME pre-orders before and they went smoothly. Hopefully we'll get that (referring to B&K free with nuts n bolts pre order) :) (assuming Nuts n Bolts is any good)

I've gotten free points and codes with GAME pre-orders before and they went smoothly. Hopefully we'll get that (referring to B&K free with nuts n bolts pre order) :) (assuming Nuts n Bolts is any good)

Hopefully we get this same treatment over here as well, won't be too disapointed if we don't though.

From Kotaku

Microsoft has announced that Rare's original Nintendo 64 platformer Banjo-Kazooie will be showing up for purchase on Xbox Live Arcade on 26th November for 1200 Microsoft points. The game has been updated with requisite achievements and mysterious graphical upgrades, which I certainly hope amount to more than bars on either side of the screen. Fans who don't want to wait quite as long will be able to pre-order the 360 entry in the series, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, for a code that allows them to download the original for free two weeks before it goes live.

Rare's follow up to Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, is also slated to make an XBLA appearance in early 2009. Soon the Xbox 360 will encompass the entire bear / bird trilogy! How can it possibly contain so much awesome?

This 1200 point trend is disappointing. 1 or 2 games I can handle; becoming the new standard, I don't want.

This 1200 point trend is disappointing. 1 or 2 games I can handle; becoming the new standard, I don't want.

Have to say, 1200 points is a bit of a rip off for an old N64 game. I'm glad I'll be getting it free and early. :p

BK is amazing, but still I think the price is a bit much.

"The game has been updated with requisite achievements and mysterious graphical upgrades, which I certainly hope amount to more than bars on either side of the screen."

Bars? sod that! I hope theres an option to full screen / resize it. :smile:

Anyone have any idea if the stop 'n swap will work with Banjo-Tooie yet? That and the achievements is the main thing that's making me get the game.

If you get the game early, can't you just pre-order, get B&K then cancel pre-order? :heh:

^^^ if you pre-order online probably, as you will get the code e-mailed to you or something, but in-store? no idea...

If you get the game early, can't you just pre-order, get B&K then cancel pre-order? :heh:

"Early" is "The same day as Nuts & Bolts". The XBLA version comes out for everyone else a week or two later.

Anyway, I too hope for full screen. I'd certainly expect it for a 1200 point game.

^^^ if you pre-order online probably, as you will get the code e-mailed to you or something, but in-store? no idea...

You just get given the code on the day you pick it up. So I am told by the store where I pre-ordered it.

Looks perfect. Better looking menus and HUD, better resolution, full screen and proper widescreen and the actual game itself has been left alone (I was dreading that they would make it look horrible via updating just the textures).

Edit:

2eajyaa.jpg

35jxs9w.jpg

2u586k4.jpg

so8v8y.jpg

Looks perfect. Better looking menus and HUD, better resolution, full screen and proper widescreen and the actual game itself has been left alone (I was dreading that they would make it look horrible via updating just the textures).

Well, I have to say, it looks pretty much the same as when you play the game on Project 64 (I'm not exactly sure what this does to the game but it makes everything look sort of like in the screenshots; a better resolution). But I'd rather it look like that than how it originally looked on my HDTV.

Achievements:

Get Jiggy: 10G

Collect 2 Jiggies

Mumbo Jumbo: 10G

Transformed by Mumbo for the first time.

Knock out Nipper: 15G

Come out on top in a dust-up with Nipper the crab. Watch out, he's called Nipper for a reason.

Free Clanker: 15G

Liberate Clanker, Gruntilda's rusty and recalcitrant garbage grinder.

Chomp Chomp!: 15G

They're red and no less than 30 of them need chomping. Nuff said.

Move Master: 15G

Discover and master all Banjo's moves… and Kazooie's… but nobody else's. Unless you insist.

Show me the honey!: 15G

Collect all 24 of the extra honeycomb pieces.

The Quiz Master: 20G

Complete Grunty's Furnace Fun quiz show and win the Star Prize. Been paying attention?

Jinjonatored: 20G

Fear the Jinjonator. If you're a witch, that is. The Jinjonator lays the smack down on witches.

Jigsaw maker: 20G

Bet you thought jigsaws were boring! Bottles disagrees, and has seven of them to be solved.

Cheating Cheato: 20G

Bump into Grunty's disowned spellbook three times as it hops around the place dishing out cheats.

Music Maestro: 25G

There are 900 musical notes out there in the world of Banjo-Kazooie. Real gamers collect them all…

Looks good, and full HD and Widescreen as well awesome.

Achievements sound easy enough to complete, but i remember this game taking me about 6 months maybe more to actually get everything back on the N64. I think i will be completing a few games before BK comes out, otherwise who knows.

http://www.rareware.com/company/news.html

Places where you get BK free with Nuts & Bolts:

# UK: Amazon, Play.com, Game and Gamestation

# USA: Amazon, EBGames, GameStop and GameCrazy

# FRANCE: Micromania and Game

# SPAIN: Game

# ITALY: GameStop

# SCANDINAVIA: Game and GameStop

# CANADA, JAPAN, IRELAND, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, BENELUX, SWITZERLAND, AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND are participating, but participating retailers have yet to be confirmed.

A few months ago I got all Jiggy's and notes in one sitting (late night to 12 noon the next day). I went hardcore. I shall go hardcore once again.

Looks pretty decent really. I'm definitely happy with the way it looks anyway. I was worried it'd look a bit arse like.

I used to play a little at my mates house and really liked it and wanted to play through the whole game but never owned my own N64, so glad I'll finally get to play through it. For free as well :D