NEurope
ssj

Banjo Kazooie (XBLA)

I cant wait till Tooie comes out on XBLA. I know the general feeling is it ent as good as BK but i never got a chance to play it and really looking forward 2 it!

Been there.. oh boy I've been there! I was really excited to finally get Tooie last Christmas after having Banjo Kazooie as one of my favourite games.. ever!

I still haven't managed to get into Tooie :hmm: ..there is just something about it that doesn't have the same charm and appeal.. to be honest I just think we were spoilt by the original! I loved Conker's Bad Fur Day too.. I always wondered if I made the right decision between it and Banjo Tooie when I got it.. and since last Christmas I know I got the right game back then :smile:

I still have hope I can enjoy it some day though..

In tooie I think I reached some "building" where I was rolling around as a washing machine.. and I just got bored with it.. but I think I will buy it again as a xbla title.. gave the original away to my nephew

I still need to beat Grunty here in Kazooie..

Just one level. Glitter Gulch Mine.

That's kinda weird, as the whole thing felt very Tooie (crap music and level design). Plus given all the Tooie elements (namely dependence on FPS sections as well as the level linking up to Witchyworld) it didn't feel BK-like. if it had have been on BK it probably would have been less tedious and very different.

I loved Conker's Bad Fur Day too.. I always wondered if I made the right decision between it and Banjo Tooie when I got it.. and since last Christmas I know I got the right game back then :smile:

I still have hope I can enjoy it some day though..

I remember both Tooie and CBFD coming out on the same day / week and I'm glad I bought CBFD at the time, definitely the right decision for me, I'd allready played BK (had it since release) and loved it, my younger brother ended up getting Tooie anyway so he ended up liking it more but because I never actually owned it I didn't actually play it properly so I'll be downloading Tooie as well when that hits XBLA. :smile:

That link I posted a couple of pages ago that you could use to download the game has brough the price down from 99999 to... free. Unfortunately it doesn't work, says that it's not available in your region -_- tried using different region accounts and even proxies from US, Japan and several places in between, looks like they're just making it unavailable in all regions to solve the issue (can't see why it's so hard to just take it off the site though :/)

Anyway just a couple of days to wait :D

Just one level. Glitter Gulch Mine.

From what I've read:

Witchyworld was originally planned for BK, but moved to BT due to time constraints. Same for GGM and Mt Fire Eyes (which became Hailfire Peaks)

Fungus Forest was also planned for BK but moved to DK64.

Hammerhead Beach was the beta name for Treasure Trove Cove.

Also of interest; the entrance to Mt Fire Eyes was most likely the reason for the Lava area on the way to Mad Monster Mansion, and Fungus Forest likely was originally where the Click Clock Wood jigsaw is.

There are another 2 unknown beta levels removed due to lack of time, meaning if time was no object BK may have been a 16 level game.

That link I posted a couple of pages ago that you could use to download the game has brough the price down from 99999 to... free. Unfortunately it doesn't work, says that it's not available in your region -_- tried using different region accounts and even proxies from US, Japan and several places in between, looks like they're just making it unavailable in all regions to solve the issue (can't see why it's so hard to just take it off the site though :/)

Anyway just a couple of days to wait :D

One would have thought so since they seem to be able to 'hide' the game on the 360 marketplace.

You will love it when u get it! I sure did! (Of course we all know its thanks 2 u that i got to play it when i did in the first place. But we wont go there again... lol)

From what I've read:

Witchyworld was originally planned for BK, but moved to BT due to time constraints. Same for GGM and Mt Fire Eyes (which became Hailfire Peaks)

Fungus Forest was also planned for BK but moved to DK64.

Hammerhead Beach was the beta name for Treasure Trove Cove.

Also of interest; the entrance to Mt Fire Eyes was most likely the reason for the Lava area on the way to Mad Monster Mansion, and Fungus Forest likely was originally where the Click Clock Wood jigsaw is.

There are another 2 unknown beta levels removed due to lack of time, meaning if time was no object BK may have been a 16 level game.

Cool, that would have made the game HUGE!!!!

The lava area bit makes sence. That area was quite random considering most of the hub world areas were themed on the nearby levels.

It truely would be epic if they somehow released an additional content pack and re-added in some of the originally planned lvls, that'd be huge ^^ won't happen though... probably... but still. :smile:

Nah, as cool as it would be there would be too much to change now to do it. Structure of the game (with totals etc) would be totally messed with, having to rejig Grunty's Lair and almost certainly add a whole lot onto it, and probably even have to change some of the existing levels.

It truely would be epic if they somehow released an additional content pack and re-added in some of the originally planned lvls, that'd be huge ^^ won't happen though... probably... but still. :smile:

It would be a good idea, but as Gizmo mentioned it wouldn't be beneficial to the game because all the counters for notes and jiggies would be messed up and some of the levels would have to be re-worked and/or redesigned to suit the game. That would also include Gruntys Lair. Which would bring onto some points, where would the jigsaws for Gobi's Valley and Click Clock Woods go and would Mad Monster Mansion be replaced.

For anyone getting the game off Live today, it's up now on the web-browser based version of marketplace, priced at 1200 points.

For anyone getting the game off Live today, it's up now on the web-browser based version of marketplace, priced at 1200 points.

At last!! I'll go queue it up now : peace:

EDIT - Hmm I don't have the option to buy it :(

I bought the Aussie version of Banjo Tooie as it released about six months before it came out in Europe.

I agree it wasn't as good as BK but it's still an enjoyable platformer.

It's up on XBLA Marketplace on the 360 now too. :)

Just wanted to point out that you no longer have to worry about Bottles Secret Puzzle glitching the game.

Just wanted to point out that you no longer have to worry about Bottles Secret Puzzle glitching the game.

I can't do those bloody things anyway. The controls are way too sensitive.

downloaded this for my g/f to play, I'm jealous :heh: she gets to play it for the first time ever, wish I could play classics like this for the first time again....

Oh dear. I'm on Click Clock Wood.

Edit: CCW beaten. Quiz, Gruntilda and Achievements tomorrow.

Apparently I'm 20th in the world.

I got this a couple days ago. And I am really enjoying going through this marvellous game again.

But I cannot wait to get to Freezezy Peak, my favourite level. :grin:

I got this a couple days ago. And I am really enjoying going through this marvellous game again.

But I cannot wait to get to Freezezy Peak, my favourite level. :grin:

Mine too! Except I seem have completely forgotten where 2 of the jiggies are! Uber annoying.

I'm loving the leaderboards for this though! :D

Almost done with this, just the quiz and Grunty to go, otherwise I have 100% of Everything.: peace: