NEurope
scubahood

Best console of all time?

Thought i'd bring my work place banter to the boards basically me and my buddy were debating best console of all time. He says PS2 for loads of naff reasons for me its probably N64 or maybe Dreamcast. What are your opinions?

Iwould have to say the GC. Some of the best games i've ever played are on that console.

I'd say N64, that console holds the title of "most fun had while gaming" in both single and multi-player.

Xbox 360 or Gamecube for me, both had lots of games I really, really enjoyed, which is nice.

Megadrive for me, some brilliant memories of playing that both on my own and with a load of mates

SNES N64 or GCN. If the Wii gets more decent games at E3 it could be on that list by tomorrow.

N64 for me, had awesome games and was great to play multiplayer.

Nintendo 64 - loads of EPIC single player games, along with many hours spent/wasted on classic multiplayer modes with friends.

Probably the nes, just because it was my first console and to me it'll always be my favourite.

Other than that I'd say the ps1 and wii, both are brilliant ^_^

Although I didn't have that many games from the N64 era I still consider it the best console so far.

Xbox 360 or Gamecube for me, both had lots of games I really, really enjoyed, which is nice.

You make it sound like the Xbox 360 has seen its best days...? As for me, I reckon I'm with the Eevil that is Murray on this matter:

The SNES.

The N64 is a close second.

Its true.

Dreamcast.

Its the console that I spent most of my time on back in the day, and was home to my favourite games EVAR - ie. Jet Set Radio, SA1, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi.

*bums*

Nah, the MegaDrive was infinitely superior. :wink:

Shut it you with your regional differences. :smile: Only kidding.

Guys, most of us will think the console we remember from our youth is the best. Why? Because we were new to gaming then, and as a kid you see everything with rose-tinted glasses. Or rather, when you grow older, you see everything from your childhood with rose-tinted glasses.

The PC will always reign almighty.

Except it isn't a console so I'll say the N64 for nostalgia's sake.