NEurope
ssj

Banjo Kazooie (XBLA)

so Goldeneye live arcade was definately in development, But becasue the Nintendo references wern't allowed the game got dropped, and they started working on banjo instead, which IS allowed since microsoft own banjo

so Goldeneye live arcade was definately in development, But becasue the Nintendo references wern't allowed the game got dropped, and they started working on banjo instead, which IS allowed since microsoft own banjo

Negative. They stopped working on Goldeneye because Activision won't give them access to the Bond lisence :hmm:

Negative. They stopped working on Goldeneye because Activision won't give them access to the Bond lisence :hmm:

Was the Xbox World article a complete lie? According to them, Activision were fine with it, but Nintendo weren't.

The main problem with Goldeneye is that it's the only Rareware game where both Nintendo and Microsoft don't have a great amount of say over (well..the Mickey's Speedway is the same but noone cares about that). Rare's games with Nintendo's franchises go to Nintendo, and Rare's own franchises go to Microsoft. It's just get fuzzy when someone else owns the license.

Why not have Activision oversee development, co-publish it and take a cut for themseleves? problem solved, everyone happy... surely it's as simple as that?

Maybe it isn't but Idk, I'd just like to play Goldeneye on XBLA. :heh:

Was the Xbox World article a complete lie? According to them, Activision were fine with it, but Nintendo weren't.

The main problem with Goldeneye is that it's the only Rareware game where both Nintendo and Microsoft don't have a great amount of say over (well..the Mickey's Speedway is the same but noone cares about that). Rare's games with Nintendo's franchises go to Nintendo, and Rare's own franchises go to Microsoft. It's just get fuzzy when someone else owns the license.

I was just telling it the way i heard it, there's a few different versions of the story though. To me the 'Activision said no' one makes the most sense to me, i just can't see where Nintendo tie in to the deal if Rare own all their non-Nintendo franchised games + all their own engines. Unless Rare don't own that engine? Who knows...

I think it was something like Activision asked Nintendo's permission, and Nintendo said no. Even though Nintendo have no actual power over the decision, Activision didn't want to piss off Nintendo so refused Microsoft.

Or something.

We all knew it would happen but its nice to see some confirmation.

"MundoRare has confirmed through different insider sources that, apart from Banjo-Kazooie XBLA, external developer 4J Studios is also working on its sequel, Banjo-Tooie, which will hit our consoles sometime in the future.

Therefore, the idea is not only to provide players with a new connection between BK XBLA and Nuts & Bolts, but also -quite possibly- bring back the original (or, at least, similar) feature between BK and BT that Rare wasn't able to add on Tooie due to later revisions of the N64 circuitry

Oh hells yeah.

I really really want to replay both of those but I'm holding off until I can do so on XBLA, for the better analog stick and of course achievements :p

Not to mention if I replayed on N64 I'd have to delete one of my completed files! :p

Tooie will most definately be a summer 2009 title, which means we will still have to wait a while for the origional Stop n swop.

Also does anyone remember that dropped bottles revenge mode in Tooie? Well its possible that the mode will be compleated in the live arcade version, with online functionality.

Hopes for some BK live arcade footage later this week at Leipzig games convention. Rare have confirmed they have one more suprise in store for August, so Im guessing it will be revealed this week

Tooie will most definately be a summer 2009 title, which means we will still have to wait a while for the origional Stop n swop.

Also does anyone remember that dropped bottles revenge mode in Tooie? Well its possible that the mode will be compleated in the live arcade version, with online functionality.

Hopes for some BK live arcade footage later this week at Leipzig games convention. Rare have confirmed they have one more suprise in store for August, so Im guessing it will be revealed this week

Heres hoping!

Damnit I thought this bump was for a release date.

I too, got abit excited and thought that. Heres hoping for a release date soon though!

I hope they do a Sonic and release it out of the blue during Leipzig or something.

Ken Lobb said it will come out around the Nuts and Bolts Launch window

( Mid/Late November)

I think thats a bad idea. Why? Because of Stop n swop. In the n64 days there would have been a 2 year wait if everything went according to plan between kazooie and tooie.

But just a few weeks to figure out how to get the items?

It wont be the same

I would prefer it if they released it like now! Give me some good banjo time before nuts and bolts comes out!

I would prefer it if they released it like now! Give me some good banjo time before nuts and bolts comes out!

I agree! or at least some screen shots to show us what the updated graphics are gonna look like. Im looking forward to it so much!

I wonder if they'll leave he voice alone for the original or replace it with gruffer sound from the sequel that always seemed out of place (to me at least).

I wonder if they'll leave he voice alone for the original or replace it with gruffer sound from the sequel that always seemed out of place (to me at least).

Hope they leave the sound as is, loved it. I think they might update it to make it sound fresher mind.

Here's some details from eurogamer regarding the Stop N Swop.

Rare has confirmed plans to release a Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts demo before the game's release in November, and outlined how the "Stop 'N' Swop" component that links Nuts & Bolts to the Xbox Live Arcade re-release of Banjo-Kazooie will work.

"A Marketplace demo? Yes," lead programmer Salvatore Fileccia told Eurogamer when we popped round last week for our Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts hands-on preview, published today. "We've got various different ideas. I think all the leads on the team all have their own idea what the demo should be, and it obviously makes sense for the demo to happen before the game ships. We all feel that it's essential because the game is so different."

The most likely scenario is a variation on the E3 demo (previewed elsewhere on Eurogamer), apparently. "There were four challenges in the E3 demo in Banjo Land...and that worked well, so the idea would be that and then we'd have some form of the editor in there as well, because that's a whole different part of the game - building things and seeing how they perform, and taking part in challenges."

The team is also "desperate to get Live in there", showcasing some of the multiplayer elements that we played for today's hands-on preview.

While we were up at Twycross, we also inquired after the Stop 'N' Swop functionality that will link the Xbox Live Arcade version of the original Banjo-Kazooie and the new Nuts & Bolts game.

"The way Stop 'N' Swop was meant to work originally was that there's parts in the original Banjo that weren't unlocked until the original Banjo realised you'd been playing the sequel, which we had to change because of the evolution of the hardware of the N64. It would've worked on early N64s but not the later ones," said Fileccia.

"So that's why we never actually released it. It was my job to actually finish it off, so you can't imagine how many fans hate me because of that! So what we're doing now is literally the same thing, so there is unlockables in both games that are accessible once both games realise you've been playing the other one."

So it immediately notices and unlocks, rather than asking you to do stuff in-game? "No, that in turn unlocks bits that you can use and so forth. I think that's about as far as I'm allowed to go!"

Finally, we also asked Rare about plans for downloadable content for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, which - with its significant online component and the huge promise of the easy-to-grasp vehicle editor - seems ripe for that sort of thing. However, the developers wouldn't be drawn, saying only that "nothing is set in stone", despite internal discussions, and a lot depends on how the game does.

We went out on a limb in today's Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts hands-on preview and said we hope that that's really well - because for all the moaning on forums and comment threads (admittedly away from Eurogamer's excellent examples - you're a classy lady), Nuts & Bolts is a cunning Trojan Horse for an idea Rare came up with years ago, and finally has the tools to realise. We really liked it, so check out the preview to learn why.

So I'm guessing that once you play BK:N&B then the hidden places with the eggs and the key in BK will be appear, and getting said eggs and key will unlock stuff in BK:N&B.

Thanks

So the Live arcade reward will more than likely be the one intended for the 64 version?

Pure awesomeness

Im looking forward to this remake more than I have with any other remake.

After 10 years we can finally compleat the game properly

Even more news

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=54925

Pre-order Nuts and Bolts and get Banjo Live arcade...............

FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm guessing that once you play BK:N&B then the hidden places with the eggs and the key in BK will be appear, and getting said eggs and key will unlock stuff in BK:N&B.

My guess is there will probably be specific things you have to do in N&B to get each egg, once you have the opened up egg you can then do something to unlock the next one etc, after getting all eggs something will unlock in N&B, once you do that in N&B the key will be available, once you get the key you will get something quite big in N&B.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=54925

Pre-order Nuts and Bolts and get Banjo Live arcade...............

FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully this applies over here too, especially since you get it 2 weeks before it goes up on the arcade! Afaik the Fable Pub games don't seem to apply over here, so I do hope it's different for BK.

Hopefully this applies over here too, especially since you get it 2 weeks before it goes up on the arcade! Afaik the Fable Pub games don't seem to apply over here, so I do hope it's different for BK.

It only applied with Game/GameStation preorders. Although I think there were a lot of problems.

I also hope that we get N&B for less than most games over here, too (It's $39.99 in the US instead of $59.99) .